6 nations

bumpy22

Really good watchable game. It could have gone either way. The Welsh were disappointed by the result but can take comfort from the way that they played and the movement on the try under the posts was world class. Someone has to loose unfortunately. I wonder what the French will do tomorrow. Let's hope for a superb fast moving game. I hope that Italy regroup and play hard to achieve something from the tournament. They really need someone to instill some discipline, organisation and guts into their play and mindset.

Edited by fortune

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And rumour has it that Nicola Sturgeon is a reincarnation of Bonnie Prince Charlie...........returned for another chance to route the Auld enemy!.........Well in the nationalists minds anyway! Lol!

Why bring that little miss merkil into this thread ?? lets keep it to the topic

Who was the best team on the day?? As a neutral I it was difficult to see who it was, to say that it was England because they won is not fair (imo) both teams slogged it out both teams missed opportunity's and both teams took there chances some paid off some didn't at the end of the day England took a great opportunity and it paid of so yes they won the game. England are a very good team and have showed resilience right up to the final whistle in previous matches and under Eddie Jones have done exipitionaly well. Can residents from the commonwealth still be Knighted?? if so he should be on a short list.

Lets wait for the result from Paris, Scotland have to win but like today it will be brutal.

Edited by big bad lindz

Does that indicate that you will be cheering on the French rather than the other shade of blue?

I (almost) feel bad doing it, but as Scotland always cheer on anyone who is playing England, I must repay the compliment.

Surely Allon y les Bleus or Allez les Bleus?

My only other phrase, "La plume de ma tante" didn't seem appropriate. You get my drift though.

Edited by walshie

I (almost) feel bad doing it, but as Scotland always cheer on anyone who is playing England, I must repay the compliment.

My only other phrase, "La plume de ma tante" didn't seem appropriate. You get my drift though.

It's not just the Scottish that do it.............the Welsh do it to, and the Irish, and the French, and the aussies, and.....................pattern emerging here;-)

Really good watchable game. It could have gone either way. The Welsh were disappointed by the result but can take comfort from the way that they played and the movement on the try under the posts was world class. Someone has to loose unfortunately. I wonder what the French will do tomorrow. Let's hope for a superb fast moving game. I hope that Italy regroup and play hard to achieve something from the tournament. They really need someone to instill some discipline, organisation and guts into their play and mindset.

I don't think its that - throughout the game with Ireland (I didn't see the Welsh game last week) they always looked a step behind. Not sure if its fitness, or the fact that they don't have many players who are with leading British/French clubs, but until they can sort that, there isn't much they can do as faster, more cohesive teams will have one hell of an advantage over them.

I also think that a lot of it is in the mindset and temperament. How many times has someone got to be told not to infringe and give away stupid penalties. Like anything,at he top level you have got to compete from the first minute to the last and keep focused on the job in hand and not switch out.

Let's hope for a spectacular game this afternoon. And up the blues.

Edited by fortune

Excellent game and props to both sides.

Lot of injuries for Scotland but dont think it really impacted too much on the result but will never know.

Brutally physical and the French have a great attitude just now and if this squad keeps together they could be some team in a year or two.

Pretty sure their transition really just started with the Autumn internationals which shows how much potential there is.

Well as I said the rugby did the talking.

Great game of rugger, both sides gave 110%, but Scotlands penalty kicks certainly let them down.

I dont think their penalty kicks certainly let them down.Kicking from hand was fine and the only miss i can remember was Hoggs miss from his own half?