Brexit - merged threads

scouser

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Transition.

We voted to leave nearly three years ago, if we sign that, we sign away all our rights to govern ourself as a free independent country, not to mention the billions we'd be giving them, all for the chance they might give us a better deal in future, you've got to be having a laugh surely! 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

We voted to leave nearly three years ago, if we sign that, we sign away all our rights to govern ourself as a free independent country, not to mention the billions we'd be giving them, all for the chance they might give us a better deal in future, you've got to be having a laugh surely! 

How else are you going to unravel 40 years of integration and agree a trade deal more complex than anything done by the EU so far?

1 minute ago, bluesj said:

Or is going to take one for the team! I know not something you would expect from any of them

Some one that believes in the greater good of the UK and if it's the only way to take time out and do the job properly then......Some out going PM maybe? 

50 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Oliver came from Huntingdonshire........I'm from Huntingdonshire.     Are you Norfolk people trying to re-write history, or did our school teachers get it all wrong?

you are roight...i do apologise....proberly getting mixed up with the other lord protector...maggie fatcher

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

How else are you going to unravel 40 years of integration and agree a trade deal more complex than anything done by the EU so far?

Some one that believes in the greater good of the UK and if it's the only way to take time out and do the job properly then......Some out going PM maybe? 

Simple, wto brexit. 

There'd be some short term upset, but it'd be immeasurably better than another day in the EU. 

Edited by 12gauge82

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Simple, wto brexit. 

There'd be some short term upset, but it'd be immeasurably better than another day in the EU. 

Most commentators by far think  that's a bad move. We have been in 40 odd year a bit longer is worth the wait the deals not just for Christmas.

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Most commentators by far think  that's a bad move. We have been in 40 odd year a bit longer is worth the wait the deals not just for Christmas.

Who are 'most' commentators? There are business owners on both sides of the divide with opposing views; they can't both be right. 

13 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Parliament as a whole should be ashamed of the way in which they have treated the People.

Time for the next Cromwell.

I see Comrade Corbyn is over there trying to get his plan agreed to, can someone point out to him that he is not in power!

Who is in power ?

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

But the people have been asked and they are clear, get us out! Does Parliament rule us or serve us? 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

But the people have been asked and they are clear, get us out! Does Parliament rule us or serve us? 

Just taking a little time due to Tory incompetence and extremism. We just need patience and to bear the ongoing costs. 

Did you hear the phrase tonight, 'Government of National Unity'?

The odds on article 50 being revoked have been slashed today and once the email / server backlog is over come there will be close to 2million signatures on the online petition to revoke it. It will be interesting to see where all this is at by Monday morning, after the March in London. Squeaky bum time for the hard line Brexiteers.

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

Just taking a little time due to Tory incompetence and extremism. We just need patience and to bear the ongoing costs. 

Did you hear the phrase tonight, 'Government of National Unity'?

I know what your saying and I think we could have come up with a decent exit strategy if those in power had excepted that the UK was to actually leave instead of doing their best to scheme to block brexit, but now they've wasted the time triggering article 50 would have given them, we need to just leave, hard brexit, any short term harm will be the fault of all those in parliament who have tried to frustrate the peoples will. 

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

The odds on article 50 being revoked have been slashed today and once the email / server backlog is over come there will be close to 2million signatures on the online petition to revoke it. It will be interesting to see where all this is at by Monday morning, after the March in London. Squeaky bum time for the hard line Brexiteers.

We've already had the vote and 17.4 million people have said get us out, an online petition means nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

17.4 million votes against 'close to 2 million' online signatures? No squeaky bum here. 😉

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

We've already had the vote and 17.4 million people have said get us out, an online petition means nothing. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

17.4 million votes against 'close to 2 million' online signatures? No squeaky bum here. 😉

100,000 entries on an online petition and it gets discussed in Parliament, I suspect you'll not be feeling so cock sure come Monday...

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I know what your saying and I think we could have come up with a decent exit strategy if those in power had excepted that the UK was to actually leave instead of doing their best to scheme to block brexit, but now they've wasted the time triggering article 50 would have given them, we need to just leave, hard brexit, any short term harm will be the fault of all those in parliament who have tried to frustrate the peoples will. 

I agree we could have agreed a decent exit strategy and with hindsight the time to agree stuff was prior to A50 being triggered. It looks to me that May was pushed to rush by the ERG specter and the threat of being undermined. She rushed in and the rest is history.

If we set a deal just 10% worse for trade that we otherwise might that will be a 10% cost on European sales year in year out that's long term in my book. For me I don't give a fig about WTO we need to protect services. I am looking now at a new offshoot office establishment in Spain that will cost the exchequer circa £150m tax. 

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

100,000 entries on an online petition and it gets discussed in Parliament, I suspect you'll not be feeling so cock sure come Monday...

I'm not feeling cocky at all; I'm the one who genuinely believes we wont leave, and have said so several times on this forum. I'm aware of the 100,000 signature rule ( assuming they're all genuine of course ) but discussing it in parliament doesn't give it anymore merit than any of the who knows how many online petitions reach the required number. Like I said, no squeaky bum here. 🙂

Edited by Scully
Spelling.

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I'm not feeling cocky at all; I'm the one who genuinely believes we wont leave, and have said so several times on this forum. I'm aware of the 100,000 signature rule ( assuming they're all genuine of course ) but discussing it in parliament doesn't give ^t anymore merit than any of the who knows how many online petitions reach the required number. Like i said, no squeaky bum here. 

Fair enough (I don't believe we'll leave either)

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

I agree we could have agreed a decent exit strategy and with hindsight the time to agree stuff was prior to A50 being triggered. It looks to me that May was pushed to rush by the ERG specter and the threat of being undermined. She rushed in and the rest is history.

If we set a deal just 10% worse for trade that we otherwise might that will be a 10% cost on European sales year in year out that's long term in my book. For me I don't give a fig about WTO we need to protect services. I am looking now at a new offshoot office establishment in Spain that will cost the exchequer circa £150m tax. 

If my memory serves me correctly, it was the ERG who said we should delay triggering article 50 and come up with an exit strategy. 

I appreciate there might well be some who loose under a wto brexit, but there will of course be winners to. 

Edited by 12gauge82

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Interesting. Who are 'most by far' of the commentators? 

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

This petition is just the desperate last attempt of the losers, who's hopes were hanging on a pepole's loser's vote, which is now dead.

It is purely anti-democratic and anyone who signs it is an anti-democrat.

Absolute twaddle! It's precisely what democracy is all about, people are allowed to change their minds and people who do not agree with your opinion are allowed to express their views and challenge. This 17.4 million votes from nearly three years ago is looking increasingly irrelevant and suggestions of anti democracy are frankly laughable.