Affinity One, Or Armsan

billytheghillie

Was in my local gun shop and enquired about a Franchi Affinity, the assistant put me off it and said the Armsan was a better gun. I thought this to be rather funny. I know nothing about these two guns only that there is a big difference in price. I own a Hatsan 5 year old and never had any problems with it, just fancied a change. All comments welcome.

The franchi is built in the same factory as Benelli and the parts look the same. It has a seven year warranty so must be some good. I have one and have run several hundred shells of both normal clay cartridges and some steel wildfowling shells and not had a single problem. The shop probably get a bigger profit one , just goggle the reviews

Cant comment on the Franchi but I have an Armsan A612 and can say it is the most reliable semi I have ever used. I can compare it against two Mossberg 9200`s, two Remington 1100`s, two Hatsan Magnums and a Beretta 391 with the exception of the Remy`s I bought all the guns from New.

Edited by sportsbob

Next door neighbour has an Armsan A620. He's on the second one, and has come to the end of his tether with it, and with the dealer he bought it from, and with the importers. It has never satisfactorily managed to reliably chamber a second cartridge. The best reliability rate he has seen is 3 failures out of 50. Which is very poor.

Anything made by Armsan is something to avoid at all costs in my humble opinion.

Edited by CharlesP

Was in my local gun shop and enquired about a Franchi Affinity, the assistant put me off it and said the Armsan was a better gun. I thought this to be rather funny. I know nothing about these two guns only that there is a big difference in price. I own a Hatsan 5 year old and never had any problems with it, just fancied a change. All comments welcome.

I have a new Benelli super sport ( Costing the earth )

Guest cookoff013

The "buy one that fits" hardly applies to autos. Most come with 5 spacer inserts and drop adjuster.

So most autos fit the "majority" of all shooters.

Saying that I had a big pad put on the back of my benelli to increase lop. I've had to do that to all my guns.

Can't speak for the affinity but I have had an Armsan 612 for the past few months and haven't had a single jam after putting over 800 cartridges through it.

Very impressed and also the bore seems to keep really clean too one quick pass with the bore snake and its gleaming again

The "buy one that fits" hardly applies to autos. Most come with 5 spacer inserts and drop adjuster.

So most autos fit the "majority" of all shooters.

Saying that I had a big pad put on the back of my benelli to increase lop. I've had to do that to all my guns.

hello, i would suggest it applies to any shotgun be it a semi auto/O/U/S/S, both my semi and O/U fit 95% with out any alterations the S/S needed a 15 mm pad which i bought a leather slip.

Next door neighbour has an Armsan A620. He's on the second one, and has come to the end of his tether with it, and with the dealer he bought it from, and with the importers. It has never satisfactorily managed to reliably chamber a second cartridge. The best reliability rate he has seen is 3 failures out of 50. Which is very poor.

Anything made by Armsan is something to avoid at all costs in my humble opinion.

hello, that is not good to hear, if still under warranty has he not asked for a refund so he can find another semi but different make and more reliable for peace of mind, my armsan has been ok so far.