Ukrainian gives citizens the right to bear arms.

NoBodyImportant

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the Ukraine has national service, so a large majority would know how to use a rifle,they in turn can show others,I have read this evening that the government has handed out 10,000 rifles.

Ukraine is going to lose the battle, it's estimated the capital will fall in 96 hrs,the government have nothing to lose by arming its citizens.

9 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I believe that the Ukraine has national service, so a large majority would know how to use a rifle,they in turn can show others,I have read this evening that the government has handed out 10,000 rifles.

Ukraine is going to lose the battle, it's estimated the capital will fall in 96 hrs,the government have nothing to lose by arming its citizens.

I think it'll just get ordinary people killed,  the people they showed on the news last week looked like they would spray one magazine and that would be it.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I think it'll just get ordinary people killed,  the people they showed on the news last week looked like they would spray one magazine and that would be it.

Each Ukrainian only needs to get one Russian before being killed themselves.  

The old gun behind every blade  grass quote but in this case it puts a gun behind every Ukrainian door. 

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It's up to the individual if they want to take a weapon and fight,the Ukrainian people are passionate about their country.

14 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

It's up to the individual if they want to take a weapon and fight,the Ukrainian people are passionate about their country.

You would hope the people would fight for their country,  but they seem ill prepared,  10,000 rifles against an army?

From what I saw on the news this morning most people were trying to get away. 

22 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

It a lot harder to lock someone up in a camp if they shoot back at you .

This is what's not clear, why the Russians are invading,  I don't know anything about the war that's been going on for 8 years.

I expected the Russians to roll in with no shots fired and just say it's ours now?

51 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I expected the Russians to roll in with no shots fired and just say it's ours now?

Just watched a video of an Ukrainian family man loading his wife and kids into a bus, he is staying behind to fight the Russians. 

The Ukrainian Army seems to be putting up a fight, they managed to re-take the airport, although have apparently used the opportunity to disable (blow up) the runway, so when the Russians inevitably re-take it they won’t be able to land any troops there. 

The Russians have superior numbers, have what appears to be complete control of the air and sea and initial strikes were on key installations and command centres. 

I can’t see the Ukrainians lasting too long to be honest. 

The Ukrainian people, as in pretty much the entire country, need to take up arms against the invaders. 

I’m not sure they have enough weapons to hand out but their President initially asked for anyone with military experience to step up, then later said they would arm absolutely anyone who was willing to come forward. 

There are videos coming out of lots of Ukrainians fleeing the fronts. 

If they are going to be expected to stand and fight the country needs to be co-ordinated, armed and led. 

At present I bet there is a lot of confusion amongst the chaos and the Russians initial hit on command infrastructure. 

8 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Belligerence only goes so far. It would be a certain death sentence for anyone who did this... would you take that decision? Ukraine is not guerilla country, there are no vietnam jungles or afghan mountains to melt away into and I can't imagine anyone who lives there wants Kiev turning into another Grozny...

34 minutes ago, MirokuMK70 said:

Belligerence only goes so far. It would be a certain death sentence for anyone who did this... would you take that decision? Ukraine is not guerilla country, there are no vietnam jungles or afghan mountains to melt away into and I can't imagine anyone who lives there wants Kiev turning into another Grozny...

Would i take up arms against an army invading my country?I probably would, the russian army isn't going to sit you down and give you tea and cakes,they are going to take the country by any means.

9 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Each Ukrainian only needs to get one Russian before being killed themselves.  

The old gun behind every blade  grass quote but in this case it puts a gun behind every Ukrainian door. 

And each Russian tank commander only needs to blow a house or block of flats apart before being... able to rub his hands together and shout 'Следующий!' (Next in Russian)

It's a naive attitude to think that way. Millions of Ukranian citizens will be killed without ever laying a glove on a Russian.

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

Ukraine is an immense and vast country. It would take a huge army to control. At the same time you have to keep control at home and elsewhere. Only the Chinese seem to be able to manage such a fete. The Ukrainians will have their own minds. 

It is...but it's not a complicated geography as such. The mountainous regions are crammed into the extreme Western and Southern areas and there's only 18% forest/woodland. The vast majority of it is flat and with a very good road network, making troop movement and area control much more straightforward. This isn't Afghanistan, with its myriad of gorges, mountains and inaccessible passes. You drive through most of Ukraine and it is soul-crushingly dull for mile after mile after mile...

6 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

It is...but it's not a complicated geography as such. The mountainous regions are crammed into the extreme Western and Southern areas and there's only 18% forest/woodland. The vast majority of it is flat and with a very good road network, making troop movement and area control much more straightforward. This isn't Afghanistan, with its myriad of gorges, mountains and inaccessible passes. You drive through most of Ukraine and it is soul-crushingly dull for mile after mile after mile...

But its full of people with wide open borders. Lots of homes. It would take a Uyghurs style persecution to control. 

12 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just watched a video of an Ukrainian family man loading his wife and kids into a bus, he is staying behind to fight the Russians. 

The Ukrainian Army seems to be putting up a fight, they managed to re-take the airport, although have apparently used the opportunity to disable (blow up) the runway, so when the Russians inevitably re-take it they won’t be able to land any troops there. 

The Russians have superior numbers, have what appears to be complete control of the air and sea and initial strikes were on key installations and command centres. 

I can’t see the Ukrainians lasting too long to be honest. 

The Ukrainian people, as in pretty much the entire country, need to take up arms against the invaders. 

I’m not sure they have enough weapons to hand out but their President initially asked for anyone with military experience to step up, then later said they would arm absolutely anyone who was willing to come forward. 

There are videos coming out of lots of Ukrainians fleeing the fronts. 

If they are going to be expected to stand and fight the country needs to be co-ordinated, armed and led. 

At present I bet there is a lot of confusion amongst the chaos and the Russians initial hit on command infrastructure. 

Every male between 18 and 60 is being Conscripted.

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Every male between 18 and 60 is being Conscripted.

Like I said previously, for them to be effectively conscripted they need a stable Government / command network. 

They need designated places to report to, where they can be given weapons, and orders.

At present they seem to be fleeing the front lines like everyone else. 

Hopefully they can get that network in place and push the Russians back. 

The U.K. and other allies will no doubt be shipping those weapons needed in from the West. 

There are reports of significant loss of Russian tanks / armour, let’s hope that is attributed to all those rocket launchers we shipped out there over recent weeks!! 

283A1EBE-0430-431C-A8C3-D89D17BB0433.jpeg

4A83FC47-2D52-4E00-B9E9-CF40C66C3013.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Like I said previously, for them to be effectively conscripted they need a stable Government / command network. 

They need designated places to report to, where they can be given weapons, and orders.

The U.K. and other allies will no doubt be shipping those weapons needed in from the West. 

There are reports of significant loss of Russian tanks / armour, let’s hope that is attributed to all those rocket launchers we shipped out there over recent weeks!! 

And I wonder what Vitaly's Pronoun was

I would suggest He/Him/Hero

40 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

That takes some stones.