What's you newest purchase ?

Snoozer

This: I can't believe my luck - I didn't see the thread 'til this afternoon. look and weep:

That is one very nice looking piece of craftsmanship!! Lucky you to be the owner!!

xpost-49737-0-53916500-1475703085.jpg.pa

Got one very similar in my cabinet!

Mine was sleeved for my dad by Elderkins in Spalding many years ago and has only been shot perhaps 3 time since!

The stock timber is superb and its in great condition.

Think the 'makers' name on it is Newnham.

Be nice to know what its worth as s/s these days are, sadly, 10 a penny!!

Edited by masmiffy

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This: I can't believe my luck - I didn't see the thread 'til this afternoon. look and weep:

That is one very nice looking piece of craftsmanship!! Lucky you to be the owner!!

xpost-49737-0-53916500-1475703085.jpg.pa

Mine was sleeved for my dad by Elderkins in Spalding many years ago and has only been shot perhaps 3 time since!

Edited by masmiffy

Double post sorry chaps!!!

Eagerly awaiting the completion of a .260rem barrel which replaces my .22/250 sako 75's barrel. Was told mid-Feb so that'll be any day now hopefully.

Bought a pair of dies and a couple of other bits for it yesterday after waiting over a month for the same bits from elsewhere and plenty of empty promises - sure as hell won't be buying anything from those clowns again in a hurry - thanks to them, I'll have a rifle but no means of starting the load development process.

Eagerly awaiting the completion of a .260rem barrel which replaces my .22/250 sako 75's barrel. Was told mid-Feb so that'll be any day now hopefully.

Bought a pair of dies and a couple of other bits for it yesterday after waiting over a month for the same bits from elsewhere and plenty of empty promises - sure as hell won't be buying anything from those clowns again in a hurry - thanks to them, I'll have a rifle but no means of starting the load development process.

I'd be really interested on how you get with the .260, read many a magnificent things about them, high bc, slippy and great terminals.

I'd be really interested on how you get with the .260, read many a magnificent things about them, high bc, slippy and great terminals.

Well, the little I know so far is that my #3 action is a little on the short side and will restrict me slightly with bullet length (without losing much case volume) due to magazine length (despite sako using the same action for .260).

Apart from that, I can't wait to get out with it - I just hope I have a means of making ammunition up in time after that farce.

R8 Blaser in .308 professional with synthetic thumb hole stock with Atec mod.

I'll get a piccy up shortly.

Bought it new from Greenfields (from a nice bloke called Matt) after a less than satisfactory attempt to make a purchase from the Sportsman Gun shop; still, not to worry, it's not my gun shop or my source of income :lol:

Edited by Mungler