Game Fair 2017, Complimentary entry for all BASC members

David BASC

Well we weren't PLANNING to go, but now we will, possibly over a couple of days.

Stop moaning people; it's a really nice perk, and the BASC is known to negotiate these kind of things for the members. We'll dress up nicely and we'll even likely buy stuff. It's a bit of a share-alike; Seems the Game Fair wants the members of BASC showing up, and the BASC members (well, in this house) really like the idea of the Game Fair, so here goes!

The only little snatch is the 'text to this number' in the announcement. I'd LOVE to show my participation, but not at a premium text number, thanks :-)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lordy, Lordy..........there's no pleasing some folk eh!

Here is an offer of free entry to the game fair if you are a member of BASC.

How much simpler could this be - member of BASC, prove it, get in for free! Happy Days!

Do BASC organise the game fair? NO

Do BASC chose where the game fair is held? NO

Do BASC subsidise the game fair? NO

Do BASC profit from the game fair? NO

etc, etc, etc,

As for your above comments, id still like to see the game fair held centrally and will air air my views when i see fit its what this forum is about as you can air yours. The poster who asked was it subsidised by BASC had a valid point asking for confirmation and it was answered by David.

As for your above comments, id still like to see the game fair held centrally and will air air my views when i see fit its what this forum is about as you can air yours. The poster who asked was it subsidised by BASC had a valid point asking for confirmation and it was answered by David.

Whereas I take your point, even if held centrally, year after year the same people will have to travel a fair distance - the locals not so. As I simply don't know, is the site to remain permanent or will the Fair rotate around the country as previously so that most - I appreciate not all - will get a fair crack of the whip? Obviously, this is a business and one which was previously failing so I can also appreciate that its location is better sited where it can have the greatest number of attendees.

It could just be that the Trade in general realise that shooting is under threat and BASC is our best hope of protecting it ! So giving free admission to members may just encourage more people to join said Org ,thus strengthening the voice .

A good gesture whatever the background and should be applauded.

I would imagine good business sense, it's all down to footfall to attract exhibitors who will then be able to justify the site costs.

As for your above comments, id still like to see the game fair held centrally and will air air my views when i see fit its what this forum is about as you can air yours.

Where approximately would you consider 'centrally'? I'm interested because I suspect a lot of us think of 'central' as maybe somewhere to the northeast of Birmingham in the 'Midlands'?

I have travelled to the game fair many times over the last 40 years - as far south as Broadlands (Hampshire) - west as South Wales (can't remember exact location, but near Newport), as far east as Bedfordshire, and to Chatsworth and Harewood in the north. I'd certainly be prepared to travel and one of the major issues with the Game Fair over the years has been traffic access. I'm very fortunate in that Ragley is quite local. I don't regard any of these as being particularly 'remote' - Scotland is a long way and I have never been to a Game Fair there (though I have visited at least annually for the last 30 years - and they do have their own Game Fair). The 'free ticket' offer is certainly an incentive to go in 2017 and I welcome it.

Hmm, central? :hmm:

Well, about 1 in 5 or 6 of the population of UK live in or near London. Plus the site's not too far from the M25 and has good rail links to London and, therefore, a lot of other places.

So, arguably not geographically central but certainly handy to a large number of people.

If I was going I'd be pleased to have free admission (which is what puts me off a lot of such events) and to be able not to have to drive and park then walk miles and wait hours to get out again.

I'll try not to complain next year when it's held oop north and therefore difficult/expensive for me to access.

It's a good offer from BASC, and, as I'm a member, is beneficial to me. However, it's a 364 mile round trip for me in my vehicle. Even having someone travel with me, and share the fuel costs, is still expensive, let alone tiring.

I've tried in the past to organise mini bus trips to various game fairs/ events, with very little or no interest.

I'm going to the British Shooting show next February, so that will be enough for me. I've boycotted the Welsh 'game fair' (Joke!) for the past few years, as it's pathetic.

John - The Game Fair is keen to know if you’ll be attending. Register your interest and learn how to bring a guest by texting BASC to 82055

I might have missed it somewhere in the above posts but will there be , or is there any reduction for the wife ( who is not a member ) ? THANKS

I might have missed it somewhere in the above posts but will there be , or is there any reduction for the wife ( who is not a member ) ? THANKS

I understand that you can purchase guest tickets for £20 in advance and £27 on the gate. If you're going for more than one day it might be worth taking out joint BASC membership at £126.

Lordy, Lordy..........there's no pleasing some folk eh!

Here is an offer of free entry to the game fair if you are a member of BASC.

How much simpler could this be - member of BASC, prove it, get in for free! Happy Days!

Do BASC organise the game fair? NO

Do BASC chose where the game fair is held? NO

Do BASC subsidise the game fair? NO

Do BASC profit from the game fair? NO

etc, etc, etc,

well said, some just like moaning

I will be going and will have to travel, but as its free to get in i will get a hotel for the weekend and make the most of it

The only little snatch is the 'text to this number' in the announcement. I'd LOVE to show my participation, but not at a premium text number, thanks :-)

We've asked the question and been told by The Game Fair - "The text facility is charged to National Game Fair Ltd and the cost is picked up by us. The purpose of this registration is to primarily act as a guide for uptake of the offer."

For those that are saying good for BASC the offer is not from BASC. It is the Game Fair who are offering the free entry for BASC members.

Well done to the Game Fair for recognising the BASC members are the market demographic that traders at the show are targeting so to get more footfall of that nature through the gates is worthwhile. It is shrewd marketing by the Game Fair to get the punters who might buy into the fair for free and they are likely to spend their cash with the traders.