NHS tracing message

strimmer_13

It would seam that its the tracking and tracing that is not the problem but more the fact that people are too think or just don't give a ****!

A survey (i can't find now) show that about 49% of those asked didn't know the symptoms of covid. and only 20% got tested when they had been identified as being in contact with someone that had tested positive and only around 11% isolated. 

3 hours ago, bluesj said:

A survey (i can't find now) show that about 49% of those asked didn't know the symptoms of covid. and only 20% got tested when they had been identified as being in contact with someone that had tested positive and only around 11% isolated. 

As far as im aware you don't get tested if you've been in contact with someone who has covid. You self isolate for 14 days, if then you show symptoms - you get tested. 

The only way we are going to beat this virus is with an aggressive track and trace system until we have built up some level of herd immunity. The same was true at times of other plagues like the black death.

The app is the best and most effective way of achieving this. I fully understand peoples wish to remain independent of state monitoring, however, realistically with cctv, mobile phones and credit cards how many of you were roaming anonymously before Covid-19.

I hate it as much as the rest but for the greater good and in the hope aggressive track and trace measures allows our liberties to be open and remain open I have downloaded the app.

Both OH’s sisters are in isolation now! One in Sheffield the other in Leeds.
The former is in school admin’, and it was an IT maintenance bloke whom closed down an entire school! 
The other is due to her daughter sitting next to an infected pupil in school. The daughter already had tonsillitis so perhaps shouldn’t have been in school anyhow, but she isn’t now! 

21 hours ago, zipdog said:

The only way we are going to beat this virus is with an aggressive track and trace system until we have built up some level of herd immunity. The same was true at times of other plagues like the black death.

How does bring told yo lock yourself away, just because you were near someone who had it and there's a slim chance you might get it, help develop herd immunity?

4 hours ago, treetree said:

How does bring told yo lock yourself away, just because you were near someone who had it and there's a slim chance you might get it, help develop herd immunity?

Have you ever heard of the saying if you started with one grain of rice on a chessboard, and doubled for ever square, by time you got to the last square there wouldn’t be enough grains of rice in the world!

While we need herd immunity we must do it in a way that doesn’t overwhelm health resources and therefore in a way which the virus doesn’t trasnmit across the population too quickly. This is why when the R rate is 1 or less no-one cares as every person only infects one other person. When the R rate exceeds 1, maybe increases to 2, the situation soon escalates far beyond control, just like the grains of rice on the chessboard. 

7 hours ago, zipdog said:

Have you ever heard of the saying if you started with one grain of rice on a chessboard, and doubled for ever square, by time you got to the last square there wouldn’t be enough grains of rice in the world!

While we need herd immunity we must do it in a way that doesn’t overwhelm health resources and therefore in a way which the virus doesn’t trasnmit across the population too quickly. This is why when the R rate is 1 or less no-one cares as every person only infects one other person. When the R rate exceeds 1, maybe increases to 2, the situation soon escalates far beyond control, just like the grains of rice on the chessboard. 

So, I get a message that somebody I was stood close to has tested positive - now have to self isolate because I am in a band of people that will have to pay £4k, along with Wife and kids. End of self-isolation and a week goes by - bang the wife has the same - back into self isolation - ad infinitum...

Meanwhile back in February it turns out that the sniffle and mild cough that I had was actually Covid and we all had it and now carry the antibodies (I didn't - but you must get where I am coming from) or we had it with no symptoms at all...

What I am saying is that we need a comprehensive test for both positive and anti-bodies - not a test that from what I have read (PCH?) gives inaccurate results because of the amount of spins they have to give a sample to get a positive, which also increases the false positives from having previous corona based viruses. And I am only saying this because I feel our government have themselves backed into a corner and this will be the only way out of it for all of us.....

49 minutes ago, discobob said:

So, I get a message that somebody I was stood close to has tested positive - now have to self isolate because I am in a band of people that will have to pay £4k, along with Wife and kids. End of self-isolation and a week goes by - bang the wife has the same - back into self isolation - ad infinitum...

Meanwhile back in February it turns out that the sniffle and mild cough that I had was actually Covid and we all had it and now carry the antibodies (I didn't - but you must get where I am coming from) or we had it with no symptoms at all...

What I am saying is that we need a comprehensive test for both positive and anti-bodies - not a test that from what I have read (PCH?) gives inaccurate results because of the amount of spins they have to give a sample to get a positive, which also increases the false positives from having previous corona based viruses. And I am only saying this because I feel our government have themselves backed into a corner and this will be the only way out of it for all of us.....

I understand where you’re coming from. I’ve had this discussion with others.

My son tested negative a week ago when it was discovered a fellow student had tested positive. He’s now in his second week of isolation and has lost his sense of smell and taste, so now he has to isolate for a further 14 days and have another test then. 
If my OH is told someone at work has shown signs or tested positive, then we’re both in isolation for 14 days, after which we both go back to work, where someone else tests positive, and hey presto we’re banged up again!

😀

11 hours ago, discobob said:

100% an accurate test would help the job a lot.

My sister had same message she hasn't been un the uk since December and she lives in Thailand?? But of a text message lottery if u ask me. Because there is no chance of her bumping into some contagious ****** in tesco and when she asked the NHS tracking thing don't cover Thailand. 

33 minutes ago, Deker said:

yep I got the text along with missus who is a GP so no way we can install it otherwise we'll be on permanent isolation due to her job

I thought GP’s were on permanent isolation 😅. I don’t think our local GP has seen anybody in person since March. 
My wife got a call they other day saying that they couldn’t reissue a repeat prescription until they had seen her for an asthma assessment. Then rang back and said could they do the assessment over the phone! 

6 minutes ago, AVB said:

I thought GP’s were on permanent isolation 😅. I don’t think our local GP has seen anybody in person since March. 
My wife got a call they other day saying that they couldn’t reissue a repeat prescription until they had seen her for an asthma assessment. Then rang back and said could they do the assessment over the phone! 

haha yeah my workload went up a LOT when that happened, there was no support for any working from home for the GPs, fortunately the company I work for allowed me to help out with the IT.

Edited by Deker