TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

Even better if we could have a list of agreed professions, doctors, dentists, engineers, software designers or whatever were needed for UK plc and the cost of training for the first xyz thousand was met by the state. 

Absolutely,  but NHS more than anything. 

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

Housing, education, and the NHS are all common agenda's where the majority could quickly reach agreement on the need and after a bit of wrangling the means, to achieve it. The missing ingredient is the politicians with the desire and ability to do it.

Do you mean the politicians that just want to use the NHS as a bandwagon to climb on when it suits them?? Same for state school education

2 hours ago, discobob said:

Do you mean the politicians that just want to use the NHS as a bandwagon to climb on when it suits them?? Same for state school education

Interviewer--Let's talk about labour's muddled brexit policy.. 

Labour MP - Yes but the NHS... 

Interviewer--  No, your brexit policy... 

Labour MP - We just want what's best for the NHS... and workers rights blah blah... 

Interviewer-- But are you a remain party? Wha.... 

Labour MP - Its about jobs, and the NHS... 

Interviewer-- Will you answer the question I've asked you? 

Labour MP - Yes!.. NHS. Tories bad! 

21 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

So Liebour are talking about improving worker's rights if they get elected, but are also claiming that it is the EU that are responsible for worker's rights :hmm:

I'm confused is it the EU or our parliament/government that is responsible for our worker rights :hmm:

Not contradictory at all!

Going on the above, I would say the EU are responsible for workers rights and that labour are going to improve them.

Create a new Workers’ Protection Agency working in partnership with HMRC with powers to fine organisations that fail to report their gender pay, publish action plans to reduce pay gaps or take satisfactory measures to close the pay gap;

Increase Statutory Maternity Pay from 9 to 12 months, allowing all working mothers or parents to spend a full year with their new born babies before going back to work;

Give all workers the right to choose working hours that suit them from day one of the job;

Require large employers to introduce a menopause workplace policy to break the stigma associated with the menopause;

Tackle sexual harassment in the workplace;

Enshrine the role of equalities reps in law so they have time and support to protect workers from discrimination.

:good:

Create a new Workers’ Protection Agency working in partnership with HMRC with powers to fine organisations that fail to report their gender pay, publish action plans to reduce pay gaps or take satisfactory measures to close the pay gap;

Increase Statutory Maternity Pay from 9 to 12 months, allowing all working mothers or parents to spend a full year with their new born babies before going back to work;

Give all workers the right to choose working hours that suit them from day one of the job;

And welcome to bankrupt Britain!!

14 minutes ago, discobob said:

Create a new Workers’ Protection Agency working in partnership with HMRC with powers to fine organisations that fail to report their gender pay, publish action plans to reduce pay gaps or take satisfactory measures to close the pay gap

14 minutes ago, discobob said:

And welcome to bankrupt Britain!!

Then they should have paid my wife the same as a man doing the same job and we would not have struggled all those years!

1 minute ago, henry d said:

Then they should have paid my wife the same as a man doing the same job and we would not have struggled all those years!

I fully support that Henry - if your wife and this man done the same work to the same quality etc..then they deserve to be paid the same. I believe that companies shouldn't have pay rates for men and women that are different. However, as what I saw in the forces in regards to racial, I found quite a number of people that were positively promoted due to this policy when there were others who were on my points/time/better reviews. I can only see things like this happening more and more were people are paid more not because of the quality of their work but because of what deemed minority that they are from 😞

30 minutes ago, henry d said:

Going on the above, I would say the EU are responsible for workers rights and that labour are going to improve them.

:good:

Well I would say that your employer is ultimately RESPONSIBLE for workers rights. 

The national GOVERNMENT is responsible for enforcing and if necessary improving those rights. 

The EU then comes along and claims they are the CHAMPIONS of those rights, where they are in no way, shape or form, RESPONSIBLE for the enforcement or improvement of such. 

And Labour, would need to win an election first, before they can break the promise to improve them. 

And, as they have less chance than a snowflake in Trumps underpants, they can indeed, promise what they like. 

Free electric cars, houses, no student fees, 0 carbon in 10 years, money for nothing and your chicks for free.... 

Just now, oowee said:

It simply does not matter what the EU thinks. A member state is free to enhance any standard set by the EU. 

Thank you. The EU has absolutely nothing to do with worker's rights. It's Nations that decide on worker's rights. And the UK's are better than most.

So why are Labour and others spouting that the EU do :hmm: is it subterfuge!