vehicle scrapage scheme

ditchman

In preparation for the Diesel Tax in big cities some of our diesel fleet have already been replaced with LPG Versions while the resale value on diesels still remains

They have obviously done the maths and had a big LPG bulk storage tank installed and swapped out a fleet of 18 month old vans

someone ran my vehicle dets' thro a "enviroment programm " on der computa....and as it was that age ...it ended up more enviromentally frendly than a plastic electric car....as so much of the vehicle had been recycled to make it....it wasnt replaced every 4 years...and didnt distroy africa in finding the cadium for the batteries.. :hmm:

Electric cars use lithium.

diesel was a cheaper fuel than petrol when not many folk ran a diesel fast forward to now its expensive so what do you think will happen when we all go for lpg or electric :hmm:

It will go through the roof,just look back at the car tax change recently.They introduce a scheme to get people to buy low emission cars.Then discover the revenue has dramatically dropped so introduce a new car tax scheme.To be honest I think it was all in the plan anyway to bang it back up once they got majority of the tat off the roads.Just like this scrapage scheme,all the current free charging points will end up with payment machines attached.

Why is it just diesel cars .what about all the Lorries ,buses,and ships .trains chucking all the same s----- as cars

Nothing said about them .and forgot farm vehicles as well

Why is it just diesel cars .what about all the Lorries ,buses,and ships .trains chucking all the same s----- as cars

Nothing said about them .and forgot farm vehicles as well

The main thing that they are worried about is air pollution in large towns it is down to cars vans buses lorries going in to towns that is the real problem Lorries and farm tractors are mostly in the countryside where the gasses can blow away with the wind that is not to say that it would be better if they could run on a cleaner fuel but it is not so much of a problem.

i had a maestro diesel van could run it on rape oil clean as a whistle on emmissions test cannot run modern deisels on cookling oil but if you read the news it was vw who cheated which means the gov should be stopping any idea of scrappage until an honest emmissions test is done before the cars come into the country.i have had many diesels fail the test because they have been tootling round the streets on the school run and are never given a good thrashing which keeps the dpf and system clean.

i had a maestro diesel van could run it on rape oil clean as a whistle on emmissions test cannot run modern deisels on cookling oil but if you read the news it was vw who cheated which means the gov should be stopping any idea of scrappage until an honest emmissions test is done before the cars come into the country.i have had many diesels fail the test because they have been tootling round the streets on the school run and are never given a good thrashing which keeps the dpf and system clean.

This is the thing, i use veg oil in old 4x4's ( mitsubishi and landcruiser) zero emissions, sustainable oil production, better land use than a forest of solar panels

The scrapage scheme last time was nothing more than an incentive to sell new vehicles in reality.

What you have to remember is that old diesels are much cheaper to own and maintain than the modern low emission cars with their complicated engine management systems. So across the life of the vehicle to two grand incentive you got to buy it may be used up, and more, in garage bills.

Edited by Vince Green

Does anyone think this will actually make much difference to the value of diesel cars? Last I heard was that London was the only city likely to put controls on diesels. (For now at least).

I'm currently planning on buying a diesel, but if prices will drop I might wait!