Brexit - merged threads

scouser

45 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

But what do you mean by 'MAKE it hard'?

I mean make it hard in a nasty vindictive way, because it feels that we have somehow urinated in their trough.
Make it hard for us to do business with European companies and peoples , despite the detrimental effect it may have on its own citizens.
But I think you knew what I meant really.

48 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

In other words, the EU will do what it's supposed to do which is act for its member states.

No Retsdon, the EU will act in a way that is beneficial for the EU , there is a difference.
They dont care about the people of France, Germany or Ireland , they care about the project and its continued path toward a single state.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

When we leave we will still want to trade. When we trade we agree to abide by new rules.

That works both ways, we could introduce some new 'rules' of our own, or we can agree a common policy, what do you think will happen , every rule the EU has gets applied to everything just because we are no longer a member selling the exact same thing ?

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

We will still trade post no deal, there will not be the complete termination of trade and investment flows or of every flight. What there would be – it already exists - is shelves of legislation, EU and national, to deliver continuity where it most mattered to them, and to public safety and health here, but to deliver enough discontinuity and pain where it matters to force the UK back to the table to agree the same or worse terms.  

Anyone would think anything that comes from outside the EU gets stopped at the border and inspected, it simply doesnt.
Trying to say that British goods will be suspect and Chinese goods are OK is ridiculous.

Like I say a common rule book and policy is necessary , but theres no reason to expect anything different will happen at ports than what happens now.

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

No Retsdon, the EU will act in a way that is beneficial for the EU , there is a difference.
They dont care about the people of France, Germany or Ireland , they care about the project and its continued path toward a single state.

'They' are the people of France, Germany Ireland and the UK, they care abut the project that they are part of. 

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

That works both ways, we could introduce some new 'rules' of our own, or we can agree a common policy, what do you think will happen , every rule the EU has gets applied to everything just because we are no longer a member selling the exact same thing ?

Anyone would think anything that comes from outside the EU gets stopped at the border and inspected, it simply doesnt.
Trying to say that British goods will be suspect and Chinese goods are OK is ridiculous.

Like I say a common rule book and policy is necessary , but theres no reason to expect anything different will happen at ports than what happens now.

We could but we won't because we will want easy trade with our neighbour.

Not sure where the Chinese come into this.

What is the common rule book 🙂. It will be different it will be WTO rules and they do not allow goods to be waived through and the rules ignored.

1 minute ago, oowee said:

They' are the people of France, Germany Ireland and the UK, they care abut the project that they are part of. 

Is that so ?
The project is supposed to be for the good of the peoples of EUROPE, not just the EU .
The project is isolationist, and hell bent on single state ideology, whether the 'people' want it or not.
The whole political union thing has been bought in under stealth, they have ignored the peoples frustration on this for decades.
Why do you think people like Farage have been MEPs for decades ? 
Why did we vote for Brexit ?

Because that **** shower are NOT  there for the people, and the people know it.
In 10 years time your kids will thank you for getting them out of the globalists wet dream, and you will smile, nervously 🤣

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Is that so ?
The project is supposed to be for the good of the peoples of EUROPE, not just the EU .
The project is isolationist, and hell bent on single state ideology, whether the 'people' want it or not.
The whole political union thing has been bought in under stealth, they have ignored the peoples frustration on this for decades.
Why do you think people like Farage have been MEPs for decades ? 
Why did we vote for Brexit ?

Because that **** shower are NOT  there for the people, and the people know it.
In 10 years time your kids will thank you for getting them out of the globalists wet dream, and you will smile, nervously 🤣

As part of the EU we have opt out clauses regarding the Euro and ever closer union. These opt out are written into the EU articles. You knew what you were voting for why are you asking me?

I wonder if we will have left or be back in within 10 years. Do you think if in future we asked to be let back in, we would be forced to take the Euro?

Edited by oowee

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

These opt out are written into the EU articles.

The opt outs run out per the Lisbon treaty in 2020, when a whole draft of 'ever closer' rules come into being.

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

I wonder if we will have left or be back in within 10 years.

We wont be back in 10 years , because it wont exist :good:

VARADKAR-TROOPS-copy-e1548430606544-540x301.png?resize=540%2C301&ssl=1

The EU’s calamitous attempts to maintain even a semblance of unity on the Irish backstop have reached farcical new levels today with Leo Varadkar now threateningto put Irish troops back on the border in the event of a no-deal Brexit, despite having again dismissed the need for a hard border just three days ago. There is no way Varadkar will allow himself to become the Irish Prime Minister who put troops back on the Irish border. Momentum is starting to shift firmly against the backstop and the EU are losing the plot. This is a desperate attempt to talk tough, instead the EU just look like headless chickens…

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

You kind of missed my point.

You can't be a free sovereign nation and not be in control.

So we are at this moment in time NOT a free sovereign nation.

So we are NOT in control, and have not been for47 years!

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Who the ..... is he? He has zero to do with the matter. We are not talking about lorry parking. 

There is no agreement on what arrangements will be in place. Under WTO rules it would be illegal for the UK and the EU to flout the 'Most Favoured Nation 'principles, carry on as before and waive stuff through the border.

We are still talking about trading goods where we are in deficit and not services where we are in positive trade territory and there is even more paperwork to complete. Companies are as we speak moving to Europe to set up to get around this. 

