Almost 100% response says NO!!

Walker570

33 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Just watched a programme which asked will you follow the new rules brought in this week on covid restrictions and almost a 100% reply was a reverberating NO!!

Seems the public have had enough of the nonsense.

Almost everyone I saw interviewed in the news said the same, citing the alleged flaunting of their own rules by this government last Christmas. Fair enough. 

36 minutes ago, Scully said:

citing the alleged flaunting of their own rules by this government last Christmas

That may well be the 'sabre rattling' response that folks feel they ought to give.

What has also significantly changed since last year is the fact that the vast majority are now vaccinated, and feel at least some sort of protection.

If the stories from South Africa about Omicron were similar to what they were in Northern Italy .. with bodies piling up etc .. people would be making a different choice for sure, but when we're hearing 'not as bad as delta', and with the Ready Brek glow of being vaccinated, it's very difficult to see how or indeed why we should be holding back.

Some might have a change of mind if they or their family are unable to get emergency treatment if all the ICU beds are full with Covid patients. 

flaunting of their own rules by this government last Christmas. Fair enough. 

That's something you would expect to see in a children's play ground, I am not doing it because they said they would and didn't  😢 😢 People should have the wit to do what is needed to keep themselves and others as safe as possible, no matter what some politicians do. 

1 minute ago, ordnance said:

Some might have a change of mind if they or their family are unable to get emergency treatment if all the ICU beds are full with Covid patients. 

That's something you would expect to see in a children's play ground, I am not doing it because they said they would and didn't  😢 😢 People should have the wit to do what is needed to keep themselves and others as safe as possible, no matter what some politicians do. 

Amen to that!  :good:

53 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Quite possibly. Some folk are possibly expressing resentment about restrictions, especially as it would seem some politicians aren’t abiding by them. I do know one or two older folk who say they’ve just had enough? One old dear in the village said she wasn’t sure how much longer she had, and certainly wasn’t going to spend it fearing for her life. I can understand that. Others are just concerned with it affecting their holidays. 
I genuinely couldn’t care less what the politicians do. They’re politicians, I don’t know what else anyone expects.
I’m just getting on with my life, and whilst I won’t deliberately put anyones life at risk, ( as some have claimed ) I won’t put mine on hold either. I am chiefly only concerned with those I care for. 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

Quite possibly. Some folk are possibly expressing resentment about restrictions, especially as it would seem some politicians aren’t abiding by them. I do know one or two older folk who say they’ve just had enough? One old dear in the village said she wasn’t sure how much longer she had, and certainly wasn’t going to spend it fearing for her life. I can understand that. Others are just concerned with it affecting their holidays. 
I genuinely couldn’t care less what the politicians do. They’re politicians, I don’t know what else anyone expects.
I’m just getting on with my life, and whilst I won’t deliberately put anyones life at risk, ( as some have claimed ) I won’t put mine on hold either. I am chiefly only concerned with those I care for. 

Can't argue with that 👍

48 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

I'd say generally people are sensible but it hasn't stopped covid. Not all the people infected are idiots and not all of them were infected by idiots either.

I can only go by what i see, in work for example 8 sitting in a canteen the size of a small kitchen shoulder to shoulder no ventilation and three teenagers in the room, no social distancing or mask wearing, out and about the same. I work on farm and construction machinery, there is not a day goes past that i haven't to politely tell customers to keep their distance. And people wonder why infections keep rising. 

My wife is an NHS nurse who worked in full PPE during the first and second lockdown with on occasion a full ward of covid patients, most of which didn’t make it home. She has been wearing a mask doing 12hr shifts every since.

What ever people choose to do in the coming days and weeks will have a huge impact on the NHS . Just because Boris and his minions are a bunch of irresponsible, arrogant idiots it doesn’t mean responsible people should follow.

You can’t believe anything journalists put in “programs”.

i went to the supermarket and all bar one Eastern European couple had face masks on. I’ve been triple jabbed and pleased to be so.

Whatever the journalists want to drag up from the past most people are gifted with a modicum of common sense and just get on with what is necessary.

39 minutes ago, JDog said:

I will faithfully follow the new guidelines and will not resent being labelled a Sheeple if it means my wife and I do not get infected with the Covid-19 virus.

That's what it comes down to, keeping yourself and family as safe as possible no matter what others or the government say. 

I have been wearing a mask when shopping and in public areas since April 2020. I have never stopped doing that and will continue mask wearing for the forseable future. Its not a problem. An hour round the shops once a week at most.

