Farmboy91

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yep, exactly that.

No, sorry that's ridiculous.

Having to put up with something just because you 'live in the countryside' is stupid.

39 minutes ago, Dougy said:

This really belongs in the joke section, a country "person" moaning about country life. 

Got to be a wind up. 

6 hours ago, Old farrier said:

But it’s unfair on the bin men 

this is a very serious matter and it’s going to be a difficult thing to sort out we need Ditchman to invent a super poooper scooper 

If you'd seen some of the things that your average binman has been covered in , then a bit of horse xxxx is no biggie.

It's put me in mind of a young lad that started a good few years ago , he hadn't yet learned to keep clear of the back of the lorry as the waste was being crushed . (as the waste gets crushed the bags often burst like a balloon and you get blowback ), anyway , he's copped for a blowback full in the face and it filled his mouth , when he told the other loader that he'd had a blowback and he'd had a mouthful,  the other loader asked what it was,   his reply was " I don't know , but it was brown " 😅😅😅.

7 hours ago, Old farrier said:

we need Ditchman to invent a super pooper scooper

Such things exist; In my 'equestrian area', those who tend the horses clean up (daily) all the piles dropped in the fields by the horses grazing there.  I believe it is a good welfare issue reducing the risk of bugs and parasites (e.g. worms) building in the grazing.

https://thedungbeetle.co.uk/

I just find it a bit strange that we have daily rants on local based social media about dog poo, and (in winter) farmers mud on the roads, ....... even grass mowings not cleared by those who mow the grass verges outside their houses ......... but I have never seen a mention of horse poo. 

8 hours ago, Dougy said:

This really belongs in the joke section, a country "person" moaning about country life. 

Got to be a wind up. 

I thought that initially, but now not so sure.

6 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Well I’ve took a lead from this and given the vicar a ear bending about the church clock 

dam thing chimes every hour 

And those damn cows mooing and the sheep baaing and as for my neighbour's cockerel, well, I despair.

Come on Farmboy, lighten up.

OB

@Farmboy91 I can understand that it irritates you, we all have different buttons to push. I dislike deliberate noise pollution but have no problem with manure. It is strange how we all have different sensitivities.

In this situation I would put on my Sunday best, (ask my wife to) bake a cake and go to the stables to try to speak to the ladies. I would explain that it is a nuisance for you that they allow their horses to defecate repeatedly outside your house and ask if there is any way they can reduce it. 

16 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

And those damn cows mooing and the sheep baaing and as for my neighbour's cockerel, well, I despair.

Come on Farmboy, lighten up.

OB

As I've said in other posts, it's the whole attitude of those riding in general, I simply don't find it acceptable.

14 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

@Farmboy91 I can understand that it irritates you, we all have different buttons to push. I dislike deliberate noise pollution but have no problem with manure. It is strange how we all have different sensitivities.

In this situation I would put on my Sunday best, (ask my wife to) bake a cake and go to the stables to try to speak to the ladies. I would explain that it is a nuisance for you that they allow their horses to defecate repeatedly outside your house and ask if there is any way they can reduce it. 

Thanks for your reply, I imagine it would gall on deaf ears but I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Here you go. Fit this!

71cwLM3+mcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks TC, I'll order half a dozen.

Or maybe just two small ones and stick them up my nostrils.

When I have shot near stables I have established a dialogue with the riders/owners and will willingly phone them when setting out to warn them of my shooting plans.

They in return ring me when wishing to pass close by and we have a 10 minute break to allow them not to be possibly thrown from the horse.

Speak to them and see if they are amenable to your requests.

8 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

No, sorry that's ridiculous.

Having to put up with something just because you 'live in the countryside' is stupid.

I think your argument is ridiculous, you need to learn a bit of tolerance for others, if we all follow your school of thought, there'd be nothing left to do because some kill joy would have stopped it all. 

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When I have shot near stables I have established a dialogue with the riders/owners and will willingly phone them when setting out to warn them of my shooting plans.

They in return ring me when wishing to pass close by and we have a 10 minute break to allow them not to be possibly thrown from the horse.

And that's how give and take works 👍

7 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think your argument is ridiculous, you need to learn a bit of tolerance for others, if we all follow your school of thought, there'd be nothing left to do because some kill joy would have stopped it all. 

So if a motorcyclist hit it, and came off, that would be ok in your eyes? 

It is ignorant and intolerant to leave a mess like that outside someone's house for them to clean up. 

You wouldn't leave any other sort of mess outside someone's house would you? Or maybe you would if it was to 'inconvenient' for you to tidy it up. I know I certainly wouldn't.

13 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I can't say for sure it came from the stables down the road, there's a hunt that exercise the horse's nearby too. But yes, if happily try and explain why I find it an issue. Probably would be better to catch them in the act then try and have the conversation as I wouldn't want to talk to the wrong person. 

16 hours ago, Mice! said:

I was expecting something disgusting! But it's just horse poo, what next the cockerel in the morning or the cows mooing. 

Across from us there is a (former) farm, they now just do reclamation and plants - and rare breed chickens and they have a cockerel for each breed - its a badger (ad - ug) when the nightly tinkle happens at the wrong time with them trying to outdo each other or when I am having a bout of insomnia - it's nearly on par with the wife's 50 shades of snoring that she does :)

Last week I was doing some cutting out front when a lad (late teens with a beard) on a bike, with two bottles of corona lager in his hands spun round on our drive (now don't get me started on that 🤬) and went back down the lane. I thought that was weird and went up and looked down the lane. I then realized the 2 bottles had actually started out as a 10 pack as the rest was all smashed on the tarmac about 100 yards down and there is no pavement on the lane - which is also a public footpath. I then went and got a yard brush and walked down. The guy who lives right by it came in, screwed about to be able to get into his gate and I thought he will come out to clear it - nada. 

On the way down a young lad came out of an entry and started heading that way and I stopped him and was talking to him and said some idiot, at which point his dad came out of the entry and was ready to attack me as he thought I had called his lad an idiot but then I pointed out what I was actually on about. He did come to me later and apologised for his actions hey ho.

It took me 20 minutes to clear the road of the glass and a number of people went by both on foot and car and not one helped although two did thank me (one was a dog walker)

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:
1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

So if a motorcyclist hit it, and came off, that would be ok in your eyes?

Id like to think a big old pile of horse poop was visible enough to miss. 

Honestly think in 2020 we have bigger issues than horse poo

5 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Id like to think a big old pile of horse poop was visible enough to miss. 

Honestly think in 2020 we have bigger issues than horse poo

As I said above, the road isn't exactly wide enough to start doing a slalom round it.

This time next year I'd imagine covid-19 will be past and then all the little things like this, that have been let slide because we have other things to worry about will still be there and no doubt worse.

5 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Farmboy, how about starting a business erecting Horse toilets close to livery yards. ??? 

Did you find the culprit that dropped this ? or are you still looking ???

IMG-20200720-WA0002.jpg

I'm pretty sure you, like all the others who have berated me over this were to be greeted by that outside the front of your house 4/5/6 times a week you'd soon change your opinion. 

Even if I wanted to I don't think I could physically clear it away myself and I certainly wouldn't risk straining myself trying. 

I can't see how a picture taken on a field has any relevance to this?

lol reminds me of when i was a wee lad and on the weekly visit to our estate/street of the horse drawn scrap cart . 

if the horse pooped in our street my dad used to send me out bucket and shovel in hand to collect it " FOR THE GARDEN"  i never used to bat an eyelid and from what i remember used to wait to hear the scrapman ringing his hand bell and stand watching for  his horse to come along or street and be a bit disapointed  if it didn,t poop