Stag do

team tractor

We're apparently going stag hunting in Somerset for my stag do. I think that means we are actually going to have a day following the stag hounds and getting bladdered in the back of a pickup and then having a night in a pub down there. As a groom and recipient of the stag do I don't want a stripper and all that usual lads lads lads rubbish because even though I'm not 30 yet I've been borderline old man for a long bloody time! I have no objection to having a skinful and a good time and a worthwhile hangover however!

Funnily enough I saw an article which said 80% of people hated a loud, drunken stag do but didn't want to look like a loser by commplaining. Most would prefer to get together with friends and catch up with stuff over a moderate amount to drink!

Dunno, in my case I had been very ill so was off booze for six months when I got married!

David.

Newcastle is a wicked night out and has a very good adventure activity place a few miles out with by far the best quad biking I have ever done. We used a company called chillisauce it was £160 a person which included 2 nights hotel (decent 3*) the activity day we did quad biking and clay pigeon, and a bar crawl thing with couple of free drinks included.

Lads I need some help. My mate has asked me to be his best man .

I need stag do ideas please.

He said about a quad adventure? We are based in Tamworth.

We need to keep it cheap as the lads are already moaning but I can't let my mate down .

I think this is the most important thing,

This is a good idea

"Funnily enough I saw an article which said 80% of people hated a loud, drunken stag do but didn't want to look like a loser by commplaining. Most would prefer to get together with friends and catch up with stuff over a moderate amount to drink!"

The suggestions of £200 here and £160 there don't come across as cheap as none of them include the drinks (couple of drinks don't count)

How old is your mate and the people involved....this could be crucial ;)

:shaun:

Some lads are moaning at £100 now so I think that's the limit

I think this is the most important thing,

This is a good idea

"Funnily enough I saw an article which said 80% of people hated a loud, drunken stag do but didn't want to look like a loser by commplaining. Most would prefer to get together with friends and catch up with stuff over a moderate amount to drink!"

The suggestions of £200 here and £160 there don't come across as cheap as none of them include the drinks (couple of drinks don't count)

How old is your mate and the people involved....this could be crucial ;)

:shaun:

30 years old and they want drinks after .

Sounds tricky, I organised Prague for my brother everyone said it was dirt cheap but it was anything but, hassle getting there the cheap bars you didn't want to drink in, wound up costing me a fortune.

I know its not near you but the real ale trail between Manchester and Leeds is really popular anything like that near you, we did it after a rugby festival and its all anyone has talked about since.

Mice!

A good meal Indean or Italian, £30 a head then a few beers.

I would avoid the town centres nowadays, find a nice local somewhere.

That last thing you want is the night to end up in a punch up and trouble from plod.

Obviously quad in the afternoon.

Edited by Dougy

Sounds tricky, I organised Prague for my brother everyone said it was dirt cheap but it was anything but, hassle getting there the cheap bars you didn't want to drink in, wound up costing me a fortune.

I know its not near you but the real ale trail between Manchester and Leeds is really popular anything like that near you, we did it after a rugby festival and its all anyone has talked about since.

Mice!

£30 is tight for an Indian with all. Couple of king cobras throw in...... £100 for a day £300 overnight with travel would be my guide. A lot of things won't have stag or hen dos or ramp up the prices. Depends on the group did a sedate day in Bristol for a mates 2 years ago off road buggy racing Saturday morning was £40 ish each then into town for meal and beers.

Others (few years ago) have been big weekends away involving flights hotels and foreign currency.....

Look at National paintball fields at Sutton Coalfield near you couple of hours paint balling be about 35/45 quid Nath ,there,s a pub at the entrance and its not far ,suss out a mini bus to take you all then back to Tamworth for a ruby and a few bevies .Probably get it down to about £60 a head if your buy your own drinks apart from the would be groom if you all chuck a fiver in the hat to get him happy and bewildered atb n good luck

Edited by clakk

Look at National paintball fields at Sutton Coalfield near you couple of hours paint balling be about 35/45 quid Nath ,there,s a pub at the entrance and its not far ,suss out a mini bus to take you all then back to Tamworth for a ruby and a few bevies .Probably get it down to about £60 a head if your buy your own drinks apart from the would be groom if you all chuck a fiver in the hat to get him happy and bewildered atb n good luck

You mean bassetts pole ;)

It's always an option and 5 miles away but I think most of us have done that one. Always a back up plan tho :)

Theirs munty in those woods ;)

Lads I need some help. My mate has asked me to be his best man .

I need stag do ideas please.

He said about a quad adventure? We are based in Tamworth.

We need to keep it cheap as the lads are already moaning but I can't let my mate down .

Have a look at Adrenaline Jungle nr Bilsthorpe N.Notts ,they do a cracking £25 deal on paintball,or airsoft /lazer tag.

They also have quads ,set in a nice area of Sherwood Forest.

White Post pub just down the road for cheap but excellent food,then back over your way for the boozy bit.

Saves on accomodation and the inevitable 'lost weekend'