Sign in to follow this  
mgsontour

Cod liver oil or capsules?

Has anyone got any experience of taking both liquid and capsules. . . . what do they now prefer? Thanks in advance

15 minutes ago, kenholland said:

take mine straight from the bottle, nothing in them capsules for what you pay,.

What brand/type do you use?

I wouldn't take either, I just imagine that the liver is the purifying organ and any nasties, heavy metals etc are going to be found there,  prefer straight fish oil

Me and Mrs w both take cod liver oil tablets daily. We get tubs from a company called Nature's Best.

I take capsules, have done for thirty odd years, had aching elbows and wrists from years of bricklaying.

Don't know whether it is psychological or not, I wear a copper band as well, and touch wood, have had no arm problems since. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, islandgun said:

I wouldn't take either, I just imagine that the liver is the purifying organ and any nasties, heavy metals etc are going to be found there,  prefer straight fish oil

I don't take fish oil due to the way it is produced. In much the same way as fishmeal/pellets etc are made, it takes a lot of marine life out of the ecosystem in relation to the amount of end product. For the same reasons I will not eat farmed salmon/trout.

As for contaminants in CLO, I know what you mean, there are probably some residuals but I do take it, in capsule form. I might stop for a while actually, as I am eating a lot more fish these days, might be interesting to see how I feel.

Edited by John_R
typo

44 minutes ago, John_R said:

I don't take fish oil due to the way it is produced. In much the same way as fishmeal/pellets etc are made, it takes a lot of marine life out of the ecosystem in relation to the amount of end product. For the same reasons I will not eat farmed salmon/trout.

As for contaminants in CLO, I know what you mean, there are probably some residuals but I do take it, in capsule form. I might stop for a while actually, as I am eating a lot more fish these days, might be interesting to see how I feel.

Aye.. perhaps the best way is to just eat fish !.... certainly tastes better.. better still, get some feathers out and catch your own

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Aye.. perhaps the best way is to just eat fish !.... certainly tastes better.. better still, get some feathers out and catch your own

hello, no one has mentioned Mackerel fishing yet on PW ?? there is is usually a post  ??????

20 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, no one has mentioned Mackerel fishing yet on PW ?? there is is usually a post  ??????

I take a fish oil capsule every day and have done for the last five years.

They have been catching mackerel from Deal pier in Kent, not lots but they turn up over HW

1 hour ago, Wooder said:

I take a fish oil capsule every day and have done for the last five years.

They have been catching mackerel from Deal pier in Kent, not lots but they turn up over HW

hello, best get the rods out then :good: