Brexit - merged threads

scouser

5 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I find it amusing that they are blaming Russia for the outcome of your vote.  

Who is blaming Russia for the outcome? Its a bit like blaming Russia for the outcome of the vote for Trump. It looks likely that they had a hand in both but that's a long way from deciding the outcome. 

Surely we should all be concerned at foreign inteference / intervention in democracy. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

Thanks for that I was not aware of the option. 

Do you reckon its driven by some Russian IT system? Hopefully the system has some way of weeding the foreign intervention out otherwise it's a great way for others to subvert what goes on. 

I don't think it's anything as sinister as that. My guess would be some genuine sigs from people living abroad, some sigs from people who shouldn't have a say (like Europeans desperate for us to stay in or people from countries not involved with the process), some people who just like to sign petitions, and a hell of a lot of fraudulent ones from people here using VPNs and throwaway email addresses to sign multiple times. 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Surely if the terms were unfavourable, we wouldnt actually rejoin ?

The terms of the WA are unfavourable, are we getting a vote on that ?
Are we getting a vote on a delay, whether we want no deal ?
Parliament courted the idea of a peoples vote, until they realised the appetite for having remain as one of the options wasnt popular, so that got dropped.

Labour screamed for a general election 'To let the people have their say' until they found that they would get destroyed in one, so that got dropped.

Yeah , youve got to love British 'democracy' 😂
But this is the problem, its not British, this is EU style democracy, you can have a vote, but only when we know youre going to vote for what outcome WE want.

That's part of the problem, things would have to be really really bad outside of the EU for us to consider rejoining on less favourable terms - suits die-hard Brexiteers of course.

Are you advocating further votes at this stage? I'm not.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Oh well, if the map you've seen only shows UK constituencies, I must be making it up and you must be correct. 

Or, possibly you didn't look properly and are answering based on assumption, rather than facts. Go to the bottom of the petition and click the link that says "Get petition data" and you will see votes from all sorts of places. 

Not everything you disagree with is twaddle, nor is everyone stupid.

I didn't say or imply that, thanks for sharing where the country map link is, I will take a look. Just spoke to my colleague in the South of France (a Brit) and he signed the petition from there.

I'm sorry but when people try to distort facts in an attempt to distort democracy in their favour then I'l call it twaddle and there is an element of replying in kind here too.

There are some very well educated and articulate people expressing views opposed to mine here and that's great.

42 minutes ago, walshie said:

I don't think it's anything as sinister as that. My guess would be some genuine sigs from people living abroad, some sigs from people who shouldn't have a say (like Europeans desperate for us to stay in or people from countries not involved with the process), some people who just like to sign petitions, and a hell of a lot of fraudulent ones from people here using VPNs and throwaway email addresses to sign multiple times. 

That's your opinion and it suits your ideology, so fine. Lots of supposition on your part though with very little data to support it.

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

Who is blaming Russia for the outcome? Its a bit like blaming Russia for the outcome of the vote for Trump. It looks likely that they had a hand in both but that's a long way from deciding the outcome. 

Really ?
So they helped decide the outcome then ?

Ive said this before , if there was 1 shred of evidence, they would have found it, and used it to overturn both results, but they cant find it, theyve tried to manufacture it - failed.
Theyve tried the #METOO  route - failed.
They tried to blacken Trumps name by locking up past associates, that they have dug that deep to find dirt on its embarrassing.
Yet both Clintons have MASSES of dirty corrupt (literal) skeletons its ridiculous 😄

Wheres the big police investigation gone into Arron Banks Russian money ? 

Wheres the evidence ? Doesnt matter , just blame the Russkies and youve got them instantly de legitimised .

Just now, Rewulf said:

Really ?

Ive said this before , if there was 1 shred of evidence, they would have found it, and used it to overturn both results, but they cant find it, theyve tried to manufacture it - failed.
They tried to blacken Trumps name by locking up past associates, that they have dug that deep to find dirt on its embarrassing.
Yet both Clintons have MASSES of dirty corrupt (literal) skeletons its ridiculous 😄

Wheres the evidence ? Doesnt matter , just blame the Russkies and youve got them instantly de legitimised .

Give it time. Have a bit of patience. 

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Really ?

The Democrats literally claimed that the Russians altered the election because they exposed Hillary Clinton’s corruption.  That was the whole angle.  They where not worried about the corruption.  Russians had nothing to do with the outcome of America’s election.  Trump could literally get caught snorting cocain out of a dead hookers butt cheek and would have beat Clinton.  America is tired of the lefts lunacies.  I was born and raised Democrat but they no longer represent the Americain people.  When we go to vote half of the people there speak Spanish.  The right wants voter ID laws and the left says it’s racist because black people cant figure out how to get IDs.  Right now you can walk into a voting pole and say that you are a citizen and you live in the district and vote.  No ID needed.  No proof needed.  Trump won buy a landslide even with the illegals voting.  

2 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The Democrats literally claimed that the Russians altered the election because they exposed Hillary Clinton’s corruption.  That was the whole angle.  They where not worried about the corruption.  Russians had nothing to do with the outcome of America’s election.  Trump could literally get caught snorting cocain out of a dead hookers butt cheek and would have beat Clinton.  America is tired of the lefts lunacies.  I was born and raised Democrat but they no longer represent the Americain people.  When we go to vote half of the people there speak Spanish.  The right wants voter ID laws and the left says it’s racist because black people cant figure out how to get IDs.  Right now you can walk into a voting pole and say that you are a citizen and you live in the district and vote.  No ID needed.  No proof needed.  Trump won buy a landslide even with the illegals voting.  

Exactly.

Its like the Libs / Dems secret 'ultimate' weapon , blame Russian collusion and you can make all those nasty right wingers go away, utterly pathetic.
When, back on planet reality, the people that keep crying it are the ones that have fond memories and designs on creating their own little USSR.

They just take people for idiots.

31 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I didn't say or imply that, thanks for sharing where the country map link is, I will take a look. Just spoke to my colleague in the South of France (a Brit) and he signed the petition from there.

I'm sorry but when people try to distort facts in an attempt to distort democracy in their favour then I'l call it twaddle and there is an element of replying in kind here too.

There are some very well educated and articulate people expressing views opposed to mine here and that's great.

That's your opinion and it suits your ideology, so fine. Lots of supposition on your part though with very little data to support it.

It might be supposition or an educated guess, but if and when that figure reaches a higher number than Brits living abroad, the game will be up. It's nice to know at least one is genuine as per your friend. 👍

How is this for different, just been sent a job from an agency, very good money flights and accommodation included in...........................................

Poland!! Quite often get jobs in Norway but Poland is new 🤣🤣 mustn't be anyone there to run the machines.

42 minutes ago, Chris B. said:

Why was the armed forces put on standby and the reservists being called up in case we crashed out without a deal? 

What did they expect to happen?

Nothing because they knew it wouldn't happen. Same reason troops weren't called up or put on standby.

so we now have a poo potful of "indickertive votes" to run thro the £80,000/year wasters....my god they are going to be a waste of time...they will be voting for ammendments like willy washers on the NHS with a soft brexit..............

the "deal" has been hit by a speeding Scania....backed over several times.....beaten to death by folk with lump hammers.....dipped in acid....set fire to ...................and its still alive and kicking...........i give up

this is the sort of persistance and deviousness....shown when claiming their expenses...........

The demos are mildly amusing, as if they seriously expect 17.4m voters to have a change of heart, because the rent a demo mob have turned out.

Obviously they wouldn't want to be compared to the Yellow Vest protesters in France, who appear to be attempting to overturn democracy.

I understand there are some pro-Brexit demos today (lorries going slow on some motorways) and an anti-Brexit march in London tomorrow. I expect to be told the latter is huge, biggest turnout ever etc. But I don't expect to hear very much about the former.

I won't know whether there actually wasn't much of a pro-Brexit turnout, or if there was, but the media chose not to share it... 

Just saw reports that there are over 3 milion signatures on the petition to revoke Article 50  BUT enquires have been made and almost half are from addresses in Europe in general and not from British people.    The FAKE NEWS are reporting this left right and centre but I haven't seen a thing about how Nigels march is progressing.  Says it all really.

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The demos are mildly amusing, as if they seriously expect 17.4m voters to have a change of heart, because the rent a demo mob have turned out.

Obviously they wouldn't want to be compared to the Yellow Vest protesters in France, who appear to be attempting to overturn democracy.

Sky news are actually admitting ...that the number 17.4milion..........has actually gone up ...shown by their limited private poll results