Just how much longer will the BBC and ITV keep trotting out the pointless coverage?

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I am deeply saddened by the Death of the Queen.

But how can ALL of the TV companies justify rehashing all the old stuff in between the actual news worthy bits of this sad occasion?

It is totally and utterly ridiculous as is cancelling many sporting events, the world's gone mad.  Enforced mourning similar to lock down in the interference with public life stakes.

Edited by Weihrauch17

fortunatly a lot of it is totally historic ..something most of us have never seen.......it is very touching...and reminds us who we are.............

BUT....BUT.........lots of "elements" within the media ....really need to shut their gob...the utter rubbish and drivel they are coming out with...which is not helped by so called guest presenters ..(i could name several of them)........are there to push their own agenda...and full of supposion.....aka made up garbage.....

this is the world we live in now....

Last Thursday afternoon when everybody seemed to be covering the Royals heading to Scotland, Huw BLOODY Edwards actually said on the BBC "and we can expect the next group of Royals to arrive here at Aberdeen Airport to depart by Range Rover" Well that was inspired broadcasting of the highest quality!  NOT!

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

fortunatly a lot of it is totally historic ..something most of us have never seen.......it is very touching...and reminds us who we are.............

I agree with this .

The passing of the Queen ,  has saddened me much more than I ever thought that it would , and ,  I've found the constant TV coverage very comforting .

I've learned more about the Queen,  and our traditions,  in the last two days , than I've learned in my previous 54 years.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

I agree with this .

The passing of the Queen ,  has saddened me much more than I ever thought that it would , and ,  I've found the constant TV coverage very comforting .

I've learned more about the Queen,  and our traditions,  in the last two days , than I've learned in my previous 54 years.

Oh good, you are the target audience then.   :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I take it your TV doesn't have an off button then dave 🤔.

Of course it does, I am currently watching C4 and the F1 Qualifying Highlights, but then you know exactly what I mean with regards to the lazy, pumped out, over reporting of what has happened, don't you?

I was sad to see her pass - a remarkable woman - and have enjoyed some of the coverage which gave more of an insight into what she was really like. That said, we all lose friends and relatives whose loss is no less significant to us.

Whilst some coverage has excellent, I do question just when it will stop. Will it be like this every day until the funeral? As someone posted - it is cheap to produce, repetitive, low level journalism.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Of course it does, I am currently watching C4 and the F1 Qualifying Highlights, but then you know exactly what I mean with regards to the lazy, pumped out, over reporting of what has happened, don't you?

I'll be honest , a lot of the presenters aren't doing great , but , it's something that is changing minute by minute , and they're just trying to fill the gaps , and whilst it's clear that some of presenters have very little knowledge of history , some of them are extremely knowledgeable,  and are very interesting.  Also , a lot of the people that are watching proceedings on TV,  will be like myself,  and will be finding it very comforting.

I'm not usually much of a TV fan , but , I've probably watched more TV in the last two days , than I've watched in the last two years.

25 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I agree with this .

I'd agree with this, I watched about 4hrs of different coverage on Thursday night,  but changed to itv  after a few hours.

There are more than enough channels to turn over or off.

Our rugby went ahead today,  for some reason Ruby league wasn't cancelled,  but it was nice to stand for a two minute silence. 

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So you are the TARGET AUDIENCE, I will wait for it all to stop soon.   

Mel, how many more weeks can you take of it all?

I'll watch it , until I no longer feel the need to watch it . I shall also be respectful of the fact , that other people may feel the need to watch it for longer than I do, and,  If they find comfort in it , then who am I to deny them that comfort ?. 

When I've seen enough , I'll turn my TV onto one of the other hundreds of channels. 

Have watched some of the coverage,there are dozens of other channels if you want to watch something else.

ITV and the BBC would be jumped on if they didn't give all the coverage, they can't win can they.

This is history being made,most of us have never lived through a Monarch dying and another coming to the throne, and chances are we will never see it again.

Just now, welsh1 said:

Have watched some of the coverage,there are dozens of other channels if you want to watch something else.

ITV and the BBC would be jumped on if they didn't give all the coverage, they can't win can they.

This is history being made,most of us have never lived through a Monarch dying and another coming to the throne, and chances are we will never see it again.

Yes, it is history being made and I am all for that being reported.   

But they have become 24 hour rolling news channels without much news, just more herberts who have either met or even seen the Queen!

Yes, it is history being made and I am all for that being reported.   

But they have become 24 hour rolling news channels without much news, just more herberts who have either met or even seen the Queen!

Dave , our Queen of 70 years has passed away . It is a monumental happening for most of us . Many of us feel a great sadness , that will last longer than a two hour long news programme.  

We all feel grief in different ways . Your grief may be short lived , but , for others it may last longer . 

Just be patient,  your usual programming will return shortly 👍

Mel, she was my Queen, I served her for 22 years.

It is the BBC and ITV that I cannot work out.

The BBC are just doing what the majority of the viewing public , and the country,  would want them to do. 

One of the very interesting programs that I've watched over the last couple of days ,  explained how it had all been planned years in advance , with the Queen playing a very large part in the planning . TV programs,  radio programs ( respectful music),  the funeral coverage etc , just about everything had already been planned in minute detail.

I believe that the regular BBC 1 programs,  are being shown on some other BBC channel.

31 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Dave , our Queen of 70 years has passed away . It is a monumental happening for most of us . Many of us feel a great sadness , that will last longer than a two hour long news programme.  

We all feel grief in different ways . Your grief may be short lived , but , for others it may last longer . 

Just be patient,  your usual programming will return shortly 👍

Well said ……..we are all different ,we simply turn off when it gets too much .