Garage floor

Davyo

Thinking of laying down a full rubber floor.Any body used this, I have only used it for decking out the back if my 4X4.Currently have foam tiles around the edges of the garage and the car sits on the concrete.

Just thinking of laying it where the concrete is and leave the foam tiles in black round the edges.Thought either bright blue or red for the rubber floor.

post-30855-0-31341900-1492472559_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-48637500-1492472569_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

I notice what could be old oil spills on the concrete. Wouldn't oil on rubber (or any othe fluid) be a slip hazard? Just an observation.

It's water mate,always have a new car every 3yrs so not really any potencial for an oil leak.My other motor has no leaks but is rarely in the garage.Plus with choosing blue or red for the floor any oil would be spotted.Also I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my Garage or man shed re mess.If anything ends up on the floor it aint there long lol.

Thinking of laying down a full rubber floor.Any body used this, I have only used it for decking out the back if my 4X4.Currently have foam tiles around the edges of the garage and the car sits on the concrete.

Just thinking of laying it where the concrete is and leave the foam tiles in black round the edges.Thought either bright blue or red for the rubber floor.

Floor paint .... Used to be called Red Jeckle.

As said, floor paint, I bet the rubber would increase fire risk.

It was painted about 20yrs ago,but with some paint I got of a school caretaker along with some sealer.Did think of that option but it means leaving the car out on the drive for a few nights.Just looking for a quick solution really.

Edited by Davyo

I've got a couple of rolls of a similar rubber flooring I bought at Costco for my garage 18 months ago. I still haven't put it down as I can't seem to clear everything out for long enough!

A friend has got it down and is a lovely finish to the floor

Cheers

Tom

It was painted about 20yrs ago,but with some paint I got of a school caretaker along with some sealer.Did think of that option but it means leaving the car out on the drive for a few nights.Just looking for a quick solution really.

Whats wrong with leaving car on drive overnight? Are you frightened it rains and get wet.

So wheres all the *c**p hidden, you must have a selection of 'just in case' /off cuts etc leftovers - surely you can't chuck everything away, every time, you never know when it might be really handy in the future??

Can you get OCD on prescription, I think I need a dose of it, then maybe I can tidy my man cave, trouble is I won't be able to find anything after :)