Berlin

ShootingEgg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through a Xmas market in York the other day-very busy with folks shopping.

I did consider the effects of a potential attack in what was a very pleasurable place to spend some family time.

I am disgusted.

sad really, as I lived in London through the IRA attacks of the late 80/90's-actually hearing the 'boom' of the Mill Hill bomb and the Canary wharf attack and seeing the close up devastation.

all it takes, is one crappy car to plough through the crowd driven by one motivated induvidual-sadly this could be on home ground as soon as tomorrow.

My sympathies are offered to those involved who have suffered-my absolute heart felt sympathies at your loss a week before Christmas.

However, for the perpetrators-I despise you and everything you stand for.

May your God abandon you and all you seem fit to act for.

f.

Edited by Fuddster

The driver is reported to be either an Afghan or Pakistani asylum seeker according to the Germany news agency DPA.

In the Metro it mentions that the lorry was most likely hijacked from a Polish haulage company on it's way to Berlin. The company lost track of the vehicle around 4pm yesterday. The cousin of the company owner was driving at the time.

Edited by Penelope

Absolutely shocking at any time of the year, even more so a few days before Christmas. May those people killed rest in peace and the injured have a speedy recovery, Heart felt sympathies for the families of the dead.

As stated above the driver was of Afghan or Pakistani origin who entered Germany in February as a migrant/refugee, a Polish man was also found dead in the lorries cab. No information on the news re his details.

We have friends in Germany and have always found German people to be very friendly, accommodating and hospitable. Following the crimes that were committed at new year 2016 I for one am expecting a backlash. Unfortunately I fear many innocent migrants will suffer.

Sad times.

Interesting to see the utter outrage around a week ago when Northumbria Police put a pair of overtly armed cops at a Christmas market in Newcastle. Looks like they weren't so stupid after all and they had some sort of intel/information to support that kind of overt display.

All the people saying how disgusting it was and that armed police are not needed have certainly stfu in the facebook thread I was following. They're actually deleting posts.

I'm glad I've left it all behind, it's a thankless job.

Free movement of people around the eu.the cornerstone of Europe.and the headstone of many others.

Free movement does not have to mean totally unregulated and undocumented movement of people. I have a free travelpass because I am over 60 but I still have to swipe in and out every time I go through a station or get on a bus. The same principle should apply to passports within the EU.

Remember a lot of these people were never properly checked in when they arrived on the borders so allowing them now to roam at will is madness.