Where would you go and what would you do

Dawsie

Well, I'm in the same position. I've got a three day pass from next Sunday morning, the camper van is all packed and I can't decide where to go;

Option 1 - Marans for the mullet in the town centre canal and a bit of carp and / or predator fishing in the many drains around the area (it's like the East Anglian fens)

Option 2 - River Charente and tributaries for the barbel and river carp.

Option 3 - Atlantic coast for some bass spinning and a bit of rock fishing

Decisions, decisions................. :hmm:

Hi Dawsie.

I will be in a similar position next year but my birthday falls in June. My good lady has also indicated a weekend away to do something I would

like. I have suggested a day on a grouse moor not a driven day but a walked up day or a days woodcock & snipe shooting, so I am beginning to find out what is available in my area.

Whatever you do, enjoy and let us know how you get on.

For my 60th my wife paid for two days back to back (12th and 13th August) walked up Grouse and Ptarmigan shooting, both I had never shot before....fantastic, I have shot Grouse every year since then! Lol!......try it.......but beware.......it's addictive!

What a fantastic birthday present , what did you give your good lady for her 60th ( if she have reached it yet ? )

I packed up work for good on my 60th birthday , the best birthday present I could have wished for .

Come to my house..only £500 a night and you can do the cooking too if you like.

Personally I wouldn't exclude your wife... moreover make her part of your celebrations..60 is quite a milestone in your life.

Forego the shooting fishing for a weekend and have a minibreak in the Cotswolds.. Autumn is the ideal time to see it... base your self in Cirencester and visit Burford, Bibury & The Coln Valley, Bourton on the Water and the Slaughters. Finish with a shopping trip to regency Cheltenham. There are some fantastic pubs in the area.

Do this and you will always have a weekend pass. :yes:

You don't think the wife wants you out of the way do you ?? :whistling:

Edited by Adge Cutler

What a fantastic birthday present , what did you give your good lady for her 60th ( if she have reached it yet ? )

I packed up work for good on my 60th birthday , the best birthday present I could have wished for .

Amongst other things we went on a cruise!.....to Norway!.....neither of us really likes the hot climates!

Well I had a party for my 60th. Some of my old school friends attended as did a great many college friends and good friends I have made along the way. Just to shock some of the old fuddy duddies I had a disco which played some of the greatest hits of the sixties and seventies until the early hours.

One amusing story came out of it. My wife made some very strong vodka jellies of four different colours and flavours. When I say strong I mean I was tiddly trying just one out the previous evening. One of my great pals came up to me at the end of the evening and said that he had enjoyed the jellies greatly but it wasn't until his twelfth that he realised only the yellow ones had any vodka in them. That would be twelve double shots of vodka.

i always fancied pike fishing one of the big loughs on the Shannon so a few weeks ago a buddy of mine

and myself did just that, we had 6 days pike fishing on lough derg boat, guide, tackle and b&b all included,they picked us up and dropped

us off from Shannon airport.the fishing and craic was excellant