Gun returned "broken"

eddoakley

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how I feel.

My shop has been open for about 18 months and I have had 5 guns returned, 3 by these two people. The others were refunded or exchanged without hesitation but this one was just too much.

The son has just left a bad review on face ache but that has given me the opportunity to publicly offer the refund if he repairs the damage to the stock.

I will see how it goes.

Edd

Precisely.

My "seen and heard the last of it" related to any recovery action against yourself. The above is simply venting his splean - spiteful internet tittle tattle which will be forgotten by anyone who may have read it in a couple of days.

What Facebook page is it? Any link?

It's just our own page. I don't think this site allows me to post the name but it's gun shop uk.

It's the only bad review we've had and we don't really do a lot with the page or our website for that matter. But it's still annoying when I feel that he is in the wrong and dismisses any solution or suggestion.

Edd

hello, i see someone put a note on barrel falling off !!!, how does that happen ? i wish a shop like yours was near to me edd, some good deals, call this chaps bluff, it is common knowledge that most RFDs if not all would expect a returned rifle to be in the same condition unless a mechanical fault. ps next time you have some deerhunter shirts on special offer let me know.

It's just our own page. I don't think this site allows me to post the name but it's gun shop uk.

It's the only bad review we've had and we don't really do a lot with the page or our website for that matter. But it's still annoying when I feel that he is in the wrong and dismisses any solution or suggestion.

Edd

Ask him to remove the unfair revue before you will consider the problem.

Thanks for the support guys (and the pm)

I guess some of the likes have come from here?

I like to think I have been fair and hopefully this will be resolved.

I would actually rather sort it out than just have him disappear.

Any PW member that is close enough to call in please make yourself known and there may be some discounts!

OPP- I'm sure we have some shirts left. I will get the mrs to have a look later and drop you a pm if we do.

Thanks guys

Edd

Edited by eddoakley

Reading his latest post, it seems like the complainant is back-tracking. He now accepts that his father was tinkering with the gun when the barrel "fell off".

If he persists, I would be inclined to ask for contact details for his "3 independent people have checked it and said it's been repaired and bodged before". I would remind them of the law of slander and ask just how they came to their conclusion.

If they exist, I would imagine they would not wish to become embroiled in any potential legal action. If he can't or won't come up their details, it hardly backs up his case.

Odd that the son is the one making posts, which are almost written in the English language, rather than the actual customer. The son's grasp of how to put together a coherent argument reminds me of Little Britain's Vicky Pollard.

You are Trade Member, you are entitled to identify your business, especially in the context of this thread.

Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't want to break any rules.

My shop is Gunshop Uk and we are based in Cwmbran South Wales. You can find us on fb as Gunshop uk.

For those that have been following this the thread on fb has now been removed.

The guy that runs that page "air gunner uk" contacted us to say that we were getting some bad press and asked us to put our side. As soon as we did the whole feeling of the thread changed and we were supported. My offers stayed the same throughout and it now seems that the guy will accept us putting the barrel back.

I'm happy enough with the outcome.

I think we the majority of people have seen the situation for what it is and agree that we have, As always, been more than fair.

Thanks again for all the comments and messages.

Edd

Gunshop Uk.

Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't want to break any rules.

My shop is Gunshop Uk and we are based in Cwmbran South Wales. You can find us on fb as Gunshop uk.

For those that have been following this the thread on fb has now been removed.

The guy that runs that page "air gunner uk" contacted us to say that we were getting some bad press and asked us to put our side. As soon as we did the whole feeling of the thread changed and we were supported. My offers stayed the same throughout and it now seems that the guy will accept us putting the barrel back.

I'm happy enough with the outcome.

I think we the majority of people have seen the situation for what it is and agree that we have, As always, been more than fair.

Thanks again for all the comments and messages.

Edd

Gunshop Uk.

Well done Edd, very pleased it has been sorted out, let's hope nobody else tries it on.

Good luck

Aye well done edd.

While they say there is no such thing as bad publicity (which I don't really believe) u've came across as a really decent bloke and trying to do the right thing, I'm sure many others have thought the same and will pop in or try to buy something off u because of this.

The fact the guy has already retuned 2 guns (which I presume had nothing wrong with them)

I'm probably the wrong person to give advice about warranties etc as like most on here would be too embarrassed to walk into a gun shop and expect them to fix something I've broke throu my own stupidity.

Plus if I had damaged stock or stuck badly fitting sling studs in I wouldn't be expecting anything from the gun shop as my warranty would be voided

I don't know how big a job it is, doesn't sound massively expensive, but if the 'customer'/numpty came in with a different attitude joking about his stupidity u might of fixed it FoC or just for parts

Thanks guys.

As much as I don't agree with the saying "the customer is always right" I do believe that it's important to do the best you can. And the publicity turned into good publicity as soon as the truth came out that I was offering to repair the gun free of charge even though he broke it.

To be fair the son brought the gun back and apologised for the Facebook antics.

It will take me about 5 minutes to stick the barrel back in as soon as I have the o ring and then I have taken the high road and done more than I would be required to.

Not sure how I will feel if he comes back to the shop but will cross that bridge if/when I come to it.

Edd