Haye vs Bellew

Duckandswing

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haye took more shots after the injury, but I didn't feel he took "a beating" or was in real "trouble" his corner "chucked the towel in" to avoid the possibility of Haye getting hurt and due to his lack of mobility he wasn't competitive and probably couldn't have won anyway?

However I think Haye would have won, probably by knock out, had he not been badly restricted by the injury!

Bellew would be foolish to give him a rematch....it will surely end badly for him!......Assuming of course, Haye can avoid injury?

For me Bellew's victory was devalued........there is no qudos to be gotten from beating an injured opponent!

Haye took more shots after the injury, but I didn't feel he took "a beating" or was in real "trouble" his corner "chucked the towel in" to avoid the possibility of Haye getting hurt and due to his lack of mobility he wasn't competitive and probably couldn't have won anyway?

However I think Haye would have won, probably by knock out, had he not been badly restricted by the injury!

Bellew would be foolish to give him a rematch....it will surely end badly for him!......Assuming of course, Haye can avoid injury?

For me Bellew's victory was devalued........there is no qudos to be gotten from beating an injured opponent!

I couldn't have summed it up better, after Haye's leg/ankle/ went the fight became a farce.

I couldn't have summed it up better, after Haye's leg/ankle/ went the fight became a farce.

yep, watched it this morning at 5am at work..really shocked with the whole thing really, massive farce, best bit for me was Bellew telling eddie hearn to ******* after the fight ended.

cant see a re-match to be honest i think Haye is done.

I would think that both teams will assess what could be the financial gain made from a rematch?

If enough interest is there , a large enough arena , big ticketsales and channel television coverage , a rematch will take place, it will be spectacular , Bellew will box skilfully and tear Haye up , Haye will box skilfully and courageously , but be well and fairly beaten . Haye will then announce his retirement and Bellew will be promoted as the Great British hope .

That is my belief . Sorry must go as I have to write the scripts for Eastenders and other TV drivel.

Would it be possible to sue Haye the promoter for Fraud?

is boxing in a decline? When I was a young person I was really into it, there were so many top names in the sport, I am not sure youngsters are bothered about it, it will always be a big sport, but I have a feeling the golden days are pretty much gone, like snooker.

I think it's been in decline for a while now. Too many organisations offering world championships, too many fighters dodging the tough opponents so as to keep their perfect records. Plus it now faces competition from MMA events/organisations like the UFC and Bellator.

I did watch a good boxing match yesterday. Unfortunately it took place sometime in the 80s . . . Hagler vs Hearns.

Bellew took some stick for not being able to finish of a one legged Haye. It has now emerged that Bellew broke his hand in either the second or third round.

Luckily it was only his hand, rather than a vital little toe, so he was able to continue.

I have little time for either, but both surprised me:-

Bellew - for not getting knocked out, whilst Haye was still mobile.

Haye - showed a bit of bottle - not quitting when few would have blamed him. He took his defeat in a manner which was the complete opposite of his normal persona.

Who do you guys think will win this one. I had a tenner on Bellew simply because it was 5-1 odds. Bookies pretty much favour Haye, as do I.

Should say Haye, but my typo is quite apt given the build up.

We done you. I would wager you'd rather have had a monkey on it.

5/1 is a big price in a two horse race.

Must say wasn't impressed how does a guy not get finished on one leg, haye probably saved face by keeping going but thought the towel going in so late was a bit pointless bellew wasn't hurting him, might as well as stopped after one round once the Achilles had gone, Joshua or klitsh would have finished the fight in one round and probably hurt a one legged opponent badly

Leaving Oscar aside - what does anyone think about the next move for Haye or Bellew? Bellew is calling out Deontay Wilder, but I fear for him.

A rematch with Haye has been quickly dismissed, which leaves Haye in a poor position.

thought the towel going in so late was a bit pointless bellew wasn't hurting him

I must have watched another fight - Bellew laid quite a few blows on Haye, albeit with one broken hand.

Edited by Gordon R

Haye should retire as he is only in it for the coin.

His mouth way outworks his body which has always been injury prone and considering he has only had 3 fights in 5 years he should start being a bit more realistic.

However,the way punters are taken for a ride with PPVs it wouldnt be surprising if another fake grudge match or two are made.

Has a divorce coming up so is looking for the big paydays as if he really was serious about the HW division he wouldnt be fighting blown up CWs.

Cant see Bellew taking any major risks at HW but might try a lesser belt as the division is pretty poor as we know.

Didn't seem like he was getting hurt, you don't put your hands down if someone is hurting you or you think they can, if fury sorts himself out either one would probably be an easy warm up fight for him.

As sako says should retire before he gets really hurt but money talks.