Almost 100% response says NO!!

Walker570

8 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Breathing through a mask will pull bacteria and virus into the outer layers and saliver particles onto the inner layers. This mask  then becomes a potential souce of infection itself. 

Really? Yet it’s still perfectly ok and acceptable to wear a highly absorbent snood. 

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

🙂I have a brand spanker now! 👍

In 2057 , when lockdown is finished,  and we're no longer at risk from covid  ,  prime minister farage will start a five year enquiry into covid and other ungodly diseases,  at the end of the enquiry,  we'll see a very disappointing looking chief medical officer , holding your mask and shaking his head 😄.

4 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

In 2057 , when lockdown is finished,  and we're no longer at risk from covid  ,  prime minister farage will start a five year enquiry into covid and other ungodly diseases,  at the end of the enquiry,  we'll see a very disappointing looking chief medical officer , holding your mask and shaking his head 😄.

I’ll be 98. I’d like to think I’d still be here to witness it, but………🙂

18 hours ago, 39TDS said:

I'd say generally people are sensible but it hasn't stopped covid. Not all the people infected are idiots and not all of them were infected by idiots either.

Exactly. It is not going away and we all have to live with it.  The populace have been scared rigid and the fact the NHS is NOT fit for purpose is nothing to do with covid but more to do with how it is managed and run by the Government of the day. Basically it is a Nationalised Industry and that says it all .....  money pits with no basic desire or responsibility to do well by the upper echelons whereas the 'workers' are attempting to do their very best.  

Get on and enjoy your lives. It ain't a rehearsal.

Well its strange because we have had 100% positive response where i work with the advice for all those that can to work from home. Certainly no winging and moaning about Borris's so called call Christmas party. 

Of course not because its in their favour, like everything else, if it suits its all good, if it doesn't its either a conspiracy or a pack of lies.  

Edited by Dougy

2 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Well its strange because we have had 100% positive response where i work with the advice for all those that can to work from home. Certainly no winging and moaning about Borris's so called call Christmas party. Of course not because not because its in their favour, like everything else, if it suits its all good, if it doesn't its either a conspiracy or a pack of lies.  

You make a very sound point!

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Exactly. It is not going away and we all have to live with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Get on and enjoy your lives. It ain't a rehearsal.

------------------------------------------------

Exactly this !!!

Natural Immunity is and always will be the best protection for respiratory viruses which naturally evolve quickly as it appears Covid19 is doing with Omicron as the latest data from S Africa shows the the jabs and booster are only 23% effective and it is the vaccinated who are transmitting the virus from country to country as the unvaccinated are not allowed to travel internationally.

So no point in the flu vaccine then, they spend millions giving it out for the fun of it :hmm:Natural immunity is great as long as the infection doesn't kill you. 

I have not been wearing a mask when shopping and in public areas since June 2020 and will continue maskless for the foreseeable future.

So are you going to avoid public areas, or break the law ?

Edited by ordnance

2 hours ago, ordnance said:

So no point in the flu vaccine then, they spend millions giving it out for the fun of it 

Incorrect, they give those out to people with a clinical need, i.e. the elderly in our society, those with a compromised immune system, and so forth.  They don't offer it to, for instance, 12 year olds, where natural immunity is a far better bet.

One of the questions of the vaccine sceptical has been, why on earth that shouldn't be the case for Covid vaccines too?  Herd immunity happens anyway, may as well work with it, not against it...

10 hours ago, Scully said:

Really? Yet it’s still perfectly ok and acceptable to wear a highly absorbent snood.

This has always been my problem with mask mandates.  Given their efficacy is pretty questionable, the "it can't hurt" brigade seemingly ignore for instance, immuno compromised who are the last people who should be re-inhaling their own saliva particles!

11 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Unless you are wearing a FFP3 mask or better, the cloths, paper and materials all other masks are made from do absolutely nothing to prevent you catching or transmitting Covid and the only protection they offer is the capture of large droplets (which would fall quickly to the ground anyway) whilst allowing the free passage of the virus backwards and forwards.

Good gawd, don't go stating simple facts like that, doesn't fit with the narrative you know...

ignore for instance, immuno compromised who are the last people who should be re-inhaling their own saliva particles!

Its other peoples saliva particles they are trying to avoid, not their own.

You missed one bellow. 

Stonepark I have not been wearing a mask when shopping and in public areas since June 2020 and will continue maskless for the foreseeable future.

So are you going to avoid public areas, or break the law ?

Edited by ordnance

Let’s not fall out about it, choices, just make yours  and be happy. With every choice there is a decision to make and as sure as night follows day every choice results in a consequence. Make your choice and accept the consequence and be happy. Also let us respect those who make different choices.

28 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Its other peoples saliva particles they are trying to avoid, not their own.

Do try and keep up.  The mask mandate, is (allegedly) about stopping your larger saliva particles*.   The point I was making about the immuno compromised not re-inhaling their own saliva and phlegm, forcing their already weaker immune systems to contend with more than they otherwise would, should be obvious, no?  That masks not worn according to clinical guidance are just basically bacteria farms.

