covid has caught me.

mel b3

covid 19 daily update from tipton.

its a short one today guys , im just shattered.

had a good night sleep , with the help of night nurse.

got up this morning feeling relatively ok , i came downstairs and made two cups of coffee , and thats where i ran out of energy , im still sitting in the chair in my dressing gown , and i cant even find the strength to have a shower . im pretty hungry today , but im desperately craving junk food , im guessing thats a good thing.

lins just got back from work and crashed in the chair , shes still feeling a bit sick , but mainly just tired.

no news from my sister today , but im taking it that , no news , is good news. so thats todays winner :yahoo:.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

covid19 daily update from tipton.

GREAT SUCCESS !!!

for the first time in a week , im wearing pants and socks, and i was able to brush all of my teeth ,  . im a winner :yahoo:.

following my crash yesterday morning , i slept in the chair for hours . i woke up at around teatime ish , and the feeling of being ill had almost completely left me , i still felt physically damaged , but i didnt feel ill.:yahoo:

i had a very good night sleep (with the help of a small amount of nightnurse) , and woke up this morning feeling pretty damned good . i still have the two bob bits , and a slight temperature , so i know that im not completely better , but my immediate death hasn't crossed my mind for almost 24 hours , so im sure that im well on the mend :yahoo:.

wednesday is weigh day , so lin and myself hopped on the scales this morning  , lin has lost 4lb (weight that she really didnt have to lose) , and ive lost 7lb . that just goes to show that the covid weight loss plan really does work  :yahoo:

something that this week has made me realize , is that covid isnt just a bad cold , covid physically damages you .  covid19 only brushed passed me , and left me feeling like i was going to die , i can only feel massive sympathy for the people that its really grabbed hold of. i no longer have the feeling of being ill , but my body feels like the time that i dumped my motorbike at 80mph , every fibre of my body feels damaged , and i have that smell in my nose(you know that smell you get when you injure yourself).

lins condition has worsened slightly , and shes having a day in front of the tv , and im looking after her today , with a bit of luck , shell be feeling better in a few days , or my my cooking may put us both in hospital :lol:.

my sister is still in hospital , but shes off oxygen , and is eating and drinking . hopefully , shell be well enough to come home soon.

thank you to everyone for your concern , and for the advice , and offers of help . its nice to know that people still care  :good:

11 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

covid19 daily update from tipton.

GREAT SUCCESS !!!

for the first time in a week , im wearing pants and socks, and i was able to brush all of my teeth ,  . im a winner :yahoo:.

following my crash yesterday morning , i slept in the chair for hours . i woke up at around teatime ish , and the feeling of being ill had almost completely left me , i still felt physically damaged , but i didnt feel ill.:yahoo:

i had a very good night sleep (with the help of a small amount of nightnurse) , and woke up this morning feeling pretty damned good . i still have the two bob bits , and a slight temperature , so i know that im not completely better , but my immediate death hasn't crossed my mind for almost 24 hours , so im sure that im well on the mend :yahoo:.

wednesday is weigh day , so lin and myself hopped on the scales this morning  , lin has lost 4lb (weight that she really didnt have to lose) , and ive lost 7lb . that just goes to show that the covid weight loss plan really does work  :yahoo:

something that this week has made me realize , is that covid isnt just a bad cold , covid physically damages you .  covid19 only brushed passed me , and left me feeling like i was going to die , i can only feel massive sympathy for the people that its really grabbed hold of. i no longer have the feeling of being ill , but my body feels like the time that i dumped my motorbike at 80mph , every fibre of my body feels damaged , and i have that smell in my nose(you know that smell you get when you injure yourself).

lins condition has worsened slightly , and shes having a day in front of the tv , and im looking after her today , with a bit of luck , shell be feeling better in a few days , or my my cooking may put us both in hospital .

my sister is still in hospital , but shes off oxygen , and is eating and drinking . hopefully , shell be well enough to come home soon.

thank you to everyone for your concern , and for the advice , and offers of help . its nice to know that people still care  :good:

Day 10 the turning point for you too then? 

14 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

Day 10 the turning point for you too then? 

Pretty much bang on . I really Pity the poor people that get a really bad dose of covid19 , or folks that are less robust , I'm built to take a hammering,  and it's given me a right good beating.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Pretty much bang on . I really Pity the poor people that get a really bad dose of covid19 , or folks that are less robust , I'm built to take a hammering,  and it's given me a right good beating.

Luckily it’s “only a cold and most people don’t die so it’s not really worth worrying about.” I hope some people take it more seriously now they’ve read your account of how it can get hold of you. It’s a nasty virus that I really don’t want to get!! 
hope you both recover quickly, all the best, Medic. 

Hope your getting there Mel, I haven't been on here lately, went back to work last week managed an hour before it was like someone had pulled the power cord out. I just felt the energy draining away. Not a problem if I wasn't on the back of my truck as the next thing I know the lads are slapping me round the face. I passed out and just missed the 1 ton pipe rack I had on the back. One of them said I saw you swaying from side to side then you just went and your head missed that rack by inches. 

Back at home now. and they don't want me back until I am 100% the boss gave me a right rollicking all he cares about is his insurance. Wife took a good look at me when they dropped me home. pinched the skin on the back of my hand and it stayed up. Sure sign of dehydration apparently. I am now pretty busted up from hitting the truck bed.

Anyway Mel take my advice mate even if you feel ok like I did don't risk it. Give it another week.

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

Hope your getting there Mel, I haven't been on here lately, went back to work last week managed an hour before it was like someone had pulled the power cord out. I just felt the energy draining away. Not a problem if I wasn't on the back of my truck as the next thing I know the lads are slapping me round the face. I passed out and just missed the 1 ton pipe rack I had on the back. One of them said I saw you swaying from side to side then you just went and your head missed that rack by inches. 

Back at home now. and they don't want me back until I am 100% the boss gave me a right rollicking all he cares about is his insurance. Wife took a good look at me when they dropped me home. pinched the skin on the back of my hand and it stayed up. Sure sign of dehydration apparently. I am now pretty busted up from hitting the truck bed.

Anyway Mel take my advice mate even if you feel ok like I did don't risk it. Give it another week.

That's not sounding too good at all ,  I hope things start getting better for you soon mate.

I'd already got next week off work (as I'd worked all over Christmas ), I was hoping that I'd be doing a bit of shooting,  but the best laid plans and all that 😕

But on a slightly better note, I went to bed last around 10 slept all the way through to 7 when my bladder woke me up back to bed then carried on sleeping till midday and I felt pretty damn fine all day. Took the pooch out for a walk with no incident. Sleep seems to be the way forward and lots of it.

Edited by fatchap

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how are you doing Mel, ?

Morning Gordon. 

Feeling pretty great today thanks mate , I've still got a slight covid hangover , but I'm itching to get out for a bit of exercise now.

I'm not sure on Lins condition at the moment as she's still asleep,  in fact,  she's slept for most of the last 24 hours , so hopefully that'll help her . 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Morning Gordon. 

Feeling pretty great today thanks mate , I've still got a slight covid hangover , but I'm itching to get out for a bit of exercise now.

I'm not sure on Lins condition at the moment as she's still asleep,  in fact,  she's slept for most of the last 24 hours , so hopefully that'll help her . 

Hello, that sounds like good news, let's hope Lin will wake up feeling better to, 👍