Dambusters

Ratlegs

Would you shout out the name in the park today?

I’d rather they show the film with Name change, than it be pulled forevermore because the name is dubious.

Re. Gibson’s character, I’ve no doubt he didn’t suffer fools gladly. Bader was the same by all accounts.  However, that’s the sort of character that won wars and dragging it up is petty-minded.

I doubt if they would lose much sleep over the criticism. 

Dam Busters Film 2022 coming soon, a fearless crew of 2 Transgenders, 1 Gay man, 1 Lesbian, 1 mixed race drag queen and a teenager who identifies as a Food Blender, take to the skies again (after 3 months Health and Safety checks) to drop Covid Vaccines on the starving vegetarian "people of African origin".  

12 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Dam Busters Film 2022 coming soon, a fearless crew of 2 Transgenders, 1 Gay man, 1 Lesbian, 1 mixed race drag queen and a teenager who identifies as a Food Blender, take to the skies again (after 3 months Health and Safety checks) to drop Covid Vaccines on the starving vegetarian "people of African origin".  

You forgot to mention, all the while the faithful rescue dairy cow Whitey, eagerly awaits it's vegan rescuers return from the mission.

12 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

You forgot to mention, all the while the faithful rescue dairy cow Whitey, eagerly awaits it's vegan rescuers return from the mission.

Think the name Whitey has been changed to Jordan, although feminists complained that women were being labled as cows the name Jordan is multi sexual. Complaints from the peoples front of  Israel that they wre not involved in the War have been over looked.

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It did, but they did often show the original, not now the Wokies are in charge!

I can remember the original prior to editing, and was changed for the same reason as was Agatha Christie’s ‘Ten Little *******’ . 
I know it’s origin lies in the Latin for black ( Niger ) but it’s a derogatory insulting racial term in the same vein as ‘spic’ and ‘wop’, and changed for that good reason. More to do with decency and respect rather than wokism, I would think. 

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Trigger was simply NOT the dogs name, and should never be betrayed as such.

shame on those that are trying to rewrite history.

Don’t get the hump with me, I didn’t do this. 

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, as has been said it’s probably not wise to call your own dog the original name unless you want constant bother.

29 minutes ago, Hicky said:

Don’t get the hump with me, I didn’t do this. 

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, as has been said it’s probably not wise to call your own dog the original name unless you want constant bother.

It wasn't aimed at you.

I would never dream of calling my dog that, but the one portrayed in the film was called that, and to remain factual, should still be called that. The film, after all, is based on actual people, dogs and events.

He was more than just Gibson's pet, he was the squadron mascot.

Just read that the RAF had his name removed from his headstone :mad:

Edited by Newbie to this

18 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

You make me laugh. :good:

On 26/09/2022 at 14:26, Ian willetts said:

Took my late Mam who lived near where it was filmed lady bower reservoir near glossop what a beautiful place 

me and my old fishing buddie where fishing in a boat in the middle of Lady Bower blissfully unaware when the Dam Buster memorial fly past came over , two hurricanes a spitfire and a lancaster bomber, straight over the top of us and scared the living daylights out of us ! has you say a beautiful place .

there are loads of films that have been messed with because woke idiots do not like it.in Robin Hood the lip where the soldier says I have never seen a noble woman's breast was cut.but one of the worst examples in true grit the line fill your hands you sob taken out.yet most films made today have the f word in almost every line.