First time festival goer!

Passionforangling

As I approach the big six o, I've decided to experience a music festival. Have booked the camping option at the Cornbury Festival in Oxfordshire in early July. It looks like it's going to be a great three/four days and I'm really looking forward to it.

I wondered if any more experienced festival attendees would have any advice that would be useful? The wife has already made sure we've upgraded to the VIP toilet package!

As I approach the big six o, I've decided to experience a music festival. Have booked the camping option at the Cornbury Festival in Oxfordshire in early July. It looks like it's going to be a great three/four days and I'm really looking forward to it.

I wondered if any more experienced festival attendees would have any advice that would be useful? The wife has already made sure we've upgraded to the VIP toilet package!

I work for the firm that supplies the power and ancillarys to most of the festivals , good idea to upgrade make the most off it and enjoy

If you have shower facilities in with the tickets you are sorted on that front.

Take extra supplies and leave them in the car - beer and the such.

If you cant cook in the tent village leave the stove in the car and walk out and cook some pasta type meals - this could save you a fortune, take a big container of water to wash up

Spare clothes in the car - just in case the tents gets wet

dont take any valuables - get a cheap phone

One of those kids coin holders that you used to have on holiday is a godsend - it stops you having to worry about checking your pockets all the time!!

Take anything extra you think you may need and just leave it in the car

Suncream!!!

Anything you leave in the tent there's a chance it'll get nicked! Someone stole a few crates of beer from ours.

Don't take any valuables, I wouldn't leave any in my car as they can be broken into.

Baby wipes are a big must. We just ate crappy takeaway food for the time we were there. They had a fair few "gourmet" burger type cans which were quite nice although not cheap.

If we had wanted to be cheap we would have stayed at home though.

A bit old for that lark aren't you?

Go and stay with Robin Cayzer in the big house at Cornbury. That should be more to your liking.

Thanks for the recommendation JD but unfortunately I don't move in the same social circles as your good self

Thanks for the tips fellas, as I understand it this is a more family orientated gathering so hopefully the riff raff who steal won't be there. I will take heed of your advice though

Anything you leave in the tent there's a chance it'll get nicked! Someone stole a few crates of beer from ours.

Don't take any valuables, I wouldn't leave any in my car as they can be broken into.

Baby wipes are a big must. We just ate crappy takeaway food for the time we were there. They had a fair few "gourmet" burger type cans which were quite nice although not cheap.

If we had wanted to be cheap we would have stayed at home though.

Good advice 👍

+ Glamping/pre erected tent areas tend to have better security and not so over subscribed toilet/shower facilities, well worth the extra ££ imho.

good advice from Lloyd90 iv done plenty of security at festivals over 3/4 days would get at least 100 complaints about theft keep all money and cards on you at all times, cameras and mobiles even food and drink

+1 Had my wallet pinched from my bag at Glasto a few years back ... while I was asleep lying next to it! That'll teach me to wear earplugs :yes:

Deck Chairs of some form or another - Seating will be at a premium and after a few days, sitting on the floor loses its appeal rather.

Wet wipes and anti bac spray as said just in case the bogs get backed up!!

Lots of negative experiences on here regarding theft - Just be sensible and keep your money and valuables on you - A bum bag comes into it's own at a festival.

And have a huge amount of fun - There's a wonderful sense of community at a festival that you won't get anywhere else.

And make sure you're somewhere near the front for Nine Below Zero!!

Worked literally hundreds of festivals

Wet wipes. Just a must

Have an old phone to use

Take a stove as will save you money if you want to go down that route

Have a meeting point if you get lost etc as phone signal can be poor due to number of people in the area

Try and plan ahead what to do and see

Good idea about the meeting point! And an old phone with a good battery.

I found it a pain having a stove, your either too ******, or if it's raining or windy a huge PITA. My cousins and I found it easier to just buy food there, although some people came with lots of gear and didn't mind cooking up some good looking meals.

Check the hippy chippy facebook page and see if they will be attending as their chips are amazing.

And on that note, Strumpets With Crumpets have got me through many a morning hangover at Download and Sonisphere. And on a food satisfaction/bulk for your buck, the burrito stands are usually pretty outstanding, although I believe that the one you're going to caters for a more discerning palate, so you may have a bit more choice!