spray on car polish

viking

cant beat the stuff you wipe on...let it dry and buff off............

all this new fangled stuff................i use "mainly" engine oil mixed with parafeen for a good lusty look...and raw linseed oil for the plastic bits...or vaserline

cant beat the stuff you wipe on...let it dry and buff off............

all this new fangled stuff................i use "mainly" engine oil mixed with parafeen for a good lusty look...and raw linseed oil for the plastic bits...or vaserline

never had good results with that really, must of been doing it wrong, but it is 20 years since i t-cut a car

and its for the series 3 so its more of a quick shine up really as its not long been painted, probably just needs a wash :good:

Brother gave me some that smells like bubble gum. It really shines the car. Just spray on and wipe off with a soft cloth. Smells a bit girly be hey ho.

Just grab whatever in Halfords, it's all about the same these days.

Or take it down the car wash and browse pigeon watch for 10 minutes while someone else does all the hard work.

Greased lightning showroom shine or other "waterless cleaners" give a good shine. Best used when paint is dry in my experience.

Auto Glym Aqua wax, spray on when still wet after washing, two squirts per panel. Buff off with a microfibre cloth. This smells of bubble gum to me, as mentioned above.

Both are quick and easy to use, but they don't last as long as a traditionally applied wax.

Not a polish as such but I use this stuff all the time and its brilliant, you literally spray it on the wet car and then wipe it dry using a large micro towel, it helps the drying and leaves a nice shine although to be fair elbow grease and proper wax will be better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Auto-Glym-Aqua-Wax-Kit/dp/B0060KJLKY/ref=sr_1_3?s=shoes-outlet&ie=UTF8&qid=1501702589&sr=8-3&keywords=wet+polish

The stuff Hamster recommends is good, is use that myself.

For a real long term finish I always use Collinite 476, but it's a traditional hard wax and not a spray....so more time consuming to apply but it lasts a long time.

I use AutoGlym before and after the winter.It only needs you to wash the car and dry off with a fibre cloth in between.The Ford's been treated with Supergard Plus and the Suzuki Diamondbrite.I have used Williams waterless on the Ford if its only very lightly soiled.Very impressed with the easy application and finish of the Williams.Micro fibre cloths are the way forward and the big good quality micro fibre drying towels just make the hob easy.

I must admit unless I'm feeling car love ours go to the local hand wash on our way out for the day, as other said ten mins washed dried waxed wheels done less than a tenner. No sweat or black hands after either, or muttering where's she done that at when you see another chip or dent that wasn't there when you last drove it.

I use a ceramic wash (water then just runs off the car with no droplet staining) and then Mer for a quick polish.

I bought some funny nano coating shizzle off a stand at Goodwood for a fair wallop but haven't had the bottle to apply it - I can see it going wrong and have visions of the car looking like I've covered it in patchy PVA.

Hi

Showroom Shine again here - only used it once a few weeks ago following recommendations at work from classic car people. Water still beading........

Local Garden Centre was doing it at 30% off so worth trying for a few washes.

L

Someone on the Mercedes Owners Club forum recommended Morrison's own brand car wax in the black bottle for £2. Apparently its some much better known brand re-branded.

So I bought some and tried it and its very good. I would recommend it on the basis of why pay more.

A lot of Morrisons car products come highly recommended, their own brand oil is Valvolene