Best boots

Farcombehall

Another one for Meindl. I've stopped buying wellies every other season and invested in expensive boots which will last years.

Me too, I bought the Meindl's from Bushwear last year and they are great.

There's free delivery and a 15% off voucher code available now for Black Friday weekend until Sunday night - BF2016 at checkout.

I just bought a pair of leather shooting gloves from them this afternoon.

Still have some Muck boots for if I'm really going to be paddling about but I rarely wear them now.

Edited by ChrisPCarter

I get through wellies like no business, living on a farm I just can't face putting laced boots on every time I go out.

I too use muckboots for general use, I like them

I can understand that entirely, and my last pair of wellies were muckboots. However from a shooting perspective, I'm just fed up with forking out not insignificant amounts of money almost every other season. I know two lads who do a lot of shooting who have owned their Meindls for 10 years.

I get through wellies like no business, living on a farm I just can't face putting laced boots on every time I go out.

I too use muckboots for general use, I like them

Middle of winter wellies and waterproofs is just easier, but once lambing comes round and I'm outside on my feet for longer periods at a time I bin the wellies and get back into boots... and I live in boots all spring/summer/autumn for all jobs.

Wellies are a hateful necessity sometimes though.

Middle of winter wellies and waterproofs is just easier, but once lambing comes round and I'm outside on my feet for longer periods at a time I bin the wellies and get back into boots... and I live in boots all spring/summer/autumn for all jobs.

Wellies are a hateful necessity sometimes though.

I'm still not lacing up boots doing ewe checks!

Another one for Meindl. I've stopped buying wellies every other season and invested in expensive boots which will last years.

I must admit I love my wellies.... however I bought a pair of of these and I think there even better!

Edited by Tedly47

Each to their own!

You could always wear pull on 'dealer' type boots? Or buy police/military type boots which have both a zip and laces. You set the laces how you like, then just use the zip to pull on/off

Why are you trying to sell me boots? I'm happy with slip on, slip off wellies.

I have had four pairs of wellies (two were Muck boots) in three years. I love them but they don't last. I probably need to get some boots but like Kyska can't stand the thought of having to do them up each time i am in or out. Or trying to get them off before getting back into the truck when they are covered in clay.

Out there some where must be a pair of well made boots that don't have the marketing price tag of Meindl.

As for zip off lace up boots :lol: they are never going to work.

Meindl are good but they won't last 3/4 years with a keeper or at least they won't last that long with this keeper 18 months max and there done the leather gives on the toe crease and they start to leak I do wear them everyday day though so they don't get time to dry or get treated that said grouse lads have far more time to mess around treating and drying their boots than us lowland keepers (lol)so maybe they can make them last.

I've always been a staunch wellies man, Aigle Parcours Iso2 are the best imho(and I've wasted money on the rest)......but as I get older I'm finding the lack of support in the ankle area, which ALL wellies suffer from, is becoming an issue especially when walking across rough ploughed fields/tractor ruts etc.

I've just invested in some Meindl Dovre Extreme's and early impressions are very good.

I honestly don't think there is a "do it all" boot and to cover all bases I'm happy with the Aigle's for standing water and the Meindl's for everything else with gaiters

Boot choice is directly relevant to intended use and the frequency thereof. Boots, no matter what you intend to use them for are consumable. When I worked on the hill boots would last 6 months the uppers being so worn resoling wasn't worthwhile. I could have bought better boots with better uppers but the economy of it didn't stack up for me.

Just bought a new pair of Meindl Bhutan's (I'm a gaiter guy so I prefer the shorter style over the highly popular drove-extremes favoured by the non gaiter guys) and as it's been 25 years since routinely making big daily asks of my footwear the pair of Meindl's these new one's are replacing I've had for 12 years, which are still serviceable but needing a resole.

It's the same for wellies, I buy better than muck boot wellies as they last me longer, than say my pal who trashes a pair of muck boots every 6 months as he's in them all day every day.

I find wearing gaiters saves me on worn laces walking through rough heather, daily use occasional use, high ankle or low ankle, gaiters or not, I can't see past Meindl in a hill/general outdoor boot. That said, IMO boots are a consumable so people will cut their cloth to suit their needs situation and pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've had Muck boots & found them ok, currently have a pair of Seeland Estate which I bought because they had vibram soles, they aren't very supportive though.

I got a pair of zip side Dirt Boots which looked ok, were comfortable, supportive and broad fitting, but absolute rubbich, the seams spilt after a couple of months. The supplier, Koala Products/Global Outdoors reluctantly replaced them & these too have gone, the supplier refuses to replace them.

The search for perfect wellies under £200 goes on