*particles small enough to contain Covid 19 can and do pass through masks, thus rather rendering their use questionable at best.  But I'm not expecting mask enthusiasts to even acknowledge that.  I'd rather welcome official government advice at least acknowledging that fact, even if the advice remains unchanged.  But then my shares in swine aviation might go up.

36 minutes ago, ordnance said:

You missed one bellow.

I don't understand, I didn't answer a question you didn't ask me?  You asked @stonepark that?

Do try and keep up.  The mask mandate, is (allegedly) about stopping your larger saliva particles*.   The point I was making about the immuno compromised not re-inhaling their own saliva and phlegm, forcing their already weaker immune systems to contend with more than they otherwise would, should be obvious, no?  That masks not worn according to clinical guidance are just basically bacteria farms.

So then people with compromised immune system are advised by the experts not to wear masks :hmm:

I don't understand, I didn't answer a question you didn't ask me?  You asked @stonepark that?

Fixed. 

Edited by ordnance

15 minutes ago, ordnance said:

So then people with compromised immune system are advised by the experts not to wear masks :hmm:

Bingo!

Well, almost.  The reason I raised this, again, was to counter this frankly, intellectually lazy response of mask-enthusiasts: "It can't hurt!".  It demonstrably can. And that's not the only way mask mandates can cause harm.

Yes, of course, the immuno compromised *should* be advised IMHO to not wear masks*, but the fear campaign is so in overdrive at the moment that I'm not convinced those who shouldn't be wearing masks, aren't.  This is my issue with the otherwise perfectly reasonable "each to their own" argument.  The legislation doesn't reflect that.

*Yes, I've mis-placed my PHD in respiratory virology somewhere....

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Bingo!

Well, almost.  The reason I raised this, again, was to counter this frankly, intellectually lazy response of mask-enthusiasts: "It can't hurt!".  It demonstrably can. And that's not the only way mask mandates can cause harm.

Yes, of course, the immuno compromised *should* be advised IMHO to not wear masks*, but the fear campaign is so in overdrive at the moment that I'm not convinced those who shouldn't be wearing masks, aren't.  This is my issue with the otherwise perfectly reasonable "each to their own" argument.  The legislation doesn't reflect that.

*Yes, I've mis-placed my PHD in respiratory virology somewhere....

How Immunocompromised Patients Can Stay Safe

Whether or not there’s a pandemic, immunocompromised patients are advised to wear masks, social distance and practice frequent hand hygiene. They are at a higher risk level of a severe outcome, should they contract any illness.

And with COVID-19, specifically, until the majority of the population is vaccinated, they should follow protocols such as:

• Wearing a mask in public and around anyone who is not fully vaccinated.
  • Maintaining at least six feet of distance while in public or when around those who are not fully vaccinated.
  • Practicing frequent hand hygiene.
  • Ensuring that their household members and caregivers get vaccinated as soon as possible to help keep them safe. 
  • Getting themselves vaccinated as soon as possible.

Wearing a mask in public and around anyone who is not fully vaccinated.

Maintaining at least six feet of distance while in public or when around those who are not fully vaccinated.

Practicing frequent hand hygiene.

Ensuring that their household members and caregivers get vaccinated as soon as possible to help keep them safe. 

Getting themselves vaccinated as soon as possible.

That is just more "get vaccinated" propaganda. Being vaccinated or not in those situations makes begger all difference.

If people don't want to get vaccinated that is fine by me because they are not a threat to my health, me being vaccinated or not is what might change that.

Which would be the bigger threat to me using the above points, being with my unvaccinated son who is perfectly healthy or my triple jabbed father in law who currently has covid? 

Edited by 39TDS

Which would be the bigger threat to me using the above points, being with my unvaccinated son who is perfectly healthy or my triple jabbed father in law who currently has covid? 

Obviously a person that is infected would be a greater risk of passing on a virus than someone that isn't,  while they are infectious. 

That is just more "get vaccinated" propaganda. Being vaccinated or not in those situations makes begger all difference.

Why get vaccinated propaganda, do you think they are vaccinating people for the fun of it :hmm:

Edited by ordnance

There will not be any more Furlough because the money tree is bare and so there can’t and won’t be any further lockdowns.

If you’re under 40 and fit (with or without the vaccine) the chances of dying of Covid are vanishingly small. Indeed the chances of going bankrupt or suffering the effect and consequences of poverty are far more real. 

No one can be too surprised that having put their lives on hold for 2 years, younger people don’t want to be locked up or forced to wear masks or forced to have a vaccine. I’m just being objective and realistic about where we are. I also can see why anyone over 65 is getting twitchy too.

But...but...masks protect... that's why cases are down(sorry up) ...right:whistling:

Now don't get me wrong some masks do protect against airborne viruses, but the majority don't.

Surley it's time to just learn to live with this virus, it's here to stay.

I'm all for vaccination, but wearing a cloth (probably loose fitting at that) over your mouth and nose is just nonsense, but both should be a personal choice.

Two jabs to freedom, or is that two more jabs to freedom-repeat :hmm: