Tier 5

Walker570

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Supermarkets are one of the biggest spreading places.

Maybe we should all stay out of Supermarkets.

I seen a woman in her 70s in the supermarket during the first lockdown tutting at people who were 'too close' to her.......she was in the queue with a single tub of pringles.

Surely if she was that bothered by it she should have stayed home.

2 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

I seen a woman in her 70s in the supermarket during the first lockdown tutting at people who were 'too close' to her.......she was in the queue with a single tub of pringles.

Surely if she was that bothered by it she should have stayed home.

AAHHH  but once you POP, you cant STOP! 

Its got to the point where the Govt hasn't got a clue how to deal with this. its out of control. Queens Hospital which is a hub hospital for pretty much everywhere. is closed, Whipps Cross the next biggest is also closed to new patients.

Tier4,5,6,7,8,9 what does it matter its rife. There is no way of controlling it mainly because we won't do as we are told. And that is something the Govt, police. God has no real control over.

A total lockdown would again slow its progress like it did before but a second full lockdown is not feasible, financially or ethically.

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Whatever tier we are in , or heading for , I don't think we will be in a lower one anytime soon , these higher tier's will carry on until a large part of the country have had the long awaited jab and that won't be for a while , me and my wife are in the 70s and no sign of a phone call yet  .

We will be locked down so tight we wont be able to go for the jab. 

My PCT which covers 9 health center's has not yet received any vaccine from the NHS to distribute. 

2 hours ago, treetree said:

Lockdowns don't work. The sort of lockdown you are advocating seems to be to isolate yourself from life. You can feel free to do so, but don't expect others to follow.

What a thoroughly depressing way to live your life. 

Well there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We will be locked down so tight we wont be able to go for the jab. 

My PCT which covers 9 health center's has not yet received any vaccine from the NHS to distribute. 

My doctor is jabbing away like mad but apparently a lot are holding back for the Oxford vaccine because it will be easier to roll out. The doctors get paid £15 per jab so £30 per patient. A nice little earner if they can do 1000 a day so they want the quicker vaccine

Edited by Vince Green

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

My doctor is jabbing away like mad but apparently a lot are holding back for the Oxford vaccine because it will be easier to roll out. The doctors get paid £15 per jab so £30 per patient. A nice little earner if they can do 1000 a day so they want the quicker vaccine

Apparently the trusts get it based on NHS priority. My trust does not have any to get jabbing. 

12 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Supermarkets are one of the biggest spreading places.

Maybe we should all stay out of Supermarkets.

I can well imagine that because of the number of people who go, but also people are still wandering around picking things up, looking at three packs of the same thing before moving on.

Plus are they still washing their hands when they get home or have they got bored and stopped? We've never gone as far as washing packaging etc, but we still wash our hands on arriving home and after putting things away.

The most important thing is that we all take responsibility for our our hygiene. Since June I have been going about my work which involves going into many homes in public sector housing. I know from test and trace requirements to self isolate twice in that time that I have come into contact with positive cases. I have not contracted any virus. One of my daughters has worked throughout as a senior nurse in a trauma orthopaedic ward, many of the injured patients being admitted to her ward have been tested and found to be positive, nothing to do with their reason for being admitted to hospital, so on a daily basis she has worked on a ward with positive COVID patients. Out of 20 staff nurses on her ward only 3 have not had COVID and she is one. She has been diligent in her hygiene regime not wanting to bring it into her household. 
The important reality is to keep sanitising and washing hands. Keep distance. Wear a face covering to respect those around you.

Don’t allow this pandemic to rule you lives, just learn how to avoid infection.

22 hours ago, Jonty said:

It’s fine if your trip goes without incident, but if you do require help, and it’s well documented at the moment that lots of walkers are requiring help or having accidents out on the hill, then it does expose a lot of locals to the potential risk of exposure to COVID, or vice versa.  There’s also a lot of people heading out into the countryside who wouldn’t normally do so, which is increasing their chances of needing direct help, putting them in direct contact within rescuers etc in situations where it is difficult to have hospital levels of PPE.

BUT...you only hear about the very occasional incidence blown up by media don't you ?

So the majority have to suffer.  The authoriites have had twelve months to boost the NHS and failed . They are 11000 beds short anyway due to some seriously bad mangement.  Retired Drs now being asked to fill in reams of questions before being able to help so don't bother and of course these reams of sheets of paper are being sifted by absolutely useless mangement who have no input into actually servicing the patients.   The Police Forces have gone the same way with the introduction of Uni Degree students for fast track advancement. In 30yurs in the force I never saw a police force, not least a major police force go into special measures and the Chief Contstable 'retire'  you note 'retire' not sacked or he couldn't draw his pension.   The Civil Service is about the same and Priti Patel has just thrown a bomb in there and oh the weeping and wailing. 

AND we are all paying for this don't you know.

Edited by Walker570

22 hours ago, 243deer said:

Tier 27a is being planned now. It will be 100% effective and see us covid free in 3 months. It will include closing all ports and all shops so you need to start panic buying at least 1000 toilet rolls and 4 freezers each to tide you over.

It is time to get on as nothing has worked so far and it will be years before there are enough vaccines, assuming it does not mutate again.

Like the common cold and flu this may just be something we all have to live with

Correct 100%   Get used to it because it ain't going away. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

BUT...you only hear about the very occasional incidence blown up by media don't you ?