I used to wear a mask at work for hours at a time every day. This is not even a minor inconvenience. I have had all three vaccinations for covid, a flu jab and a pneumonia jab. I don't live in fear, its just common sense.

I have not been wearing a mask when shopping and in public areas since June 2020 and will continue maskless for the foreseeable future.

I only wore a face shield for first few months until where upon it became obvious that #Covid19 was 99.78% survivable and was no worse than the flu.

Unless you are wearing a FFP3 mask or better, the cloths, paper and materials all other masks are made from do absolutely nothing to prevent you catching or transmitting Covid and the only protection they offer is the capture of large droplets (which would fall quickly to the ground anyway) whilst allowing the free passage of the virus backwards and forwards.

Natural Immunity is and always will be the best protection for respiratory viruses which naturally evolve quickly as it appears Covid19 is doing with Omicron as the latest data from S Africa shows the the jabs and booster are only 23% effective and it is the vaccinated who are transmitting the virus from country to country as the unvaccinated are not allowed to travel internationally.

Screenshot_20211211-112115~3.png

"Low profile ergonomic half mask with twin HEPAC pleat design filters. Grill covers the entire filter surface and protects against moisture. Filter provides 99.99% filtration of airborne particles and aerosols at 0.3 micron and above. Material is odour-free and non-allergenic, with latex and sillicone-free face seals. Less clogging pressure and inward leakage"

This is the specification of the mask I wear. I also fitted a fibre based filter on the exhalation valve as although the inhalation valve is filtered the exalation valve wasn't. It gets sprayed with 70% isopropyl alcohol after use and the filters changed regularly.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I have been wearing a mask when shopping and in public areas since April 2020. I have never stopped doing that and will continue mask wearing for the forseable future. Its not a problem. An hour round the shops once a week at most.

I used to wear a mask at work for hours at a time every day. This is not even a minor inconvenience. I have had all three vaccinations for covid, a flu jab and a pneumonia jab. I don't live in fear, its just common sense.

That’s entirely fair enough, and I think the vast majority of folk do likewise. My OH is exactly the same, and I have no gripe with any of that at all.
I will wear a mask where I have to, and have no problem with that, my gripe is with the fear mongerers and the jobsworths. 
The politicians and the media have a lot to answer for; they have some folk genuinely living in fear, and it’s a despicably deliberate in my opinion. It reminds me of the marketing ploys used to sell products…… ‘there are more germs on your kitchen work surface than in your toilet, ( as the ad’ shows a young child wiping its hand over the kitchen table before popping a finger in its mouth ) but this product will kill them’! Even if it’s true, it’s obviously not doing any of us any harm, as we’ve done without that product for most of our lives! I sometimes wonder if all these ‘products’ aren’t part of the reason there are so many people with allergies and ‘intolerances’ nowadays. Get your kids into the garden and let ‘em munch on a bit of dirt and a few worms! 🙂

38 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

"Low profile ergonomic half mask with twin HEPAC pleat design filters. Grill covers the entire filter surface and protects against moisture. Filter provides 99.99% filtration of airborne particles and aerosols at 0.3 micron and above. Material is odour-free and non-allergenic, with latex and sillicone-free face seals. Less clogging pressure and inward leakage"

This is the specification of the mask I wear. I also fitted a fibre based filter on the exhalation valve as although the inhalation valve is filtered the exalation valve wasn't. It gets sprayed with 70% isopropyl alcohol after use and the filters changed regularly.

I have one of those blue and white jobbies, but it’s mostly grubby now and was found lurking in a jacket pocket among a few dog biscuit crumbs from the last compulsory mask wearing period! 
It was briefly resurrected yesterday when my OH took me into town, until she refused to go in anywhere unless I wore new one! 😀

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

The voice of common sense , from someone that has the skills and knowledge to have a qualified opinion 👍

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

I have one of those blue and white jobbies, but it’s mostly grubby now and was found lurking in a jacket pocket among a few dog biscuit crumbs from the last compulsory mask wearing period! 
It was briefly resurrected yesterday when my OH took me into town, until she refused to go in anywhere unless I wore new one! 😀

God that's minging scully 😁

What I find interesting is some people change their clothes every day, Have regular showers,wouldn't dream of wearing the same underwear 2 days running. Those same people will wear a mask without washing it or changing it.

Breathing through a mask will pull bacteria and virus into the outer layers and saliver particles onto the inner layers. This mask  then becomes a potential souce of infection itself.