Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Well ive been sent home for 2 weeks as I've developed a cough. Great. 

I hope it turns out to be just 'a cough' as the usual coughs and colds are still around, but in any case, get well soon.

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The NHS has been underfunded for years upon years

It's a difficult one - as it does have a VERY big budget already ..........

30 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I think to date they are handling this terrible time superbly.

History will one day tell us, but from where we are now - I agree with you.

16 minutes ago, old'un said:

Toyota and Nissan to cease all production and secondary suppliers told to stop supplying parts.

Wonder when food suppliers/processors will be told to stop food production?

The big supermarkets are encouraging everyone not to panic buy, but behind closed doors they are bloody loving this it’s like Xmas eve every day, you can cope without nearly everything except food & water.

Edited by blackbird

5 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Anyone know, if you get one of the pneumonia jabs.  If it would prevent this virus turning into pneumonia or not.  Probably a bit dangerous to get a phnumonia jab now but there you go. just asking.

Pneumonia can be either viral or bacterial.  I believe the vaccine protects against most types of bacterial, but not I think viral.  There is an NHS leaflet here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pneumococcal-vaccination/

It doesn't directly answer the question because it doesn't state what type of pneumonia you may get as a consequence of COVID.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The big supermarkets are encouraging everyone not to panic buy, but behind closed doors they are bloody loving this it’s like Xmas eve every day.

Hardly likely as it will have to stop as people realise that they have sufficient and then there is a lack of footfall.

35 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I hope it turns out to be just 'a cough' as the usual coughs and colds are still around, but in any case, get well soon.

I feel fine, just they are having a panic attack as I have heart problems atm. 

The other half and my boy are now getting sent home now. Think I'm going to go paint the garage door 

Forgot to says thanks 👍

Edited by strimmer_13

45 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Anyone know, if you get one of the pneumonia jabs.  If it would prevent this virus turning into pneumonia or not.  Probably a bit dangerous to get a phnumonia jab now but there you go. just asking.

I had the pneumonia  jag a few years ago , then two years ago around this time I got a bad chest infection , it put me in hospital . X Ray's show my right lung had collapsed  a little . It got so bad they put me on the second strongest antibiotic  . It had to be given by a injection . The thing was while I was in hospital . I did not feel to bad .as they say there is two types , viral or bacterial  . I have underlining  problems with  Chronic  Fatigue  Syndrome  . So maybe the pneumonia  jag did help . But I am no Doctor , but I thanked them for what they did .

3 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I had the pneumonia  jag a few years ago , then two years ago around this time I got a bad chest infection , it put me in hospital . X Ray's show my right lung had collapsed  a little . It got so bad they put me on the second strongest antibiotic  . It had to be given by a injection . The thing was while I was in hospital . I did not feel to bad .as they say there is two types , viral or bacterial  . I have underlining  problems with  Chronic  Fatigue  Syndrome  . So maybe the pneumonia  jag did help . But I am no Doctor , but I thanked them for what they did .

Just did a bit of reading on it, Looks like viral . which given its a virus is i guess obvious. The pneumonia is a way it gets you.  Mate rang me said he heard if anyone gets like free flue jabs they are at risk. Thats asthma diabetes. .etc. But if overweight its supposed to be a big risk too. 

1950 cases now 75 died and 72 recovered, its building up .

16 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

1950 cases now 75 died and 72 recovered, its building up

Unfortunately - this is just confirmed tested cases; the vast majority who (probably) have it are not being tested - testing now being only done for the severe cases that require admission as I understand the present situation.  I guess it does prevent scarce resources being used on those (and we hear it is quite a lot) with mild cases.

Edited by JohnfromUK

9 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Unfortunately - this is just confirmed tested cases; the vast majority who (probably) have it are not being tested - testing now being only done for the severe cases that require admission as I understand the present situation.  I guess it does prevent scarce resources being used on those (and we hear it is quite a lot) with mild cases.

There is a lot more cases out there i do not doubt, suppose we just watch the death toll and use the other two as academic.

20 hours ago, Stonepark said:

I put thus on my linkedin several days ago, BoJo has missed the point to manage this ala Singapore and we are on Italian trajectory.

London is a massive international Hub, we have Heathrow Airport with five terminals all going flat out, Gatwick Airport with two terminals, Stanstead Airport, London Luton and London City airport all flying in huge numbers of people from all over the world every day. All the airports feeding travellers into the city by rail and bus links. 

I am genuinely surprised we are not way out in front of Italy