Worried about vegans

spandit

Had this when I worked for a pharmaceutical company.

We had regular demos outside the main gates.

Main thing is keep your vehicle windows closed and doors locked. Make sure your trailer is locked and secure to the vehicle. Don't stop and talk to them.Whatever you do don't get out of your vehicle. They rarely try to block cars especially if there is a police presence. Go as early as you can, they often don't turn up till after 9:00. If the abbatoir is open at 07:30 try to be there then.

Mostly they satisfy themselves by shouting and waving banners.

We were often warned of possible protests and they never turned up.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing pigs yourself is a REAL ball ache. Weve done a few at home with the help of a wild welsh man whos worked all over the world slaughtering - cutting the throats of 1500 lambs a day in Norway got a bit tedious apparently! Theyre heavy and awkward to manoeuvre, the scalding and scraping either goes realitivley quickly or the blighters dont want to give up there hair, did I mention their heavy?! The biggest we did at home was 78kg and we had to cut his head off to hang him up! Ever since then we take them to the abattoir.

Can't sell the meat if we home slaughter and don't have the facilities to process it anyway. They've been bloody expensive to get this far and to ruin the meat by doing an amateur job is not something I want to get involved in.

I'd be terrified that the pig would flinch just as I pulled the trigger and get half its face blown off. The thought of a mortally wounded pig screaming and thrashing about in front of the others doesn't bear thinking about. I'll leave it to the professionals!

Cover your motor and trailer in pig slurry they will not bother you then.

Was just going to suggest that! See how much they love the pigs then :rolleyes:

Goodluck (I am always puzzled why these groups are not campaigning against non stun slaughter)

Because they're cowards and would self-implode if anyone called them racist/anti-whatever religious group

Pillocks the lot of em. All no doubt wearing leather boots and belts etc. Probably drink wine too.

sorry just dont see the significance of drinking wine.

To the op its a shame you cant attach a muck spreader behind your motor, As has been said do you need the stress ? is there not a local haulier, surely the abattoir is having deliveries all the time !

sorry just dont see the significance of drinking wine.

To the op its a shame you cant attach a muck spreader behind your motor, As has been said do you need the stress ? is there not a local haulier, surely the abattoir is having deliveries all the time !

As spandit said. Unless the bottle clearly states vegan it has animal product. Wonder how many vegans know that ??

Ps

Some beer too 😉

Wine isn't vegan because isinglass is used to clarify it, which is a fish byproduct.

As spandit said. Unless the bottle clearly states vegan it has animal product. Wonder how many vegans know that ??

Ps

Some beer too

Ah, thanks for that learn something new everyday (or at least i do)

Don't worry about them they'll just stand on the footpath holding banners..........

Funny isn't it that they all try to encourage people not to use any organisation that supports hunting or shooting yet all use facebook when the main man there openly admits to hunting and shooting

I'm due to take my pigs into the abattoir soon and was told by the girl in the office when I booked them in that there is a vegan group demonstration due to be taking place that day. From looking around online, they're likely to be trying to disrupt my journey and despite some of their assertions, I am worried about the welfare of my animals. I also don't wish to be photographed and be put on social media alongside some of the emotive rhetoric these groups favour using. I won't be running any of them over, at least, not deliberately (despite the wishes of the aforementioned girl who is obviously fed up of the protesters) and I'm hoping not to have to engage into any discussion with them as I very much doubt they'd actually listen to any of my arguments (although no doubt wanting me to change my ways).

It's stressing me out just thinking about it...

Buy a Jeremy Corbyn mask, and the vegans will wave you through......... :good:

Guest cookoff013

Don't worry about them they'll just stand on the footpath holding banners..........

Funny isn't it that they all try to encourage people not to use any organisation that supports hunting or shooting yet all use facebook when the main man there openly admits to hunting and shooting

the even bigger irony is the fact that on most of the products aimed at these ppl state "this product is not tested on animals", but the ingredients have, thats how they were legistated safe for use.