hmr bullets prices

Thanks for reminding me. Need to puck up a couple of boxes tomorrow. Yes, they are a touch more expensive but 150yrd bunnies are a piece of cake whereas, chuck it and chance it with a 22RF and then you have that occasional WHOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE into the night air and wonder where it has gone. No regardless of cost, I'll stick with my 17HMR.

Edited by Walker570

Thanks for reminding me. Need to puck up a couple of boxes tomorrow. Yes, they are a touch more expensive but 150yrd bunnies are a piece of cake whereas, chuck it and chance it with a 22RF and then you have that occasional WHOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE into the night air and wonder where it has gone. No regardless of cost, I'll stick with my 17HMR.

And useless in a slight breeze

Glad I got rid of mine and went back to a .22 putting just as much in the bag and cheaper to run

Never understand these comments, if the .22lr does the job for you then why on earth did you ever get a HMR?

They are different. I use .22lr, HMR and WMR etc, whatever is required for the job, I don't use a .308 on Rats and I don't use an Air rifle on Deer!

:good:

have that occasional WHOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE into the night air and wonder where it has gone

I get this with the HMR (occasionally)

Yes, you can't be complacent whatever you shoot. That little 17gr bullet is more lethal than many believe. I shot a squirrel a few weeks ago and it was in classic pose, halfway up the wooden leg of a pheasant feeder, but to the side of the drum, so no chance of putting a hole in that. I shot the squirrel which drop under the feeder. On finishing up I went to pick the bodies and was amazed, the bullet had gone through the squirrel, hit a 1 1/2 inch washer alongside the nut, penetrated that and then take a piece off the side of the post about half an inch thick and carried on it's way. That was at around 50yrds.

Yep, I also have a 22RF for those seriously undercover super silent jobs, but the 17 HMR just reaches out that bit further when I need it. I also fully agree, you need a proper tool for every job. Persuading my Licensing Dept., is the problem :no:

I was talking to my RFD about a month ago, and he was completely out of hmr ammo and had been from about Christmas. I asked when the new stuff came in was there going to be a big increase in price, and he seemed to think not. Could some RFD's be milking the situation? :whistling: I know around Mid Ulster there was a variation of £7.50/50, and that was long before supplies became scarce.

I was looking on the shelves in a Basspro shop earlier this week. Lots of ammo in stock, and bullets for reloading also.

Hornady 17HMR was $16.29 a box plus local tax, which in this state would have made the cost = $17.63. I know Bassporo are not the cheapest USA store, but it shows the rounds are not exactly cheap there either now. .22 subs were more like $5.50 a box.