Gun purchase Lockdown

flyeruk

17 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Phone in sick tomorrow and go and get it. Or lose the deal IMO. 

I think there will he road blocks by army by the weekend. Lots of boys are being called up and told they’re deploying now!

There aren’t enough troops to put roadblocks in place. The troops are being used to distribute medical supplies and create temporary medical facilities. 

contact your local firearms office explain situation if they say ok then go if stopped on way or back give then firearms office number this might work ...If not then put on a track suit and jog down over the weekend then get a cramp and let the wife/friend fetch you back home... With your new gun Exercise is good for you .. you know 

6 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Phone in sick tomorrow and go and get it. Or lose the deal IMO. 

I think there will he road blocks by army by the weekend. Lots of boys are being called up and told they’re deploying now!

Lloyd the Reservists will be used to move essential equipment, not man road blocks at this stage.

I think the government have to put through legislation to actually fine/prosecute people for 'unjustifiable' movement - which hasn't happened yet.   As the stricter controls were only announced last night there will likely be declining numbers on the roads on each successive day...the sooner you can get down there the better.

Ring the guy you got it off, and ask him to ring his police firearms dept, explaining his and your possition, they will make the dessision what is to be done, they may go round pick it up from him and you get it off them, when this is all over. Or they may give him a section 7 until he transfers gun or some other dispensation. Best thing you can do i think.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Lloyd the Reservists will be used to move essential equipment, not man road blocks at this stage.

Bloke in our shoot has been called up, and they’ve been briefed that they may need to provide security and man road blocks 😬 but didn’t say when. 

He also said they’re being tasked with building morgues for 40,000.

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

This is the sort of scaremongering that we could do without! Doesn't help anyone, and it's simply and opinion.

Except for the fact the army lads have been briefed on it already... and had it back from the horses mouth so to say... 

They have been told they will need to provide security and man position, just not when. 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Bloke in our shoot has been called up, and they’ve been briefed that they may need to provide security and man road blocks 😬 but didn’t say when. 

He also said they’re being tasked with building morgues for 40,000.

Except for the fact the army lads have been briefed on it already... and had it back from the horses mouth so to say... 

They have been told they will need to provide security and man position, just not when. 

I’ve heard all manner of ‘from the horses mouth’ qualified statements over the last few weeks. I’ll believe it if and when it happens. 
Meanwhile I’ll be going to work; loads of other self employed tradesmen are still working around here. 
My advice to the OP would be to get the seller to ‘sell’ the gun to a RFD for storage until all this is over. 

35 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Ring the guy you got it off, and ask him to ring his police firearms dept, explaining his and your possition, they will make the dessision what is to be done, they may go round pick it up from him and you get it off them, when this is all over. Or they may give him a section 7 until he transfers gun or some other dispensation. Best thing you can do i think.

Devon and Cornwall Constabulary are one and the same.

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’ve heard all manner of ‘from the horses mouth’ qualified statements over the last few weeks. I’ll believe it if and when it happens. 
Meanwhile I’ll be going to work; loads of other self employed tradesmen are still working around here. 
My advice to the OP would be to get the seller to ‘sell’ the gun to a RFD for storage until all this is over. 

Is your work really essential? 

You talk about not spreading fear, but then your going to ignore government advice and carry on going to work? 

They have published a list of who are consider key workers, It’s NHS Staff, those maintaining supply chains, carers and social care staff and those maintaining the essential fabric of the country.