bean bag stuffing

SPARKIE

I tried polystyrene beads in a home made bag, but didn't like the feel of it, filled it with dried sand, but as Dougy says it'll leak out through the smallest hole. I've a TAB gear rear bag, which is nice to use, which seems to be filled with hard beads. I wonder if something like this............... soft toy filling beads would do the trick.. I've got a bag from Equifix on the way, and I'm going to give them a try.

On 09/12/2017 at 11:14, Zetter said:

Cat littler worked well in my bench bag and less likely for mice etc to munch on if its stored in the garage  

Thought I'd be clever and use dried lentils....very bad idea!

Some little scrote of a veggie mouse destroyed my range bag ha ha!

Got my revenge tho?

19 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

Cat litter and rice in mine except the one I use when shooting near dougy that's fine sand to annoy him ?

WW, I'm not really fussed what other people use in their bag as long as they don't leave  the contents on the shooting bench.:good:  As you know sand in your action doesn't go too well. 

:unhappy:

:good:

Edited by Dougy

I did make one from an old bag that my son had his football togs in, like a nylon type material and filled with polysteryne balls, don't use one very often as i usually shoot off tripod.

Recently though got a .223 and wanted something bit more substantial and found 2 for £6-99 from company called "In Your Sights" off their e-b*y page. Filled with 1 1/2 lbs of the plastic grannuals  they use in plastic injection moulding they seem just right. Haven't used them yet, but mould to the fore end of the gun well.

3 hours ago, old man said:

Sand.

Just to annoy Dougy.

The nuts and bolts he carries are for running repairs to things he has broken, usually belonging to someone else?

Testicles. 

I tried to help a pensioner out, and failed to realise how frail his nuts where. I have now bought a torque driver. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Testicles. 

I tried to help a pensioner out, and failed to realise how frail his nuts where. I have now bought a torque driver. 

You sure did help him out mate, broke his 50p scope rings. 

A bit of sand doesn't bother real Mauser actions. ????

Not to worry, you will soon be one of us old twits.

You'll get a dozen replies listing sand, rice, cat litter etc. They're all **** choices for fill. 

Bite the bullet and go on ebay or Amazon and buy plastic pellets, sometimes listed as fill for soft toys or similar. 

More expensive than the other dubious choices but it won't dust off, attract moisture, hold moisture, attract vermin, smell, leak, destroy your bag by creating small wear holes. You can confidently use it in all weathers and it won't matter if it gets wet. 

Oh, it's also completely and endlessly reusable. 

1 hour ago, mick miller said:

You'll get a dozen replies listing sand, rice, cat litter etc. They're all **** choices for fill. 

Bite the bullet and go on ebay or Amazon and buy plastic pellets, sometimes listed as fill for soft toys or similar. 

More expensive than the other dubious choices but it won't dust off, attract moisture, hold moisture, attract vermin, smell, leak, destroy your bag by creating small wear holes. You can confidently use it in all weathers and it won't matter if it gets wet. 

Oh, it's also completely and endlessly reusable. 

Looks good.

How much is needed for an average bag?

On 14/12/2017 at 09:50, reddog said:

Looks good.

How much is needed for an average bag?

Google is your friend, or, in this case, eBay. I think I paid about £20 including to have it shipped but that's because I live in the **** end of nowhere and don't have a local town/city with a haberdashery or similar. That was enough to fill a large rest bag with some left over. 

Not cheap, but I only need to buy it once.