Everyday non locking pocket knife

wisdom

With the legal aspects of carrying a knife.I realise most of mine are locking including the leatherman wave which lives on my belt.I have a few Swiss army knives but they are a little bit sentimental and I wouldn't want to lose them.What do you folks recommend ideally 2 blades non locking and below the legal blade length.

Just as an every day knife.

With the legal aspects of carrying a knife.I realise most of mine are locking including the leatherman wave which lives on my belt. What do you folks recommend ideally 2 blades non locking and below the legal blade length.

Just as an every day knife.

Opinel for me, the small ones. With a non stainless blade they will eventually tarnish, but will sharpen to some incredible edge. They get a nice patina too!

Surely the Opinels are potentially illegal because the rotating neck ring makes them a locker even the small ones. Even if the blade is no more than 3" long and the knife can be locked the handle is taken as making the knife Illegal.

Surely the Opinels are potentially illegal because the rotating neck ring makes them a locker even the small ones. Even if the blade is no more than 3" long and the knife can be locked the handle is taken as making the knife Illegal.

Thata my thinking on the opinel.

I use one all the time but wouldn't risk it with the locking collar as my edc.

Petit doukdouk cost 14 quid from heinnie Haynes, legal, slim,lightweight, can sharpen on bottom of teacup or edge of car window, excellent every day carry.

Joker already mentioned makes a superb steak knife, and doesn't look out of place on table in decent restaurant.

Spyderco ukpk or urban are good, and have a choil for your trigger finger so that the blade can't fold, nice safety feature.

For a two blade edc, can get carbon steel stockman from case or Queen for not too much money, or really treat yourself and get a Northfield or gec from mikesknives or moonraker knives. Northfield come with 1095 steel blades, and will hold a hair whittling edge.