Buying Christmas presents.

lopylui

Just a bit of a whine but dosent it baffle you when someone buys there young'en say 3 presents at a few hundred quid each and go on to complain they haven't got enough. In this case they went out and spent another couple of hundred on one more gift! Surely if theres "not enough" you would pick up cheapish stocking fillers? Its made worse as said offenders are forever complaining about cost.

Im not wanting to come accross as a c... But I cant understand the thinking. Maybe its just times a changing?

Everyone's happy to have the latest iPhone, go travelling is currently big and have new cars on finance and go out every weekend (or even during the week as well) spending loads of food and drink! Then complain how expensive everything is and how unfair it all is.

The people who I've personally seen as the worst for it are often the lowest paid ones as well, very odd.

But there you go, you know what they say about a fool and his money?

We talked about this or similar at work the other day,i partially retired at 50 and am retiring fully in Oct 17 when im 55, i only work 16hrs a week at the mo.Young lad said to me how i can do this, my reply was pensions mate and investments.He then told me he had no pensions and had no intention of starting a pension as he said he couldn't afford it.However he does have the latest iPhone that cost him near £60 per mth. Probably has one of thsoe monster tellys in a very small room and paying £60 a month to sky/virgin to watch repeats.But he cant afford to invest lol.

Edited by Davyo

This year Chris had less than £100 spent on him, a UPS, socks, slippers, watch and a few nicknaks.

Similar with our 3, they will be just as happy with what they get as other children and I bet you spend more quality time with Chris than most and that's what they remember not what they get when they look back.

I was once told that this country is about ten years behind America in certain things, think about credit and finance, for years Americans think nothing of buying cars on the never never and paying with there must have credit cards.... unfortunately we are going the same way....

I do have a credit card which I only use when......... I go to America😁

Right got to get back to wrapping the kids presents😁

Right got to get back to wrapping the kids presents😁

My kids get presents , along with my mam and dad and grandfather,

My cousins and siblings kids get a present , that's it

Xmas presents are for kids,

Time with the tribe is what it's all about,

If people want to keep up with the joneses, that's up to them if they can afford it,

I can, but don't, I don't believe in the sky fairies,or consumerism

But I believe that kids should be innocent and believe in our traditions,

Money has nowt to do with it, and as soon as my two realise that Father Christmas don't exist,

They will know that it's all about time with our friends and loved ones that matters

Presents come second, but kids want presents!!

It's part of being a kid at xmas

Flynny

Edited by flynny

I don't have any kids so it's not an issue for me.

I'll buy my parents a bit of something, nothing too special, it's not like they really need anything. In fact I know my father will say I shouldn't have bothered. My mother would be happy with just a Christmas card as long as it has a nice verse. But I've bought her a fun little present I'm sure she will love. Plus some of my home made sloe gin.

One Christmas I said to ,my late wife we won't buy each other Crimbo presents ,ok was the reply ,so i did not buy any thing .come Christmas Day , we opened my family presents , then my wife gave me two presents , but nothing for her ,felt guilty for not buying ,still to this day I will not understand women's logic .

One Christmas I said to ,my late wife we won't buy each other Crimbo presents ,ok was the reply ,so i did not buy any thing .come Christmas Day , we opened my family presents , then my wife gave me two presents , but nothing for her ,felt guilty for not buying ,still to this day I will not understand women's logic .

They do it on purpose just incase they're ever losing an argument!

About £100 each on the two sons 11 & 17,thanfully they dont play with electronic **** like xboxes and nerdy stuff..Both asked for bits of fishing kit,lures and stuff.Im happy with a Toblorone,my wife gets the dearest treat Tom Ford perfume.My boys never ask for much as they get plenty throughout the year.If it where up to me i wouldnt even get the tree out.Popped into ASDA today for a loaf,and laughed at all the idiots filling trollies to the brim like the appocalips was comming.Bloody shops only shut for 2 days.Ahhhhh ba humbug.

Edited by Davyo