Asking for directions

Donegalcharlie

A man stopped his car beside me this evening and put down the window and said "sorry to bother you but how do you get to ballamena from here" I just said well my brother usually takes me... Just stared at me blankly and said oh right that will do and headed off more than likely thinking that chaps a nutter! Couldn't help it plus I did some laughing

You cruel man, you!

A friend of mine was cycling down a hill in Oxford, coming back from lectures. Someone opened a can door and completely wiped him out. The chap was so apologetic, offered to take Dave to the hospital, but he reckoned he was alright. So instead, the van driver picked him up off the road, dusted him down - then proceeded to ask for directions! Cheeky beggar.

You cruel man, you!

A friend of mine was cycling down a hill in Oxford, coming back from lectures. Someone opened a can door and completely wiped him out. The chap was so apologetic, offered to take Dave to the hospital, but he reckoned he was alright. So instead, the van driver picked him up off the road, dusted him down - then proceeded to ask for directions! Cheeky beggar.

Brings new meaning to stopping for directions,bit extreme to knock someone off their bike :hmm:

A man stopped his car beside me this evening and put down the window and said "sorry to bother you but how do you get to ballamena from here" I just said well my brother usually takes me... Just stared at me blankly and said oh right that will do and headed off more than likely thinking that chaps a nutter! Couldn't help it plus I did some laughing

Did he not ask if your brother could take him?? :lol:

(Donegal is a very beautiful place, apparently it was mentioned in a report about the Laurentic on rte1 and bbc1 tonight!)

Edited by silver pigeon69

Did he not ask if your brother could take him?? :lol:

(Donegal is a very beautiful place, apparently it was mentioned in a report about the Laurentic on rte1 and bbc1 tonight!)

I did some laughing at that lad 😂

It is a nice place I love no where near it. It's a good 35 mile away lol nor am I called Charlie either 😂

Trying to find my way around Cork heading for Dublin I asked a man for directions he said ...... It's terrible to be lost when you know where your going.

I did some laughing at that lad

It is a nice place I love no where near it. It's a good 35 mile away lol nor am I called Charlie either

Thats obvious. if you were from Donegal you would have used the "F" word about 20 times in your sentence! Last time i was there, the skipper was telling us a story and used the xxxx word so may times in a row he forgot what he was talking about!!

I laughed out loud when I read that. I told my mrs (who's Irish) and she couldn't see anything wrong with it or why i was laughing. :lol:

Trying to find my way around Cork heading for Dublin I asked a man for directions he said ...... It's terrible to be lost when you know where your going.

Now that I have heard an auld boy say before makes it no less interesting some of the auld hands you meet an the yarns they tell is class! Ye canny beat a bitta craic an a good laugh!

I hate it when I am out with the dog and someone asks me the way at that point my brain goes dead and although I can remember the the place that that they want to go quite where it is I cannot remember or I may think yes it is up the road and turn right only as soon as they drive off I remember that I have sent them the wrong way so I hope that I can get home before they find out.

But the old saying if you want to get there I would not start from here is not always wrong as it is to complicated to get there from here this may sound daft but if you do not now the area it can be quicker to go several miles in the opposite direction where there is a more direct road to the place that they want to get to.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Now your ******* talking :lol:

Yes as you probably are aware it is the 100th anniversary this month of the sinking of the SS Laurentic. There was a photo of the Crew and survivors having dinner and being entertained in the Guildhall in Derry/Londonderry in 1907 and they reenacted that the other evening with many relatives of the victims attending the event. The Victim's of the sinking are buried in two graveyards only a couple of miles from me.

I thought Frank Carson died in 2012, it seems he is alive and well in The Sperrin's :lol:

Now your ******* talking :lol:

Yes as you probably are aware it is the 100th anniversary this month of the sinking of the SS Laurentic. There was a photo of the Crew and survivors having dinner and being entertained in the Guildhall in Derry/Londonderry in 1907 and they reenacted that the other evening with many relatives of the victims attending the event. The Victim's of the sinking are buried in two graveyards only a couple of miles from me.

I thought Frank Carson died in 2012, it seems he is alive and well in The Sperrin's :lol:

Franks alive and well supping Guinness in the sperrins lol

That did make me bust out laughing 😂

Edited by Donegalcharlie