Channel Migrants

ditchman

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Cant understand what we are doing with the £350m a week we saved from EU membership :lol:

We are using it to pay for covid.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Your right but in the last two years the numbers are far higher than previous. Since leaving the EU there is no return to the last safe haven country agreement for the UK. Also failed asylum seekers in the EU know that if they come to the UK they cannot be returned to the EU. 

How many did we send back under the Dublin agreement?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Your right but in the last two years the numbers are far higher than previous. Since leaving the EU there is no return to the last safe haven country agreement for the UK. Also failed asylum seekers in the EU know that if they come to the UK they cannot be returned to the EU. 

Come on oowee, you know as well as I do that's nonsense, they weren't being sent back to the EU anyway and they were never going to accept them no matter what negotiations we tried, I accept we're no better off with illegal immigration since leaving but it's early days and if we get a government with a backbone, we're in a far better position outside of the EU to put our foot down and forcibly send illegal immigrants back if necessary. 

Just now, Rem260 said:

We are using it to pay for covid.

How many did we send back under the Dublin agreement?

This

21 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Come on oowee, you know as well as I do that's nonsense, they weren't being sent back to the EU anyway and they were never going to accept them no matter what negotiations we tried, I accept we're no better off with illegal immigration since leaving but it's early days and if we get a government with a backbone, we're in a far better position outside of the EU to put our foot down and forcibly send illegal immigrants back if necessary. 

This

1200 over the years 2014 to 2017. Many many more than have been moved to Rwanda. Many many more than have been returned to anywhere over the last two years. You may argue its not enough and I would agree but its far better than we have now. 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

1200 over the years 2014 to 2017. Many many more than have been moved to Rwanda. Many many more than have been returned to anywhere over the last two years. You may argue its not enough and I would agree but its far better than we have now. 

A drop in the ocean that was never going to be fixed via a negotiation. I really don't think this issue has much to do with EU membership, other than the EUs open boarders making it very easy for illegal migration to occur and don't forget while in the EU, as soon as an economic migrant secured any EU passport, by default they had the right to enter the UK. We're better off out. 

6 hours ago, oowee said:

Rwanda, if it happens, will be the biggest compensation payment made by the UK in history. 

No it won't, Israel already does it and has done for years.

Denmark are doing it and and are far ahead of us because both sides of their political system strongly supports the idea.

Who is going to sue us for compensation ? Oh yes these boat chasing human rights lawyers.

Well I think our present Home Secretary will be more that a match for them. She looks like she is tough enough to put them back where they belong.

Because for many years now these vulture lawyers have been the root cause of everything that is wrong with our immigration disaster and we have been paying them obscene amounts of public money to do so.

39 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Because for many years now these vulture lawyers have been the root cause of everything that is wrong with our immigration disaster and we have been paying them obscene amounts of public money to do so.

Absolutely , it didnt help when a certain ex PM s wife made it 'fashionable' , and highly lucrative.
Its a double whammy bonus situation , you get to virtue signal like a good un, and get paid handsomely for it.

Surely we have had enough of the Tories. Five years for claims is inhuman.

Figures from the Refugee Council also showed that a further 725 people – 155 of them children – have been waiting for more than five years for their claims to be evaluated by the Home Office.

It come as ministers are understood to be looking at larger and more basic sites including disused student accommodation and defunct or underperforming holiday parks to house asylum seekers awaiting a decision.

I don't see what it has to do with the tories. Illegal immigration and fake asylum seekers have been a problem for over 30 years. T. Blair sending Mandelsson off to India and Pakistan actively promoting migration to the UK (cos of course they'll vote Labour) started an unstoppable tidal wave of humanity. Just from Pakistan alone the figure is still about 250,000 per year! At least they're mostly here legally, but having 40,000 plus illegals arriving on our beaches and harbours every year and probably double that number who don't get counted, just makes things almost impossible for the occasional genuine asylum seeker.

It shouldn't be up to us to check the veracity of asylum claims, like everything else in life, it should be up the claimants to demonstrate a valid claim. If they can't oblige it should be Sayonara Folks, you're on a plane home

35 minutes ago, oowee said:

Surely we have had enough of the Tories. Five years for claims is inhuman.

Figures from the Refugee Council also showed that a further 725 people – 155 of them children – have been waiting for more than five years for their claims to be evaluated by the Home Office.

It come as ministers are understood to be looking at larger and more basic sites including disused student accommodation and defunct or underperforming holiday parks to house asylum seekers awaiting a decision.

This is the other side of it and I agree, on a human level it's inhumane, the whole system is and it needs changing yesterday. 

38 minutes ago, oowee said:

And how much of this time is due to continuous repeated appeals by the money grabbing vultures who call themselves human rights lawyers aided and abetted by left wing/woke civil servants?

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

And how much of this time is due to continuous repeated appeals by the money grabbing vultures who call themselves human rights lawyers aided and abetted by left wing/woke civil servants?

OK, how much?

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Agreed, it shouldn't take five years to deport those entering the UK illegally. It should be the same day.

And how do you know whether or not they entered irregularly?

10 minutes ago, henry d said:

And how do you know whether or not they entered irregularly?

:lol: the word is illegally.

and you are right I don't know for certain, but the comment still stands -

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

it shouldn't take five years to deport those entering the UK illegally. It should be the same day.

Edited by Newbie to this

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Looks like we wont have to wait for the Rwanda gate affair we will have Manston gate first. You either follow the law or you descend into anarchy.

1 minute ago, Scully said:

😂👍

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

It's all sorted now guys, Sunak has decided to give the French more money!!!! Not only have we pulled down our trousers as far as immigration is concerned, but we are now paying France to buy the KY Jelly.

ready for a painless entry back into the EU no doubt