Brexit - merged threads

scouser

40 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Nope, I just thought this thread had become a bit of a point scoring exercise 🙂

couldnt let it go all one way ........ 

btw, gosh- wasn’t the turn out in London rather impressive

Didn’t know you were there to check the Nationality of those taking part? Or is it supposition?

It certainly was. Apparently there were so many people they were still arriving at the square 5 hours after it finished. It's reckoned to be the biggest march of the century. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, JRDS said:

A **** load of foreigners demonstrating in London doesn't change a bloody thing!

Draw a list up of the 'Celebs and so called Politicians' there and every traitorous R......Sole was there that you would expect.

36 minutes ago, JRDS said:

I was reading the comments on an article about the march from people who were on it and they said they didn't hear anyone speaking English, says it all for London the **** hole. 

And some Remainers have the audacity to suggest some Brexiteers are xenophobic Little Englanders, lol

Yes, it could have gone either way.....BUT IT DIDN’T!  😃

Sorry, couldn’t resist. I’m not here for the ‘jest’; I think it’s too serious for that. Whether we stay or go, there are going to be a lot of exceptionally resentful people in the country;  the ( especially political ) ramifications could go on for years. 

If my family ( who normally vote Tory ) don’t vote Tory, like they claim, and don’t vote for any other party, they will cost that party eight votes. But if they all vote for another party they in effect have cost them sixteen! 

Not sure which way I’ll vote yet. 🙂

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

It certainly was. Apparently there were so many people they were still arriving at the square 5 hours after it finished. It's reckoned to be the biggest march of the century. 

It wasn’t just the same folk walking round and round the block then? 🙂

I also read that the woman that created the Brexit petition has had death threats against her. The same for Anna Soubery having to stay away from home. Unbelievable, despicable behavior. There is something wrong with people when they rile against the democratic process and the free speech that we hold so important.

It starts with slagging off and using derisory terms and moves on to hate speech and then death threats. What is wrong with these people?

Edited by oowee

19 minutes ago, JRDS said:

The Leave majority win was 1.7 million not 600,000.

1.26 ( approx) if we want to split hairs- that still leaves 10 mil who didn’t? We will never know exactly the true split without those missing votes will we. 

Hey ho 🙂

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yes, it could have gone either way.....BUT IT DIDN’T!  😃

Sorry, couldn’t resist. I’m not here for the ‘jest’; I think it’s too serious for that. Whether we stay or go, there are going to be a lot of exceptionally resentful people in the country;  the ( especially political ) ramifications could go on for years. 

If my family ( who normally vote Tory ) don’t vote Tory, like they claim, and don’t vote for any other party, they will cost that party eight votes. But if they all vote for another party they in effect have cost them sixteen! 

Not sure which way I’ll vote yet. 🙂

It wasn’t just the same folk walking round and round the block then? 🙂

Come on 226 pages of the same old comments from both sides really is beyond comprehension- was going to say ‘beyond a joke’ , but hate to belittle it

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

I also read that the woman that created the Brexit petition has had death threats against her. The same for Anna Soubery having to stay away from home. Unbelievable, despicable behavior.

I agree it is unacceptable and wrong.  But I would like to see them get deselected or loose their seats at the next election.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

There is something wrong with people when they rile against the democratic process and the free speech that we hold so important.

The biggest opponents of the 'democratic process' are those who are trying to impede the implementation of the democratic referendum.

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

I agree it is unacceptable and wrong.  But I would like to see them get deselected or loose their seats at the next election.

The biggest opponents of the 'democratic process' are those who are trying to impede the implementation of the democratic referendum.

There is no excuse for threats and attacks. These people are the lowest of the low and have no place in our democracy. You only have to look at some of the venom and hate in some of the comments on this thread. They are the thin end of the wedge. 

Just now, oowee said:

There is no excuse for threats and attacks. These people are the lowest of the low and have no place in our democracy. You only have to look at some of the venom and hate in some of the comments on this thread. They are the thin end of the wedge.

I 100% agree.

But deselection or losing their seats at the next election are the correct process to show 'displeasure'.

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

I 100% agree.

But deselection or losing their seats at the next election are the correct process to show 'displeasure'.

👍 Starting with JRM here I hope. He has betrayed his constituency by ignoring our preference the sooner he is removed from office the better. 

12 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

1.26 ( approx) if we want to split hairs- that still leaves 10 mil who didn’t? We will never know exactly the true split without those missing votes will we. 

Hey ho 🙂

The 10million that didn't vote don't count, that's how it works.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Strange how our perceptions differ dependant on which side of the fence we inhabit. Although I can’t condone death threats or violence, I can understand why tempers are running high. I can fully understand the venom and hate. Soubry and those like her are attempting to overturn the democratic process; it is her and those who are doing likewise, whom I regard as the lowest of the low. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

How short the memory of remainers remember the Farage death threats just after the vote?- whilst the treats of this sort etc are unacceptable they have come from both sides, not that you would know with the one sided reporting in most of the main stream press.

1 minute ago, Yellow Bear said:

How short the memory of remainers remember the Farage death threats just after the vote?- whilst the treats of this sort etc are unacceptable they have come from both sides, not that you would know with the one sided reporting in most of the main stream press.

No problem with that. They are unacceptable full stop. The Farage death threats were widely reported at the time. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Starting with JRM here I hope. He has betrayed his constituency by ignoring our preference the sooner he is removed from office the better.

That will be a decision for his constituents.  That's democracy for you.  If he looses the election, I'm sure he will go ........ not hang about for 3 years then ask for another vote!!  🤣

18 minutes ago, oowee said:

I agree mate, no place for threats on either side, although I do understand why there's anger and emotion involved. Whichever side of the argument people are on, I believe politicians have acted disgracefully. 

11 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I agree mate, no place for threats on either side, although I do understand why there's anger and emotion involved. Whichever side of the argument people are on, I believe politicians have acted disgracefully. 

👍 I agree wholeheartedly.