Not true. We cannot have free unfettered international trade with who we like without having border control on the border, in the north sea or in the ROI. 

Name those companies, if you have so much "inside information"!

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We are a free soverign nation. We are in control. We just voted to leave. If we were not free we surely could not do that? When I got married I was still a free man but I agreed to give up some of my options. 

When we leave we will still want to trade. When we trade we agree to abide by new rules. Those rules will cover everything from the product, to where it came from, what's in it, what happens with the waste, how the workers are treated, what tax rates apply, what subsidies were used, and what laws are applied, all the stuff that we have now with the EU. We will replicate all this with our new EU trade deal. If we do not agree a deal with the EU in advance of departure on favourable terms we will be negotiating as a third country. We will then do the same again with the States. 

Every deal we negotiate we will do on our own, with our smaller market. Liam Fox is trying to put in place the 40 odd trade deals that the EU currently has with other countries that we currently take advantage of. He has yet to sign one off. It is a huge task. 

We will still trade post no deal, there will not be the complete termination of trade and investment flows or of every flight. What there would be – it already exists - is shelves of legislation, EU and national, to deliver continuity where it most mattered to them, and to public safety and health here, but to deliver enough discontinuity and pain where it matters to force the UK back to the table to agree the same or worse terms.  

Until we LEAVE we arte NOT in control! And we have NOT yet left!

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I mean make it hard in a nasty vindictive way, because it feels that we have somehow urinated in their trough.
Make it hard for us to do business with European companies and peoples , despite the detrimental effect it may have on its own citizens.
But I think you knew what I meant really.

CORRECT! All for the benefit of the unelected in Brussels!

1 hour ago, oowee said:

'They' are the people of France, Germany Ireland and the UK, they care abut the project that they are part of. 

What is the common rule book 🙂. It will be different it will be WTO rules and they do not allow goods to be waived through and the rules ignored.

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

Sorry if this comes as a bit of a derail or conspiricay theory but I have to admit there's just a little bit of me wondering if our .GOV secretly deep deep under cover wants out of NATO and into an EU army.

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Large numbers (and growing daily) of French German Dutch Danish, Irish, Greek etc etc people are getting absolutely sick of the European project! Witness the recent elections in Austria, Netherlands, Italy etc........... they are no longer prepared to bend over, and take whatever the "EU"  gives them..

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

I so disagree with you on that 

and you are right to disagree.................

1 hour ago, oowee said:

As part of the EU we have opt out clauses regarding the Euro and ever closer union. These opt out are written into the EU articles. You knew what you were voting for why are you asking me?

I wonder if we will have left or be back in within 10 years. Do you think if in future we asked to be let back in, we would be forced to take the Euro?

Those opt out clauses are already under discussion for change...................

9 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

I suspect the Dyson HQ move has nothing to do with Berxit and everything to do with the looming treat of a pseudo marxist government, mainly, I suggest caused by the activities of the remain camp.   The irony is that these people are actually rampant remainers but are alienating the brexit side against the tories.

Basically ...... +1

Admiral insurance, Credit Suisse, RSA (jan 19), STM Life, Chub (jan 19 approved by france regulator),Schaeffler from Wales getting bored looking but here are a few companies leaving or agreed to leave the UK in part or in whole over last year. I listed some in an earlier post which you can look back to.

Ever closer union is in the original article's for establishing the EU back in the 50's and talks about the people rather than the politics. I don't know much about it (including 2020) but if its one of the principle framework elements it requires all members to agree. From what you are saying above that looks unlikely? 

I have to go shooting now. 🙂 

More bad news. Holiday makers flying into European airports will face a three hour wait at immigration.  Well, Madeira is looking attractive because the Portugese have already seen the potential problem and will be opening up separate check in channels for British Passport holders.  The report said that other countries would be under pressure from the EU and would not be making any special arrangements.  Cornwall could be crowded this summer.

24 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

More bad news. Holiday makers flying into European airports will face a three hour wait at immigration.  Well, Madeira is looking attractive because the Portugese have already seen the potential problem and will be opening up separate check in channels for British Passport holders.  The report said that other countries would be under pressure from the EU and would not be making any special arrangements.  Cornwall could be crowded this summer.

Quid pro quo?

44 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

The important thing to point out in this latest revelation is the part of the report that says this 3 hour delay will only be a thing if there is no deal. 

So presumably, if we take Mays deal, it all goes away? We are no longer a 3rd country, and you won't be spending hours queuing in the sweltering heat?

Oh, and the tourist industry of France Italy and Spain won't be devastated by the lack of Brits going there on holiday. 

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have never been much of a traveller, but I used to have to travel on business from time to time.  The worst queues I have experienced have always been coming back into the UK, notably Heathrow.

Yes John, but Heathrow has not been part of this country for some time. I will not even go there now to collect passengers even frinds.  They need to get a taxi and meet me elsewhere.

Appalling place and has been for many years.

Even just a month after 9/11 when flying into the USA carry firearms, the longest wait I had was about 15 minutes and that was because the officer wanted to talk about hunting and the fact he had missed a very good whitetail buck that weekend.   All a load of EU baloney, they are going down the pan, grasping straws, and they know it.