Mmmmm? Refugee jumping the queue?

bruno22rf

So, I,m sat in my Dentist waiting room this morning when a Mature lady came in accompanied by a mid 20 ish Lady with a small child. They stood directly in front of me so I heard word for word what was being discussed. "Were the practice taking on NHS patients?" asked the mature lady only to be told that they were but that a 6 month waiting list was involved. After a few more questions the receptionist explained that the child could be registered immediately but only if emergency treatment was required to which the mature lady replied that her 2 companions were Ukrainian refugees that she was housing and that they needed to be registered to get free treatment.The practice Manager (who had been working in the background but could hear what was being said) then leant over the receptionist and quietly said "We can accomadate them - register them now". So, if you are told by your local NHS Dentist about a 6 month waiting list ......

Edited by bruno22rf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

Surely it is up to the practice to decide who and how many people they can take and it wasn't the Ukrainians queue jumping it was the practice managers decision. 

did you miss the part where she was told there is a waiting list so then played the refugee card let’s not make excuses here full square abuse of the process 

11 minutes ago, clangerman said:

...so then played the refugee card...

No, that's what they are.

Not making excuses, if you hear something like that and think that it is wrong, surely you bring that up at that time and not on an online forum when you may not have all the information available?

16 minutes ago, henry d said:

No, that's what they are.

Not making excuses, if you hear something like that and think that it is wrong, surely you bring that up at that time and not on an online forum when you may not have all the information available?

had it been myself definitely would have spoken up and loud what information is missing here then? applied refused played refugee card accepted can’t get any clearer without pics! 

Just now, clangerman said:

had it been myself definitely would have spoken up and loud what information is missing here then? applied refused played refugee card accepted can’t get any clearer without pics! 

It would be easier to understand with a few commas and possibly a full stop?

2 hours ago, henry d said:

No idea, it would have been best to ask why at the time would it not?

When you are waiting for 4 teeth to be removed as it's holding up your heart surgery, sometimes it's best not to argue. You can ring and ask them if you want, I can PM you their number. It has not affected my treatment, after being told 3-4 weeks for an appointment - a call from Hammersmith Cardiology Dept. got me seen in 2 days.

Perhaps the question needs to be asked to a few folk with their rose tinted glasses on. 

If we have 1 million refugees receiving free dental, NHS treatment, housing and benefits. Where do they think these funds come from ???

Oh and of course they will get some state pension. 

And dont tell me the money grows on tree's because i know it doesnt.   

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

Where do they think these funds come from

Are you inferring that they all sit on their backsides and just take from the system?

28 days after getting refugee status all benefits including housing stop, you have that length of time to get housing, a NI number and a job or benefits. After that amount of time on £40ish a week (on a card I believe) are you going to be able to support yourself by waiting 28 days for the gravy train? No, I believe you will be doing your best to get into the job market, somewhere to live and as a consequence paying back into the system. 

9 hours ago, Dougy said:

Henry. I can't claim £40 a bloody month. 

Neither can I as I am on a pension and I presume you have some form of income too? Would you prefer that they get their money from the black economy?

No idea what you see on your rise garden but I see a completely different story  

No idea what that means.