Blaming BREXIT

WalkedUp

Heard on the radio today, unemployment is falling and wages are going up across the board. 

This is exactly the type of benefits I voted for when voting for Brexit and shows the remainiacs were lying the whole time. 

I wonder if any of the remoaners will admit they were wrong. The worst we've faced (other than NI situation caused by Treasonous disMay, with her surrender treaty) is a few shortages, which the rest of Europe and some of the world have faced anyway, very much suggesting it has far more to do with Covid 19 than brexit. 

I'm usually anything but a smug person but after 5 years of being called racist, thick, xenophobic, little englander (insert slur here _______), I'm going to enjoy the fact the remoaners were totally wrong. 

Ps.

By remoaners, I don't mean those who voted remain, just the ones who after they lost, refused to except democracy and were abusive to brexiteers in their attempts to stop the largest mandate ever handed to government from the people. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On one extreme you have those who claim all positives are attributable to Brexit and deny any negative impact, on the other extreme you have those that claim every negative is due to Brexit and every positive would be more positive if Brexit didn't happen. The truth lies somewhere in between. Personally I couldn't care a less, what is done is done and what will be will be, or as is increasingly said around these parts - it is what it is...

30 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

On one extreme you have those who claim all positives are attributable to Brexit and deny any negative impact, on the other extreme you have those that claim every negative is due to Brexit and every positive would be more positive if Brexit didn't happen. The truth lies somewhere in between. Personally I couldn't care a less, what is done is done and what will be will be, or as is increasingly said around these parts - it is what it is...

And just to add to the above;

Get on with it.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

The truth lies somewhere in between.

Brexit, cannot and will not address some of the issues in the UK has, namely, we put up with appallingly bad infrastructure and public official incompetence despite some of the highest levels of taxation in Europe.

It does remove us from the oncoming wheelie-bin-fire that is a Federal Europe.  Worth it.

Some of the worst parts of Brexit can be laid squarely at the government, with the rest the EU acting in bad faith to attempt to punish us.

None of that makes Brexit a bad idea, but the execution is shonky, at best.  Those who insist on reducing it to 'Actions have consequences' and 'we tried to warn you' are in my view just reducing a complex situation into slogans and can safely be ignored.

@Markus, if memory serves, you're in Sweden?  How do you feel about the inevitable replacement of the SEK with the EUR?  

1 minute ago, udderlyoffroad said:

@Markus, if memory serves, you're in Sweden?  How do you feel about the inevitable replacement of the SEK with the EUR?  

Probably the same way he feels about mass immigration turning suburbs into no go zones, and various foreign gangs lobbing grenades at each other nearly every other day... he would maybe call it progress ?

Grenade attacks over the past few years.

image.png.da7f06eec99920e9d869501ce92bfdac.png

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Probably the same way he feels about mass immigration turning suburbs into no go zones, and various foreign gangs lobbing grenades at each other nearly every other day... he would maybe call it progress ?

Grenade attacks over the past few years.

image.png.da7f06eec99920e9d869501ce92bfdac.png

🤷‍♂️  the price of progress 🤦‍♂️

22 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Brexit, cannot and will not address some of the issues in the UK has, namely, we put up with appallingly bad infrastructure and public official incompetence despite some of the highest levels of taxation in Europe.

It does remove us from the oncoming wheelie-bin-fire that is a Federal Europe.  Worth it.

Some of the worst parts of Brexit can be laid squarely at the government, with the rest the EU acting in bad faith to attempt to punish us.

None of that makes Brexit a bad idea, but the execution is shonky, at best.  Those who insist on reducing it to 'Actions have consequences' and 'we tried to warn you' are in my view just reducing a complex situation into slogans and can safely be ignored.

Brexit is a result of populism and populism is built on slogans.

13 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Brexit is a result of populism and populism is built on slogans.

Nope brexit is a result of a country that was no longer working for ordinary people up and down the length of the country. 

Its now come to pass that what the brexiteers said which was rubbished at the time. Like wages being driven down by cheap foreign labour was true all along. 

That's actual quantifiable fact, not empty slogans!

20 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Nope brexit is a result of a country that was no longer working for ordinary people up and down the length of the country. 

Its now come to pass that what the brexiteers said which was rubbished at the time. Like wages being driven down by cheap foreign labour was true all along. 

the SAME cheap labour gump and co are handing visas to get them back here let’s have it real 

12Guage82 - Great wages are rising (not seen any proof btw the Daily Mail ought to be printed on toilet tissue😂), that'll fuel inflation and your ordinary working people, and I presume you count yourself as one of them, will be worse off.

As udderleyoffroad posted above this isn't a binary good/bad or black/white situation.   The country voted and the elected political party instructed the government apparatus to get it done.   Some bits are great, less interference from Brussels unelected bureaucrats for example, other bits are less good like we are no longer part of a trading bloc with seamless borders for trade.

