Who is out on the 1st September?

Richie10

Why should your wildfowling be restricted just because you have a child?

I will be somewhere to shoot a few ducks and geese on the first. If this season is anywhere near as good as the last, I will be plenty happy enough.

Why should your wildfowling be restricted just because you have a child?

I will be somewhere to shoot a few ducks and geese on the first. If this season is anywhere near as good as the last, I will be plenty happy enough.

Because I don't want to travel and spend time away from my child..grow up too quick and I don't want to miss it. My choice. Hobbies come second now

First child born a few days ago so my fowling will be somewhat restricted this season.

I usually pop to the local estuary for abit of armed birdwatching on the 1St

Then start my wildfowling first week in october

Like the "armed bird watching", Me too, Congrats on birth, best to you all.

Edited by guzzicat

i will try and get out on the 1st hopping my 2nd season is better than my 1st. have about 14 trips out on the wash in my 1st season to get rained on alot only to see a half a dozen pinks around 80 to 100 yards high and around 60 yards to our right, but enjoyed every minute of wondering about and finding my feet so to say on the marsh, but going it alone with a mate who is also a fist time wash go'er was a laugh even though a a fruitless adventure.

First child born a few days ago so my fowling will be somewhat restricted this season.

I usually pop to the local estuary for abit of armed birdwatching on the 1St

Then start my wildfowling first week in october

Congratulations on your new arrival.

This year my son who is 14 is coming out with me on the 1st and plan to share many flights this year and in coming seasons.

Up until a couple of years ago I had never missed a first day of the wildfowling season , I say first day because if it started on a Sunday then we cant go in Norfolk till the Monday , as the marshes were on my doorstep I could easily do the morning flight , get back home for a bit of breakfast and be at work for a 8 o clock start.

For a number of years I would flight the river in the morning , or the barley stubbles on the marsh and it was very rare we didn't come back with something in the bag , in the early days it would be mainly waders ( Curlew , Shanks ect ) but when the club started to get some marshes we often got a few duck , as time moved on I rented a first class rough shoot and I got the duck shooting on the marshes a few minutes away from my house , in fact last year I was still shooting duck on the same marshes that I first got over 45 years ago ..

Now I leave going after wildfowl till late September or early October as I like to get duck now in full plumage , quality rather than quantity .

So Good luck to all the ones who are going out on the first and hope you are rewarded for the early start ,

Might have a trot around and try and bag a Canada on the 1st,we fly to Cyprus for 2 weeks on the second so might be a good excuse to get out the way while the Mrs does her packing lol :lol: plenty of geese around on the stubbles at the minute,but come the 1st will they still be about ? :lol: BB

Because I don't want to travel and spend time away from my child..grow up too quick and I don't want to miss it. My choice. Hobbies come second now

You do right mate the years fly by my eldest just passed car test today you only get to to see them grow up once, congratulations and all the best for the future.

Will be out on the first we are up in the Highlands that week on holiday so taking the shotguns up will shoot the first and the Saturday then travel back down Sunday, will be a peasant change this year from the usual.

Only plan at the moment is to target ducks more as my preference is for Geese most of the time, but i really enjoyed it last year teaching my son was all part of it i guess we had a great season if this year is half as good i will be ok with it. :)

They might grow up quick but not in a few hours of Wildfowlin. As a father you can't give up everything and spend every minute with your child in case you miss something or you'll miss out on your own life.

Wait till the bairns exceeding its lungs for hours you'll be glad of some respite out fowling.

Edited by figgy

They might grow up quick but not in a few hours of Wildfowlin. As a father you can't give up everything and spend every minute with your child in case you miss something or you'll miss out on your own life.

Wait till the bairns exceeding its lungs for hours you'll be glad of some respite out fowling.

Absolutely and i doubt he or anyone would give up everything but his wild fowling will be somewhat restricted which it will be compared to before the birth no matter how you look at it. Kids are like many things in life you only get out what you put in.

Supergoose, I have two kids of my own.

I stand by what I said. I don't see why your own hobbies need to be restricted just because you have a young child, unless of course there are other specific reasons why this would not be possible. A couple of flights a week needn't be an issue, just because there is a new addition to the family.