6 nations

bumpy22

The recent absurdity of Wales vs England has just got too much for me and has killed any enjoyment I used to feel. I now no longer care about it other than it being a stepping stone to the title. Win it and move on.

I agree with you highlandladdie; Scotland are weak where France is strong, they need to avoid scrums at all costs, get quick ball at the breakdown and make it a running game. Anything else and sadly I favour the French. The more open it is, the more Scotland can got those dangerous backs on the rampage.

Ireland to get a comfortable BP win once Italy fade in the last 20, as is their tradition

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The recent absurdity of Wales vs England has just got too much for me and has killed any enjoyment I used to feel. I now no longer care about it other than it being a stepping stone to the title. Win it and move on.

I agree with you highlandladdie; Scotland are weak where France is strong, they need to avoid scrums at all costs, get quick ball at the breakdown and make it a running game. Anything else and sadly I favour the French. The more open it is, the more Scotland can got those dangerous backs on the rampage.

Ireland to get a comfortable BP win once Italy fade in the last 20, as is their tradition

Aye, it's gotten out of hand but I think that's more to do with how in previous years it would have decided the championship. I don't believe it will this time. Used to be the Welsh flair against the pragmatism of the English, but tbh Wales have been.......... Erm..... How do I say this.... Boring and predictable.

Oh God, no scrums for Scotland please! I see Cotter has gone for the same starting front row. There may be trouble ahead!

I don't think the win for Ireland is in doubt, but the BP is crucial for them. Wales dropped the ball there, could hurry them position wise in the end.

Scotland make 1 change for the France game with Barclay starting.

I think I would have brought Ford in, too, to give more experience in the front row.

Very hard to believe it will be Hogg's 50th cap, at the ripe age of just 24...

Barclay was good when he came on, he is quite abrasive,which is good. But can be a bit of a penalty machine.

I'd have said the same, get Ford in there. He played a blinder last week.

Barclay was good when he came on, he is quite abrasive,which is good. But can be a bit of a penalty machine.

I'd have said the same, get Ford in there. He played a blinder last week.

True but Barclay made a big difference when he came on.

It's maybe because I'm an Edinburgh fan (watching their exciting game against Ulster as we speak) but I rate Ford and i think he has really stepped up his form the last 2 or 3 seasons.

We really need some experience in that scrum for Sunday - the heaviest pack against the lightest (in the 6N), with 50kg the difference. It will be a long day if we get sucked into a forwards game.

Time for Italy to get punted and blood some other nation.

They have had long enough and have just started another transition but surely they should be better on the big stage by now.

Take Parisse,who is World class out of that team and they are all pretty mediocre.

Think I'd have to agree with that really.

Time for Italy to get punted and blood some other nation.

They have had long enough and have just started another transition but surely they should be better on the big stage by now.

Take Parisse,who is World class out of that team and they are all pretty mediocre.

Perhaps it would be better just going back to the 5 nations. Losing every game can't be fun for them and beating them is pretty meaningless.

Perhaps it would be better just going back to the 5 nations. Losing every game can't be fun for them and beating them is pretty meaningless.

Could be but imo it would be good to give another nation the chance to make a gig of it.Georgia and Portugal have made great strides and at least they would get quite a good pot of funding to improve.

Not saying they wouldnt end up the same as Italy but the chance would be there.

Just think that Italy have had their time and made no real head way.

Wow, as a neutral that was a tough match but as I am sure other people will say Wales kicked the game away not clearing there line into touch and giving the ball into England's hands. Giving England a line out may have produced a different result. But hay-ho that's the nature of the game.

Good defence from both teams but I don't know how many turn around ball England gave away and I noticed that like last week England were not playing to the whistle when they thought an infringement had occurred in and around the tight play and were looking for the ref to blow up, you don't stop playing until he does.

But well played England. Bring on the clash of the blues tomorrow, the royal blue Scotland have it all to play for and need the win.

Yes it was a good game that Wales should have won on three different accessions bad kick from Wales lost the game England didn't win it Wales lost it

Wales DID lose yes. :lol::lol: Because England won....again.

Jeez can't anyone ever give England credit for actually being the better team on the day? We beat Wales in the 6 nations for the 4th year on the trot.

Yes it was a good game that Wales should have won on three different accessions bad kick from Wales lost the game England didn't win it Wales lost it

Theres always one ......... you overlooking the 5 points (at least) that England didnt put on the board. Taking nothing away from the welsh who were a very tough opponent today

And rumour has it that Nicola Sturgeon is a reincarnation of Bonnie Prince Charlie...........returned for another chance to route the Auld enemy!.........Well in the nationalists minds anyway! Lol!

Never mind, you can put England to the cosh yourself on 11th March (or try to) instead of hoping other teams do what your team can't.