The media do tend to focus on the shocker stories.  But, as a MR team member, our team has responded to over 70 incidents since March.  There’s another 48 teams  in England and Wales all reporting similar feedback. Many of our shouts were very avoidable and many were also people in breach of the COVID rules RE travel.  With little else open, more and more people started heading out into the hills under the auspice of ‘I’m out in the fresh air what harm can it do ? - unfortunately whilst dressed and equipped as they would have been for the trip they were missing to Nando’s or the Trafford Centre.

Even in the cases of well equipped people who have just simply had an accident, general treatment may involve spending time in an emergency shelter with them, providing aerosol generating treatments and stretchering them off  the hill  (8 people to a 2m long stretcher) - this is all done in often less than ideal situations and usually where the PPE protection levels that you would find in a hospital are either not attainable or less effective due to weather conditions etc.

I’m not having a moan, as volunteers, we can all say no, and sometimes I do. But, I simply wanted to flag that the answer to the question ‘what is the harm in driving 100 miles to spend time outside?’ Isn’t as clear cut as you may think. 

On 29/12/2020 at 20:07, 243deer said:

Tier 27a is being planned now. It will be 100% effective and see us covid free in 3 months. It will include closing all ports and all shops so you need to start panic buying at least 1000 toilet rolls and 4 freezers each to tide you over.

It is time to get on as nothing has worked so far and it will be years before there are enough vaccines, assuming it does not mutate again.

Like the common cold and flu this may just be something we all have to live with

2 hours ago, Jonty said:

The media do tend to focus on the shocker stories.  But, as a MR team member, our team has responded to over 70 incidents since March.  There’s another 48 teams  in England and Wales all reporting similar feedback. Many of our shouts were very avoidable and many were also people in breach of the COVID rules RE travel.  With little else open, more and more people started heading out into the hills under the auspice of ‘I’m out in the fresh air what harm can it do ? - unfortunately whilst dressed and equipped as they would have been for the trip they were missing to Nando’s or the Trafford Centre.

Even in the cases of well equipped people who have just simply had an accident, general treatment may involve spending time in an emergency shelter with them, providing aerosol generating treatments and stretchering them off  the hill  (8 people to a 2m long stretcher) - this is all done in often less than ideal situations and usually where the PPE protection levels that you would find in a hospital are either not attainable or less effective due to weather conditions etc.

I’m not having a moan, as volunteers, we can all say no, and sometimes I do. But, I simply wanted to flag that the answer to the question ‘what is the harm in driving 100 miles to spend time outside?’ Isn’t as clear cut as you may think. 

Have no doubt, I admire your skills and tenacity. Unfortunately regarding clothes etc you cannot cure stupid.  How many of those you hauled off the hillside tested positive when they arrived at the hospital?

23 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I read it was £12.58 per jab. So how does that work is that the actual cost of administering the vaccine, in which case I would like to see the breakdown of it, or is there an element of profit for the GP in there? As you say there is a lot of money to be made dishing it out. Any of our resident GP’s on here have the facts?  

Like the common cold and flu this may just be something we all have to live with.

There is a vaccine for the flu, that helps us live with it. The cold is different not serious and there are around 200 different viruses that cause it,  difficult to make a vaccine for that. As for mutations the new RNA  vaccines can be changed quickly up keep up with changes in the virus's.  I have no doubt if it can be brought to the same levels as the flu with the help of the vaccine, than it will be treated the same as the flu. PS Some should think of a job at the Samaritan's they are looking for glass half full type people with a positive attitude. 

Edited by ordnance

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Have no doubt, I admire your skills and tenacity. Unfortunately regarding clothes etc you cannot cure stupid.  How many of those you hauled off the hillside tested positive when they arrived at the hospital?

Aye, there is a fair bit of tongue biting goes on sometimes.  RE the covid tests, I really can’t say on privacy grounds.

What about 3 especially chartered  plane loads of PPE back in April ,that wasn't suitable to be used? What cost and ,Who got their *** fired ?

New strain discovered in London and home Counties , so we are going to lock you all down in 36 hours. ??? Mass exodus of 'new' strain carriers dispersing it to other parts of the country . Great idea!

If you care to look at the ONS stats for the last quarter of 2019 , there were nearly 9000 more deaths than the previous year, which was totally against the trend of declining deaths in the last quarter of every year since 2000.  NOW I WONDER WHAT CAUSED THAT?  

On average 1687 people die every day in the uk, yearly 616000. (ref ONS). Just for ref;

You cant be responsible to drive a car after a few pints , because your judgement is considered to be possibly impaired. But , you can go to the local, and have a skin full and be trusted not to break the social distancing rules? Yeah , right.

Rant over , sorry guys !  Had enough .

10 hours ago, AVB said:

I read it was £12.58 per jab. So how does that work is that the actual cost of administering the vaccine, in which case I would like to see the breakdown of it, or is there an element of profit for the GP in there? As you say there is a lot of money to be made dishing it out. Any of our resident GP’s on here have the facts?  

GPs get paid a fixed amount for any extra services they provide outside their contract. For the flu jab it was £15 a time

Edited by Vince Green

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

GPs get paid a fixed amount for any extra services they provide outside their contract. For the flu jab it was £15 a time

And apparently it’s £22.58 for administering the covid vaccine to patients in care homes.