Motorway drama

Wiggum

I was on my way to work this morning and had just pulled off the slip road into lane 1 when the traffic ground to a halt in front of me, nothing new with that as it's a daily occurrence until 5 seconds later a HGV tried parking in my boot shunting me forward into the car in front. I've now been sat in A&E for 3hrs waiting to get my back/neck pain check but don't think it's serious. On the plus side may treat myself to a new addition to the cabinet if I'm lucky enough to get any compo.

42126D01-CAF5-4ACC-A92C-344E505DAD0D.jpg

Yep! The boys usually have there cutters out before you can blink even if thee car was empty, they must be slipping up. Not a nice experience at all and pleased you only have whiplash. Thoughts about similar recently where driver sent to jail for crushing that young mother and her child to death in a very similar situation. Lorry driver probably watching TV or a film.

That looks to be a fair shunt - not just a junior bump. Glad you are okay.

Surprised the fire brigade did'nt take the opportunity to practice car roof removal

I got hit by a 4 x 4 in 2010. My door was jammed and I took a fair whack, but told Fire Brigade I could get out the other side. Paramedics gripped my head and wouldn't let go, whilst Fire Brigade cut off the door. It was nearly new and I said it wasn't necessary, to no avail.

Big bang and off came the door, whilst the airbag exploded. Everybody happy except me.

I have heard some stories of Merseyside police having there patrol car roofs removed by fire service , I'm told they have been first at seen after an rtc , putting the casualty into there police cars , ambulance turns up and assess the casualty in the police car , casualty complaining of stiff neck / back pain and reqs spine board , nobody willing to put there nads on the line to say move incase of further injury and fire brigade get to have a bit of fun with tin opener cutting the lid off a perfectly serviceable police car .

Glad to read that you're relatively unscathed

By the time you see your compensation for personal injury there will lots of new models to choose from :good:

Luckily it's a company car so it's all being taken care of by the lease company and they've already delivered a new Volvo XC60 to my house for me to use until the decision is made on if they will write the Vauxhall off (the boot floor is buckled up). I'm just glad the HGV wasn't going any faster and that the wife and two kids weren't in the car with me. I still can't understand how he didn't notice 3 lanes of standing traffic 🤔

And that's what's wrong with the culture of the UK these days.£££££££

The solicitors have already been in contact tipped off by our insurance company, I'm not gonna lose any sleep about putting a claim in I'm just glad I wasn't severely injured or killed.

The solicitors have already been in contact tipped off by our insurance company, I'm not gonna lose any sleep about putting a claim in I'm just glad I wasn't severely injured or killed.

Quite right too. I had a similar accident in September last year, I've had months of phone calls from accident claim companies and they've only recently started to dwindle to one a day lol! I was getting 6 or 7 a day for the first couple months, it's like your details get sold on.

ATB

If you've got genuinely pain and suffering why shouldn't you have compensation?

That's what we pay insurance for! Some would rather the insurance companies continue to make Billions whilst the regular man suffers on after the negligence of others.

Obviously very pleased nobody seriously hurt and I'm not suggesting your making a fraudulent claim, I just hate the compensation culture in this country, anyway glad you all walked away and hope your injury is mended soon.