Tracey Mulligan-Insulate

turbo33

Scully makes some very valid comments in his rant. We have to accept its human nature to do the things we do. However if our numbers were much less it gives the planet and general environment a much better chance to tolerate human kind.

Also another point, the scientific community seem to use a pre industrial time as their base line for carbon increase. I wonder if they have ever considered looking at the population levels at the same starting point.  It would be interesting to see the correlation. It may also be very uncomfortable reading and undermine their futile agenda . 

7 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

However if our numbers were much less it gives the planet and general environment a much better chance to tolerate human kind.

Agreed: The planet, being a finite size can support a finite population.  That can be a relatively small population with a moderate to high standard of living - or a moderate population with a mix of standards of living (perhaps where we were late 20 century?), of a larger population with a lower standard of living (except perhaps for the 'party elite' or whatever layer is at the top).  Things would be pretty tough at the bottom.  Arguably this last may lead to a lot of 'conflict' over resources such as food, water, warmth etc.

7 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

It may also be very uncomfortable reading and undermine their futile agenda . 

Also agreed.

Edited by JohnfromUK

22 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Scully makes some very valid comments in his rant. We have to accept its human nature to do the things we do. However if our numbers were much less it gives the planet and general environment a much better chance to tolerate human kind.

Also another point, the scientific community seem to use a pre industrial time as their base line for carbon increase. I wonder if they have ever considered looking at the population levels at the same starting point.  It would be interesting to see the correlation. It may also be very uncomfortable reading and undermine their futile agenda . 

Sadly, it's difficult to undermine the agendas of experts who have the blind backing of idiot politicians?

Attenborough leads the charmed BBC sponsored plan of causing chaos, done in the name of educating us plebs? 

35 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I wonder if they have ever considered looking at the population levels at the same starting point.  It would be interesting to see the correlation

I did a quick search the other day out of interest and it would appear that in my life time whilst the uk population has grown by about 20% (at least half of which is immigration) the world population has trebled.  If this is not a major part of the problem I don't know what is but the "activists" still ignore it.  when will they admit it.

3 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

I did a quick search the other day out of interest and it would appear that in my life time whilst the uk population has grown by about 20% (at least half of which is immigration) the world population has trebled.  If this is not a major part of the problem I don't know what is but the "activists" still ignore it.  when will they admit it.

The short answer, never as it doesn't suit their agenda?

2 hours ago, old man said:

The short answer, never as it doesn't suit their agenda?

Personally I will live my life sensibly, re cycle where I can, go green if it's in the same ball park cost of a less green alternative. However I will have no feeling of guilt if I do things that the green liberals find abhorrent. When they widen their eyes and see population as the true problem, I may alter my behaviour.  Trouble is they are gutless, and too scared to face up to the real problem 

57 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Personally I will live my life sensibly, re cycle where I can, go green if it's in the same ball park cost of a less green alternative. However I will have no feeling of guilt if I do things that the green liberals find abhorrent. When they widen their eyes and see population as the true problem, I may alter my behaviour.  Trouble is they are gutless, and too scared to face up to the real problem 

this is the real answer. by Trinity..:good:

ive cut my meat intake by at least 60%.........i now have a small petrol car 50 mile/gallon...i activly buy vedge that is not wrapped in plastic........i put my recycling bin out once/mth instead of every 2 weeks...and even then it aint full....same with my rubbish bin

im better off ...and healthier.....i hate waste with a passion

13 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

She said she is on disability benefits.

Hello, then the DWP should check her eligibility ?

On 29/10/2021 at 19:48, Scully said:

I think the reason population growth isn’t mentioned as a contributor is because it’s only relevant if we ‘consume’. 
In my experience ( despite what we’re told ) is that consuming is what humans do, and have done since Jesus’ dog was a puppy. 
We all want a better life, we want to be wealthier ( more so than healthier usually ) we want the best clothes, footwear, iPhones, tv’s, laptops, cars, kitchens appliances, holidays, even if it’s just as a yardstick by which to measure and project our success in life to friends and contemporaries. ‘We’ve been to Dubai this year!’ Whoopi ****** do! Personally I can’t think of anywhere less I would like to go ( unless you include Colmonell ! 😂

We even want our kids to be successful as we think that will mean they’re happy! One isn’t necessarily an indication of the other.  It’s bonkers! 
The older I get the less I need, or want, but I was young once and I wanted it all, so who am I to criticise? 
Perhaps it’s peer pressure, but for as long as there are humans they will devour and consume at a helluva rate. It’s what we do, whether you’re a member of insulate Britain, extinction rebellion, Chris Packham, meat eater, veggie, vegan or clingon; or that monstrously huge hypocrite Attenborough, who must have created ( at the tax payers expense ) one of the largest carbon footprints by any individual in the history of mankind! 
That turned into a bit of a rant! 🙂

Good post Scilly 👍

17 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Yep, though personally not sure gutless is the whole answer, still working on that.