Jump to content
Gerry78

Worried about New season 20/21 ducks

Recommended Posts

Hello lads just wanted opinions I know jumping forward a bit but with no sign of this C-19 getting any easier on the population Any thoughts on the new season being cancelled I know us Fowler’s shoot wild game on foreshore loughs etc And usually alone But Worried about the season starting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is in the lap of the gods. I have just sent off my first payment deposit to cover twelve days from October onwards so hope it will all be over bar the shouting by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Walker570 said:

It is in the lap of the gods. I have just sent off my first payment deposit to cover twelve days from October onwards so hope it will all be over bar the shouting by then.

Yes mate I’ve paid my club insurance but there’s been no membership meeting as off yet due to this virus I hope by September 1st it’s under control 👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have faith.  Italy been hit about as hard as anybody and they are showing signs of the back end of it after 9 weeks or so.  It may be still floating about as all flu germs do but hopefully will have died out by then.  Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Hello lads just wanted opinions I know jumping forward a bit but with no sign of this C-19 getting any easier on the population Any thoughts on the new season being cancelled I know us Fowler’s shoot wild game on foreshore loughs etc And usually alone But Worried about the season starting 

Get a grip !

If we're still locked down in September, ducks will be the last thing any of us will be worried about ..

I think we'll all be making the very most of the sport next season :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last thing on my mind at this time.

Does it really matter if you miss a season on the ducks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be quite honest, I'm more concerned about still having a job in a few months, never mind the ducks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Get a grip !

If we're still locked down in September, ducks will be the last thing any of us will be worried about ..

I think we'll all be making the very most of the sport next season :good:

I am getting a grip that’s why I’m asking views on duck season because if this gets as bad as people are predicting then wel have nothing to look forward too I agree as well people are worried about jobs myself included But hunting a big part of are lives Great for your mental health etc And if the game season cancelled then there will be more jobs lost Sorry if offended anyone My post wasn’t meant too 👍

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Have faith.  Italy been hit about as hard as anybody and they are showing signs of the back end of it after 9 weeks or so.  It may be still floating about as all flu germs do but hopefully will have died out by then.  Fingers crossed.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Get a grip !

If we're still locked down in September, ducks will be the last thing any of us will be worried about ..

I think we'll all be making the very most of the sport next season :good:

👍🏻correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've messaged a local wildfowling club about possibly joining, as I don't think a lot of game shoots will even be around after this. Lots have cancelled next season. 

 

Wildfowl will still be around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will honour the commitments I have made for this coming year, and pay deposits when asked..........I would however not expect them to ask for the balance if there was to be no shooting!

I have/will rejoin my fowling clubs though......this crisis will not last forever, and I want them to still be there when it’s all over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I will honour the commitments I have made for this coming year, and pay deposits when asked..........I would however not expect them to ask for the balance if there was to be no shooting!

I have/will rejoin my fowling clubs though......this crisis will not last forever, and I want them to still be there when it’s all over!

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I will honour the commitments I have made for this coming year, and pay deposits when asked..........I would however not expect them to ask for the balance if there was to be no shooting!

I have/will rejoin my fowling clubs though......this crisis will not last forever, and I want them to still be there when it’s all over!

Absolutely ...lots of scaremongery going on.  A lot of you are not old enough to remember stoppages due to foot and mouth.  Way back when, our car rallying was stopped for a six month period but still continued afterwards, and the same will be with shooting.  This is a nasty one for sure but the world will come through it as it has in all other such occurences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Absolutely ...lots of scaremongery going on.  A lot of you are not old enough to remember stoppages due to foot and mouth.  Way back when, our car rallying was stopped for a six month period but still continued afterwards, and the same will be with shooting.  This is a nasty one for sure but the world will come through it as it has in all other such occurences.

Thanks mate as I said my 1st post was not meant to insult anyone on forum I understand tensions are high at the moment all over the uk And Ireland Re job losses and unfortunately people dying over this virus I’m just holding out a bit of hope that every hunter on this forum has something to hold out for September 1st And hopefully this virus 🦠 gets under control we All can have a great season Good luck 👍👍👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody really know what the outcome will next week let alone in September , I am afraid it will be a case of wait and see , this time last week it was a matter of self isolating , now we are in lock down and and I fear the worst is yet to come , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel things will get better. Im holding out hope for the 1st of Sept its one of the few things thats getting me through all this ****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Manish said:

I feel things will get better. Im holding out hope for the 1st of Sept its one of the few things thats getting me through all this ****

They won't be getting better in the next few weeks, that's for certain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

They won't be getting better in the next few weeks, that's for certain. 

That we all know but we can only make what we can of the situation. I find hope in the upcoming season. My home life is **** and I cant view houses to move out due to this sodding virus but I still have a job and my health so things cant be that bad.

Wait im running low on loo roll!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some people making comments about not paying subs to their clubs just in case..... season is 5 months away yet, but the leases etc will still need to be paid, bills to pay etc.

most clubs are likely to be able to come to some sort of arrangement to help members.

Hopefully we will all be out there and have a far better season than the last one which was my worst ever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, nic said:

some people making comments about not paying subs to their clubs just in case..... season is 5 months away yet, but the leases etc will still need to be paid, bills to pay etc.

most clubs are likely to be able to come to some sort of arrangement to help members.

Hopefully we will all be out there and have a far better season than the last one which was my worst ever

 

Hah!!  BUT your still here to moan about it nic, far better than the alternative. Stay safe my friend:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to pay our subs by the end of July and God willing if I am still here I will pay mime come what may , as I now feel at coming up to 73 my wildfowling seasons left are limited and the hooks are already in place in the garage to hang my boots up :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if there is no shooting for season for 2020/21 I will probably pack up all together, my ticket is due in November but am not sure if I can be bothered to renew and spend subs for clubs etc. where I cant shoot. 

Part of it may be getting older and not wanting to shoot live quarry as much nowadays. 

If I do pack up there will be a small mountain of ITM, Hevishot and bismuth for sale. Watch this space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...