Most likely it will be some years before we discover, if ever' if Brexit was good for the country as the whole world went suddenly wonky as the effects of the pandemic started to bite.    Global supply chains were broken and many still are with causes that reach far beyond Brexit.

Edited by Cosmicblue

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

the SAME cheap labour gump and co are handing visas to get them back here let’s have it real 

Yeah short term to minimise disruption. 

But that's the point, if there was an area that needs particular support, we can decide to plug it with foreign labour, or not. So thanks for proving another leave pledge, Its called taking back control! 

Edited by 12gauge82

1 hour ago, Cosmicblue said:

12Guage82 - Great wages are rising (not seen any proof btw the Daily Mail ought to be printed on toilet tissue😂), that'll fuel inflation and your ordinary working people, and I presume you count yourself as one of them, will be worse off.

As udderleyoffroad posted above this isn't a binary good/bad or black/white situation.   The country voted and the elected political party instructed the government apparatus to get it done.   Some bits are great, less interference from Brussels unelected bureaucrats for example, other bits are less good like we are no longer part of a trading bloc with seamless borders for trade.

Most likely it will be some years before we discover, if ever' if Brexit was good for the country as the whole world went suddenly wonky as the effects of the pandemic started to bite.    Global supply chains were broken and many still are with causes that reach far beyond Brexit.

It doesn't happen overnight does it, but could it be that you don't want to admit you were wrong with your remoaning predictions. 

No one has posted a single serious consequence as yet, which I find surprising, because even as a staunch brexiteer, I was expecting at least some disruption considering all the ridiculous predictions that the remainiacs were making. 

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

What are you on about...

Foreigners were apparently stealing our jobs, the foreigners have left and now nobody wants the jobs, empty shelves and chaos on the forecourt. Prices on everything are going up. Where are the adjustments to ordinary wages. 

As I said recently, inflation is the elephant in the room here, try telling your mortgage company that you're going through a rough period but just hang on it'll all be OK in the end and they'll get their money.

13 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What are you on about...

Foreigners were apparently stealing our jobs, the foreigners have left and now nobody wants the jobs, empty shelves and chaos on the forecourt. Prices on everything are going up. Where are the adjustments to ordinary wages. 

As I said recently, inflation is the elephant in the room here, try telling your mortgage company that you're going through a rough period but just hang on it'll all be OK in the end and they'll get their money.

Please don't put words into my mouth, foreign labour was absolutely driving down the wages of many jobs in the UK, the result of which is many UK workers were rightly not prepared to do them for the amount they would be paid for. With the cheap foreign work force now leaving, simple market forces will rightly push those wages back to where they should be, the recent discussion on hgv driving is a perfect example. But then I'm sure your not really naive and knew all that already, you just don't want to admit it. 

21 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What are you on about...

When you say “empty shelves” empty of what?

I for one would like to see interest rates move up, might get some return on my saving then.

Edited by old'un

26 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

No one has posted a single serious consequence as yet, which I find surprising, because even as a staunch brexiteer, I was expecting at least some disruption considering all the ridiculous predictions that the remainiacs were making. 

What are you on about? I posted lots of stuff earlier. Have you tried buying anything lately? Anything from Europe is almost unobtainable. 

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Please don't put words into my mouth, foreign labour was absolutely driving down the wages of many jobs in the UK, the result of which is many UK workers were rightly not prepared to do them for the amount they would be paid for. With the cheap foreign work force now leaving, simple market forces will rightly push those wages back to where they should be, the recent discussion on hgv driving is a perfect example. But then I'm sure your not really naive and knew all that already, you just don't want to admit it. 

Pushing labour prices up means we will buy and consume less. Our standard of living will fall, you make like, that I don't. 

Edited by oowee

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

What are you on about? I posted lots of stuff earlier. Have you tried buying anything lately? Anything from Europe is almost unobtainable. 

Pushing labour prices up means we will buy and consume less. Our standard of living will fall, you make like, that I don't. 

Makes me wonder how I ever survived growing up during the 50s 60s without all those imports.

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

We used to make our own stuff then but priced ourselves out of work.

I was thinking more on the lines of food, but yes manufacturing in the UK is not what it once was, mind you I would never have bought anything that came out of British Leyland.:)

I did my apprenticeship in the 1960s, there was a training levy on companies that they had to pay, a sort of extra tax. If you trained young uns that was repaid. Then many managers all came up with a mantra of "we can save on training by just buying trained worker from elsewhere" now after 50 years of very weak countrywide training schemes there are shortages being highlighted by the foreign workers departure. Surprised? I am a remainer but this elephant has been in the room for a long time. Bosses hate and always have to pay decent wages in the UK, we are I believe the 7th economic power but we pay peanuts.

49 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yeah short term to minimise disruption. 

But that's the point, if there was an area that needs particular support, we can decide to plug it with foreign labour, or not. So thanks for proving another leave pledge, Its called taking back control! 

enjoy your denial i will stick with being man enough to admit gump took us for fools thanks