6 nations

bumpy22

I dont think their penalty kicks certainly let them down.Kicking from hand was fine and the only miss i can remember was Hoggs miss from his own half?

I agree. It was France's complete domination at the scrum that defined the game. Scrum penalties turned into penalties and the pressure was always on. It's affecting Scotland's ability to really compete for the 6 Nations title. It's just too much of an obvious weakness

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It was France's complete domination at the scrum that defined the game. Scrum penalties turned into penalties and the pressure was always on. It's affecting Scotland's ability to really compete for the 6 Nations title. It's just too much of an obvious weakness

Absolutely.

Considering we were annihilated at the scrum it was a decent result.

Other nations will know pretty much from the first scrum if they have an advantage so will make this a major area every game.

I said previously it was going to be tight and it was, but what a good game almost no quarter given by any side, as expected some big hard hits and some unfortunate injury's for Scotland.

Both sides needed the win but France were dominate and Scotland could not do to much against the French scrum. When are we going to see the referees & the IRU board sort out the put into the scrum. An 8 man push with the ball put in behind your front row is always going to come out on top of the opposing scrum, its to much like a rugby league scrum. Anyway well done France, a couple of weeks for all the teams to recover and it will all start again. I think England are now the firm favourites. I think that both the Scotland & Ireland matches against England will also be very tight and also go down to the last 10 minutes of the game. Bring it on some good rugby ahead.

Oh dear, not so good. :no: scotland have got to get dug in or they will be down the bottom with Italy. next fixture is Wales at home and then England away with the last match Italy at home. Italy like coming last because they get a nice wooden spoon to stir the pasta with. :lol:. I wonder how much England will crush scotland by.

Quite a lot judging by that performance.

I don't think so. Going by last weeks result against France and the way England played I think Scotland will give England a run for their money. They did not really shine to much yesterday and in some opinion on here were not the best team on the field. (lol)

Yes France probably played todays match with a different game plan and mind set than they did against England last week and I do think that Scotland need to take heed of their scrum performance or lack of it. You cant fault the performance of Scotlands back 5 in the loose play some very big hitters IMO I think Straus played a great game and really put his body on the line a good few times and its a pity about the injury's.

And the fact that their scrum and rolling maul both got trounced by the French. The Scots look weak and undergunned in comparison. Whereas the English can match that power and win. I don't think the Scots are going to upset much at the moment, except maybe their supporters :lol:

Edited by mick miller

Bruising game - something I feared after seeing the French play last weekend.

2 week rest now before the Welsh visit. It will be a different test against them and I feel should play more to Scotland's strengths.

Let's be honest about the England game... we have not beaten England at Twickers since 1983. If we can keep it to less than 7 and get the losing bonus point it will be a result for us.

We are by no means the finished article yet - still 2-4 years away from that IMO. I'm disappointed with aspects of today, but on the whole pleased with our steel. Defeat is still defeat, but there is much more positives to take these days, compared to 6 years ago.

It wont cause much delight in scotland if the England and Wales games derate scotlands players down to the point that Italy beat them. I wonder if Krankie and Salmon will turn out to urge the troops on to victory? Princesss Anne turned out in support.

Princess Anne is the Royal Patron to Scottish Rugby and very passionate about the game, she attends most matches sometimes not in an official royal capacity. Her son did play for Scotland under 21`s a few years ago but I don't think he continued to play.

As for krankie & salmon I cant remember them ever being highlighted on TV as attending a Scottish rugby match and I hope that the SRU wont start giving them invites.

Its not for the want of trying that Scotland have been getting pipped at the post in some past matches. The true rugby supporters of all of the six nation teams already support with passion we don't need or want plastic celeb supporters let alone wannabe kings and queens

Anyone fancy England for the Grand Slam?

We have a lot of players out injured and still have an excellent bench.

Ireland away will be very very tough.

I've watched England live at Twickenham and Cardiff against two excellent sides and I'm confident of back to back slams.

I think they will come unstuck in Dublin. The Irish will rise their game to prevent an English Grand Slam. I think England have a stronger backbone than previously but would have money on Ireland pipping them. As for the championship, will come down to bonus points. We need to fill our boots against Italy.

I think they will come unstuck in Dublin. The Irish will rise their game to prevent an English Grand Slam. I think England have a stronger backbone than previously but would have money on Ireland pipping them. As for the championship, will come down to bonus points. We need to fill our boots against Italy.

I'm not so sure. England should have at least one - possibly two - Vunipolas back and Anthony Watson. With a not far off full strength squad, I think we can take the Irish, even if we are playing in Dublin. Ireland have two tough games before that, which will be bruising encounters, whereas England take on a hapless Italy and then a talented but lightweight Scotland. If England go in with 4 wins and a potential world record of straight (Tier 1) victories up for grabs, I'm betting they're going to have just that bit extra to hit them with.