Cartridge catcher for semi-auto ?

cardigun

2 hours ago, HantsRob said:

Exactly what I use, £1. from a Sunday market.

My mate and I researched  the idea of a catcher or deflector (most being home made jobbies  that kinda worked .so my mate set about trying to make one and many other things like nets  etc .

In the end he and I gave up its just way easier just to pick them up at the end  ,as above I have a small telescopic magnet thingy that helps reach into a bush or down a ditch .

Many years ago it was possible to have a Remington semi auto adapted to deflect a spent cartridge downwards. I had a trap gun that had been converted. Mind you Trappies back then were a lot more tolerant of semi autos than they are today. There was an adaptation made for semi autos, but it only caught 1 cartridge, rendering the gun a virtual single shot. As American trap is single shot only, it didn't matter of course. I just use a magnetic stick thing. Get your decoys right and 80% of your empties will be in one place.

23 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I also made a magnetic walking stick, 

Hello, if you keep a walking stick in the motor it's easy to make a cartridge picker upper with some of those small magnets off eBay, mine has 12 8mm glued in to the shank, and 1 10 mm in the end of stick, 

Hi. I had a look. "BIRCHWOOD CASEY T&S BERETTA A400 XCEL SHELL CATCHER" I is only for one cartridge so useless if you are using two or more at the same time. It is also £32.90 +post.  I experimented with an electromagnet. But by the time you have a powerful enough magnet and a battery wired to an on off switch it's much easier to pretend you have a bad back and get your shooting partner to puck up for you. 🤡