Sunburn

Lloyd90

I have seen a lot of sunburn in my years owning the caravan/camping site but today I have seen the worst, the stupid women even went to A &E last night as it was so painful, red raw and blisters. She is even talking about going home where she will be more comfy, 5 days early taking the husband and kids with her.

Mind you our sales for sun cream, aftersun and ice creams have gone through the roof.

Having seen all the warnings regarding sun bathing ... Why do you over do it?

People either get caught out and have no sun cream or they just don't care. Been caught out myself but try to put it on as much as I can. I'm prone to burning and usually always get caught out in the first warm day of the year even if it's cloudy the rays are strong enough to burn. Having a baby daughter has made me more strict on putting it on.

Its strange really on the radio and TV we here all of the time that skin cancers are getting more and more common and every time we have a mini heat wave they always say on the news to put on sun cream but do people listen.

Two years ago I had a skin cancer removed on my left hand . In between first and second finger. I said the doctor how is this I don't sit out sun bathing. He replied how old are you. I said 62 years old. His reply well that 62 years of sun on your hand. Would we every time we walked out of the house put sun screen on the back of our hands, I don't think so.