What small automatic car

billytheghillie

Honda Jazz , SWMBO had one and loved it. Great car for local runs, seats leave a bit to be desired on long runs though. Really reliable motor and the rear seat folding options are great. Stay away from Civic though, Daughter has one and hates the poor visibility in both front and rear.

Edited by Westley

Honda Jazz , SWMBO had one and loved it. Great car for local runs, seats leave a bit to be desired on long runs though. Really reliable motor and the rear seat folding options are great. Stay away from Civic though, Daughter has one and hates the poor visibility in both front and rear.

+1 cvt Honda jazz

The VW Polo 1.4 auto takes a bit of beating imo.

Great gearbox and reliability and a good looking car for the fair sex too.

What happened to the pole that comes out of the roof. :lol::lol:

'They' say the Honda Jazz is the most reliable, user-friendly vehicle on the road, don't 'they'?

Have a look at one of those.

Personally, the purlescent pink paintwork on some of them makes me want to barf, but 'they' must be right.

Used to drive a Alfa MITO for work which had the most dreadful visibility of any car I've driven. Whether it was just me, but the angle of the windscreen and back windows really annoyed me, and the thickness and angle of the pillars was totally off putting. I came close to a couple of bumps with various things as a result (but always drove very guardedly).

Good luck, let us know what you settle on.

LS

I like cvt transmission automatics, SWMBO had a 58 plate corsa before the hondas (shes on the second) and she hated the gbox on that, often going up a hill it would stay in first and would have to scream before it would change (same as 206 before the corsa)

​I told her not to get an automatic with an electronically controlled manual clutch and gbox they are awful to drive :sick: and told her to get a honda :D

+1 cvt Honda jazz

I'm on my second and can vouch for how good they are, make sure it is the CVT and not the quick/select shift or whatever. The road tax is reasonable, current one doing 46 mpg and they accommodate a 32" gun in the boot sideways :yes: which I know for a fact many a bigger category car won't.

What budget are you working to incidentally ?

The Vauxhall model with this set-up was the Meriva. Corsa had normal auto box.

Don't think I've driven a vauxhall with the auto manual gbox n clutch the corsa was normal auto.

I'm beginning to prefer autos with all the traffic que's about when commuting an auto is so much more relaxing

My wife has had two Corsas and loved them. First got stolen - only 10k on clock.

She never got on with the Meriva - auto box took a bit of getting used to. but the electric power assisted steering was on its way out. Fairly common fault - caused by drivers holding the wheel on full lock - and expensive to repair.

Surprisingly roomy and I enjoyed driving it. They seem to last very well.