Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JDog suggested Retsdon posts negativity, stating he is one of the worst (although I suspect he means best), and within a few posts Negative equates to Moaner. I suspect we are on the way to making this all about Brexit and Remoaners.

We need to be careful not to cross the line on the B word rules. The cynic in me (is that negative or experience based) wonders if the usual suspects are trying to kill this thread off...

Edited by Raja Clavata
added: in me

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

JDog suggested Retsdon posts negativity, stating he is one of the worst (although I suspect he means best), and within a few posts Negative equates to Moaner. I suspect we are on the way to making this all about Brexit and Remoaners.

We need to be careful not to cross the line on the B word rules. The cynic (is that negative or experience based) wonders if the usual suspects are trying to kill this thread off...

No I mean worst.

Yes Raja you are on the list.

Just now, WalkedUp said:

Also, it is good to see different views. Get out of the echo chamber. All my friends disagree and moan, that’s what makes them great. @Retsdon and I disagree about dog training, but that does not makes his/her view on the subject any less valid or interesting to me. 

Exactly how grown ups are supposed to behave.

For a bit of fun I'd love to see the JDogs "best" top 5 go head to head with his "worst" top 5 😛 

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

For a bit of fun I'd love to see the JDogs "best" top 5 go head to head with his "worst" top 5

For what it's worth, I think it is better to stay away from lists of best and worst people here.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, we agree with some and disagree with others, but starting to 'name, categorise and list' individuals whilst probably meant as a light hearted concept is likely to be taken a bit too seriously.  If you really want to know, take the trouble to read the thread (not a trivial task, I know) and form your own list (and keep it to yourself!)

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

For what it's worth, I think it is better to stay away from lists of best and worst people here.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, we agree with some and disagree with others, but starting to 'name, categorise and list' individuals whilst probably meant as a light hearted concept is likely to be taken a bit too seriously.  If you really want to know, take the trouble to read the thread (not a trivial task, I know) and form your own list (and keep it to yourself!)

I have, and have.......tee hee :lol:........agree, form your own lists.

All the best

22 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree John.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'm not aware of anyone suggesting Cummings should end up in court? That said, the fact that Cummings didn't break the law is not a credible defence in this context.

This isn't about Cummings, it's about our PM doing the right thing, he really has handled this so badly and has now painted himself into a corner somewhat. Do you honestly think there is anyone else in government that Boris would have taken a hit like this for in order to protect?

You're probably right that this is about Brexit, Boris needs Cummings to close out Brexit for him and that's why he's still there.

Please explain why Cummings not breaking the law fails to be A credible defence   please?   asking for a friend.

When did Johnson fail to do the right thing.?

Why do you think, johnson needs Cummings to "o close out Brexit for him"? t

11 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

But nobody, or hardly anybody at least, voted for Corbyn. Not so long ago you were banging on about Parliamentary lies around supporting Brexit, it was a travesty then but apparently OK now? If so, as hypocritical as the the media hounding Cummings on his doorstep.

I'm an Engineer, but I'd systematically take you apart in a court room, I just hope for your sake you never find yourself in front of a professional in court - you'd be toast!

If you think that sir you are a fool! I have been on the winning side in both a court of law and at industrial tribunal, in support of clients in a team with solicitors and barristers, I have been instrumental in both successfully prosecuting cases and winning compensatory awards for clients of over a million pounds.........So I doubt you could “systematically take me apart in a courtroom”........As others have said, you are indeed deluded! 

8 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Yes, move on to give the public, media etc something else we've cocked up. Why stop a winning formula. No time to dwell on previous cock-ups when we have so many to get through.
And when the Covid 19 mine has been exhausted we can start on our Brexit plans. There'll be plenty to cock-up there.

Previous cock ups. Is plural that means you need to give us at least two COCK UPS that actually happened in reality, or were just figments of a vivid imagination some News media stir munger.  Many so we expect a good list,  Pray tell.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Gordon it is about Brexit, you are right, the remoaners want Cummings out of the way before June 12th and the man foolishly loaded the gun and handed it to them 

But none of them  can not shoot for ****, he is going no where.

56 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

If you think that sir you are a fool! I have been on the winning side in both a court of law and at industrial tribunal, in support of clients in a team with solicitors and barristers, I have been instrumental in both successfully prosecuting cases and winning compensatory awards for clients of over a million pounds.........So I doubt you could “systematically take me apart in a courtroom”........As others have said, you are indeed deluded! 

Right on!

39 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I can only presume Raja Clavata drives an open top car!:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm as bent as a ten bob note!

39 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

OH! but you so do care. Denial is difficult to hide, and crouching behind a keyboard wont cut it. It is as plain as the nose on both your faces. 

Ironically, the nature of my reply was worded in order to avoid making a personal insult.

5 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

If think you have it spot on 🤠

Keep the insults coming ladies.

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Keep the insults coming ladies.

I don't respond to the ad hominems. One, I didn't come on this site to make enemies and once insults start being traded, it's going down that route. Two, it's a natural instinct when you can't actually win directly to try and win indirectly. It's human nature.  And the way things are at the moment, anyone whose goal is to defend this government's record and competence is basically completely out of ammunition. The magazine is empty.

So they pick up bricks and throw those instead! Not a worry. :)